Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Topps Planning New Mars Attacks Cards and Merchandise for 2012?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Topps Planning New Mars Attacks Cards and Merchandise for 2012?
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MikeFitz
posted Hide Post
Sorry if this has been discussed, but are there or will there be any promos for this set?

Posts: 1457 | Location: New England | Registered: January 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not sure but I've heard there may be a large promotional presence at SDCC this year as both are in the same month.

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
I know there will be at least a couple of promos coming.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
I know there will be at least a couple of promos coming.

Metal

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Got the OK on my cards, so here are a few more.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Thush
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Love the Scream, Ted.

Posts: 385 | Location: London, UK | Registered: October 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
Love the Munch one Smile

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks! Here are a few more.

I don't want to overload this thread with my cards, but I did this layout for each of my cards. I'll post a handful here and there.

posted Hide Post
On topic but not card related. Gentle Giant is releasing a Mars Attacks bust for SDCC limited to 500.

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Topps has announced a scavenger hunt promotion for Comic Con. You can visit nine different booths and get an exclusive set of nine Mars Attacks promos. Details at the link below on the NSU blog:

Topps Announces Mars Attacks Comic Con Trading Card Giveaway

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
Topps has announced a scavenger hunt promotion for Comic Con. You can visit nine different booths and get an exclusive set of nine Mars Attacks promos. Details at the link below on the NSU blog:

Topps Announces Mars Attacks Comic Con Trading Card Giveaway

It's going to take some searching to get those promos in the U.K. Frown

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by treksearcher:

It's going to take some searching to get those promos in the U.K. Frown

Topps UK will get some for us. Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Just like we will be able to buy boxes from the Topps Uk web-site Smile

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Does Topps UK still exist and if so has anyone told them they do?

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Issue #1 of the comic book series hit the stores this week (for those of you who collect comic books also).

Posts: 420 | Location: USA | Registered: October 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
The Mars Attacks #1 comic has 55 variant covers, one for each of the original cards.

I order my comics in advance through a subscription service, so I just ordered one copy and they'll fill it randomly. It'll be interesting to see if covers that depict the more notorious cards will be more sought after.
The interior art for that series is by John McCrea who is one of the greatest humor artists of all time. If the writing is up to snuff, this series could be a smash hit.

For the completionist, IDW (the publisher of the comic) also offered a complete set of all 55 covers in one package, but it was a couple of hundred dollars, yeowtch!

I also wanted to say, in regards to the earlier posted sketches, that Ted Dastick has done it again! His creativity in terms of sketch card designs is simply unmatched. I hope I get one of his in my Mars Attacks case.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:

I also wanted to say, in regards to the earlier posted sketches, that Ted Dastick has done it again! His creativity in terms of sketch card designs is simply unmatched. I hope I get one of his in my Mars Attacks case.

Thanks! Cool

Mars Attacks is something I grew up with, it's as dear to me as Star Wars. When this set was announced, I wanted to go all out. Never did I dream I'd get to contribute to the Mars Attacks legacy!!

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Keep watching the Skies, I've heard Mars Attacks next month. Eek

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
youve been tacking them little yellow pills again ?
quote:
Originally posted by treksearcher:
Keep watching the Skies, I've heard Mars Attacks next month. Eek

Posts: 312 | Location: united kingdom | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope everyone has seen IDW's issue #1 of Mars Attacks-- with 55 variant covers, each one reproducing one of the original 55 cards in high gloss.

You can buy them as a big ol' box set, or just hunt down your favorite card.

Posts: 165 | Location: Mars | Registered: April 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post