Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    OUTLANDER Season 4 (Cryptozoic)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

OUTLANDER Season 4 (Cryptozoic)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
Coming in 2020. Product page is up on Cryptozoic's site but no card images or news of signers as of yet.

https://www.cryptozoic.com/out...ing-cards-season-4-0

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Huh...

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
I managed to pick up Ed's card from the CZX set cheaply, which was a miracle in itself as nothing was cheap from that set. Smile

Posts: 422 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That is. I haven't got a single card from that set. I've had better luck with the DC one though.

And what's this "Star Struck" nonsense in the corner. Why must everything have a silly name now?

posted Hide Post
The Star Struck logo looks and sounds a bit tacky.
Perhaps CZ were planning another type of gimmick set, or will in the future, but will use some of that style card for this set. Roll Eyes

Posts: 422 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah, the first thing that caught my eye is the new "Star Struck" logo. It's silly and distracting. Roll Eyes

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Interesting I just noticed this on the enlarged image of the box.

It reads:

5 TRADING CARDS PER PACK
24 TRADING CARD PACKS PER BOX
1 PACK OF 13 PLAYING CARDS PER BOX

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
Interesting I just noticed this on the enlarged image of the box.

It reads:

5 TRADING CARDS PER PACK
24 TRADING CARD PACKS PER BOX
1 PACK OF 13 PLAYING CARDS PER BOX

I assume you need 4 different packs to make a deck

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Well that sounds dumb...

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
I see they all have the "star struck" on them. I think that looks tacky

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
I see they all have the "star struck" on them. I think that looks tacky

Totally agree.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yep. Awful.

posted Hide Post
So it looks like it's on all of them. Yuck.
What was wrong with just having the CZE logo? Twak

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There is far, far too much desire in the card manufacturing industry at the moment to give things stupid names. I don't really get it. Upper Deck are terrible for this. As anyone who ever attempted to collect any of their Marvel sets will know, every set has a different daft name for the autographs and the costumes.

I think in CZX's case, they're trying to create a miniature "brand", such that running through their future sets, there's a "Star Struck" autograph range, to entice people who aren't interesting in collecting individual sets, but might want to collect the "Star Struck" cards across multiple sets.

I'm certain that was their original thing with those awful "Star Power" subset cards.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Cryptozoic has announced they will not be attending Emerald City Comic Con due to concerns over the spread of coronavirus in the Seattle area. So they are selling a new "convention" dual wardrobe card of Claire and Jamie exclusively in their eStore. The card is #'d to 200, costs $30, and has a limit of 2 per person. All purchases of the wardrobe card will also come with the P4 promo card, which was originally reserved for Emerald City Comic Con.

Here's the link:

https://store.cryptozoic.com/O.../outlanders4conv.htm

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
There are distributors here in the UK, but when it comes to buying convention cards like this, we are excluded. It can't be a licence issue.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
And it's already sold out.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
There are distributors here in the UK, but when it comes to buying convention cards like this, we are excluded. It can't be a licence issue.

I tried to buy one last night but couldn't as it was (as you say) US/Canada only.