Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug Trading Cards 2015 (Cryptozoic)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug Trading Cards 2015 (Cryptozoic)
 Login/Join

posted
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug Trading Cards

Relive the adventure of the reluctant hobbit, Bilbo Baggins, as he sets out to the Lonely Mountain with a spirited group of dwarves to reclaim their mountain home - and the gold within it - from the dragon Smaug. This new trading card set captures all the wonder of Middle Earth in a new base set, as well as multiple chase sets including character biographies, posters, collages, and more. Autograph and one-of-a-kind Fine Art cards are also randomly inserted into packs of this gorgeous new collectible set.

Key Features:

• Base cards feature imagery from the epic fantasy adventure, one of the top grossing films of all time
  • Chase sets feature the exciting encounter with Smaug, and 3D lenticular embellishments of Movie Posters
  • Randomly inserted Autograph cards from most of the main cast, in multiple card designs
  • Hand-drawn Fine Art Cards, each one-of-a-kind

Product Details:

Release Date: Q1, 2015
Packs: 5 Cards per pack, 24 packs per box
MSRP: $4 per pack
Base Set: 72 card base set
Chase Sets: Character Biographies, Lake-town, Smaug, Movie Posters, Triptych Collage
Inserts: Autograph cards (TBD), Fine art cards (TBD)

Autograph Signers (Signers in Bold have returned cards, Signers with an * are under contract):

James Nesbitt as Bofur the Dwarf
Jed Brophy as Nori the Dwarf
Lee Pace as Thranduil
Peter Hambleton as Gloin the Dwarf
Richard Armitage as Thorin Oakenshield
Ryan Gage as Alfrid
Jeffrey Thomas as Thror, King under the Mountain
Ken Stott as Balin the Dwarf
Stephen Fry as Master of Lake-town
Aidan Turner as Kili the Dwarf
John Bell as Bain son of Bard
Ben Mitchell as Narzug
Graham McTavish as Dwalin the Dwarf
John Callen as Oin the Dwarf
Mark Hadlow as Dori the Dwarf
Stephen Ure as Fimbul the Hunter

Autograph Gallery:

Binder: The full-color, limited edition binder comes with an exclusive lenticular card.

Promotional Card:

NSU Magazine Vol. 24, #4
Cover Date: August-September 2014
P1

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug Trading Cards | Cryptozoic Entertainment

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SerialKilnWalkr,

Posts: 79 | Location: Cincinnati, OH | Registered: October 05, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Darth Graham
posted Hide Post
There are now some autograph pictures and details on the Cryptozoic website.

Posts: 165 | Location: Milton Keynes, UK | Registered: March 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
Interesting, though I suppose mostly expected. I only just noticed this though:
quote:
Randomly inserted Autograph cards from most of the main cast, in multiple card designs

which grabs my attention a bit.

I hope Stephen Fry signs, and would be nice to see Evangeline Lilly and Ian McKellen too, though I have their autographs from elsewhere.

Posts: 398 | Location: UK | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
I'm not really collecting these sets (preordered a box of the first one, before it was $100 a box) but I would be interested in an autograph card from Luke Evans. And if they are doing multiple designs, how about landscape to match my Topps LOTR sets Wink

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason00:
but I would be interested in an autograph card from Luke Evans. And if they are doing multiple designs, how about landscape to match my Topps LOTR sets Wink

If for some reason you cannot get an Evans signed card. He is a very good signer ttm. He signed my custom "Hobbit" card and recently signed a "Dracula Untold" photo for my son.

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
Ah excellent, they've updated with a few more since last I checked, including Stephen Fry/Master of Lake-town! More or less the only autograph I was looking for from this Big Grin

Other new additions seem to be Ken Stott/Balin and Jeffrey Thomas/Thror

Posts: 398 | Location: UK | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Updated.

Posts: 79 | Location: Cincinnati, OH | Registered: October 05, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
They've added Stephen Hunter, William Kircher, and Andy Serkis as Second Unit Director (?).

Also, it's criminal that it looks like the boxes will only contain one autograph and nothing else. Again.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ravenheart,

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
that's why this time im not buying boxes only chasing autos after some one else has spent a vast fortune only to lose out selling at a loss. this happened to most who bought boxes last time

Posts: 312 | Location: united kingdom | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Now added Mary and Peggy Nesbitt (individually), James Nesbitt's daughters. Nice touch.

Ditto, vampy. Ditto.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Added Mikael Persbrandt as Teen Wolf.

Picture of Darth Graham
posted Hide Post
There are previews of sketch cards by various artists on the blog page of the Cryptozoic website, they are looking great!

Posts: 165 | Location: Milton Keynes, UK | Registered: March 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Is their a release date yet? It's says Q1 which ended last week.

Thanks!

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Darth Graham:
There are previews of sketch cards by various artists on the blog page of the Cryptozoic website, they are looking great!

I'll look forward to never owning one Wink

Sylvester McCoy auto added.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Adam Brown added, with an awful screengrab for a photo.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Martin Freeman added to the list:

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
love that image! did a psc of it last year

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
Looks to be an Incredible set... Thumb Up

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Manu Bennett also added.

Lots of repeats, but at least it's another shot at Freeman and Armitage.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
According to the Cryptozoic website release date is May 13th.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post