Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Topps Planning New Mars Attacks Cards and Merchandise for 2012?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Topps Planning New Mars Attacks Cards and Merchandise for 2012?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
its going to be hard enough to get hold of the comic con promo`s but now that the promo`s can be used to get prizes ect they will be even further from our grasp

Posts: 312 | Location: united kingdom | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
How do you know this? I have seen no details about the contest that will be held after Comic Con so how do you know promos will be involved? Often patience is actually a virtue! Wink

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Since we are on the verge of the release date, here are my artist proofs:

An homage to Mars Attacks #36, "Destroying A Dog", my good friend Kate Bradley did this replacing the dog with herself and putting her dog "R2" in place of the boy:

Another homage, this time to card #51, "Crushing The Martians":

The final card, an original concept worthy of Mars Attacks!:

Let the invasion begin! Big Grin

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Good stuff from Kate, like usual. Congrats on those! I'm definitely hoping for some "Red" in my packs.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Batman:
How do you know this? I have seen no details about the contest that will be held after Comic Con so how do you know promos will be involved? Often patience is actually a virtue! Wink
this is on face book from topps

Posts: 312 | Location: united kingdom | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
The post on Face Book states that there will be a contest involving promos for people attending SDCC, and another contest after SDCC for everyone else, so you will have a chance after SDCC. Smile

Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I am seeing rumors of a shipping delay. Frown

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Headless Horseman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
I am seeing rumors of a shipping delay. Frown

My boxes were mailed yesterday from my dealer.

Posts: 1112 | Location: Freehold, NJ, USA | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
I am picking up my case in about an hour. It seems that most distributors did not receive their inventory until Monday, which would make it hard to have it out to everyone by Wednesday. So delays will likely be a day or two.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
That's good news! Smile

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I wonder how long before it appears in the U.K.?

Is the Topps site the only place to order binders from? I tried putting my details in but it would not accept my county (state) on the site so it may not be available to purchase from the U.K.??????

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
i filled in the form on the day of release and got a message you will be contacted soon.
2 days later nothing ?????????

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My U.K. case Supplier has stated he was unable to obtain Binders from Topps. I've tried getting some off the Topps site but just get an email thanking me for interest and someone will contact me!!!!!!

Why don't Topps just say Thanks but no Thanks U.K. buyers? Frown

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by treksearcher:
My U.K. case Supplier has stated he was unable to obtain Binders from Topps. I've tried getting some off the Topps site but just get an email thanking me for interest and someone will contact me!!!!!!

It's not JUST the UK. Topps does not offer the binders to ANY dealer. They are a direct from Topps only item. Shame really, I could have sold many many binders for Topps sets through the year.

I don't understand why, if you are going to make them anyway, they don't offer them to dealers. Surely the cost per unit would go down if they made more.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
quote:
Originally posted by treksearcher:

It's not JUST the UK. Topps does not offer the binders to ANY dealer. They are a direct from Topps only item. Shame really, I could have sold many many binders for Topps sets through the year.

I don't understand why, if you are going to make them anyway, they don't offer them to dealers. Surely the cost per unit would go down if they made more.

Ed

I can't even buy them from the Topps site, as I stated, just got a message acknowleging my details. How are U.S. customers managing to purchase from the Topps site?

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Is anyone from Topps going to answer my query about U.K. collectors/dealers buying the binders for this release?

Checked the bay, no Binders there! Do They exist?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: treksearcher,

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Heard from a U.S. dealer that the release of the Binders has been put back to week of July 23rd. This is unconfirmed as Topps appear to be in hibernation at this time.

posted Hide Post
I ordered both versions online last week and have gotten notice of shipping.

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I also got my shipping notification.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
I also got my shipping notification.

Appreciate an update when you actually receive your order Batman.