Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Topps Planning New Mars Attacks Cards and Merchandise for 2012?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Topps Planning New Mars Attacks Cards and Merchandise for 2012?
 Login/Join

Picture of Klepsis
posted Hide Post
It turns out the box set has all 55 cards pictured on covers as well as two dealer incentive cover pictures for a total of 57 images. A little pricy, but I like mine. Bouncey

Posts: 44 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: January 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
Plus one additional cover that is exclusive to the box set (it has 56 total copies).

Total number of covers: 58.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1176 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
IDW has announced a one-off....Mars Attacks The Holidays:

IDW Announces Mars Attacks the Holidays

Posts: 12994 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
IDW has sold out of "nearly 55,000" copies of Mars Attacks #1

Mars Attacks #1 Sells Out

Posts: 12994 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Klepsis
posted Hide Post
Does the comment in the article about vigilance mean that they don't intend to do a second printing? In light of current comic publishing practices for hot titles a second printing is almost common place, with some titles up to 5th and 6th printings within a 3 month span.

Posts: 44 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: January 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Klepsis:
Does the comment in the article about vigilance mean that they don't intend to do a second printing? In light of current comic publishing practices for hot titles a second printing is almost common place, with some titles up to 5th and 6th printings within a 3 month span.

I don't know. This was a direct quote from the press release. Like you, I would not be surprised to see a second printing. Perhaps they meant for anyone collecting them all, "vigilance would be key" to collecting copies of all 56 First Printings?

Picture of Klepsis
posted Hide Post
For those of you who might be able to make it to Austin, TX on Wednesday, the 18th of July: The folks at Austin Books and Comics have arranged for Len Brown to do a signing for the day one release of the Mars Attacks Cards.

This is the link to the Facebook event notice: Len Brown Signing

The link to Austin Books facebook page is: Austin Books and Comics

My friends at Austin Books tell me that the date may change if there is a problem with the release date, although at this time they don't expect one. Should that happen I will update this message.

P.S. If anyone is interested in the comics: they also told me that while IDW doesn't have a big reputation for doing second printings, they have done so a couple of times in the last 2 or 3 years. If a second printing is forthcoming they suspect that a new cover illustration will be used, so we should all keep looking for our favorite cover from the first set. Smile

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Is it only issue 1 that will have variant covers?

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I've seen sellers on ebay quoting a release date of July 10th, is that correct?

Also, What level of parallel sets will be included? I've seen a Silver set sold and Green for pre-sale.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by treksearcher:
I've seen sellers on ebay quoting a release date of July 10th, is that correct?

Also, What level of parallel sets will be included? I've seen a Silver set sold and Green for pre-sale.

Official release date is July 11. There are silver, gold and green bordered parallels.

We'll be posting all of the official specs next week on our facebook page-- everyone should check it out!

www.facebook.com/MarsAttacks

Posts: 165 | Location: Mars | Registered: April 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by treksearcher:
Is it only issue 1 that will have variant covers?

It's from the IDW comic company, and they tend to have variant covers for most of their comics, especially hot titles, so you can bet there will be at least a couple of different covers for each issue. I'm on a subscription service for my comics and I won't get my #1 for another week or two, so I still don't know which card variant issue I've got. Fingers crossed for one of the classics, but most of them are pretty great so I'll be happy with whatever one I get.

Posts: 3316 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Will be posted full specs on the set tomorrow on our facebook page!

www.facebook.com/MarsAttacks

Posts: 165 | Location: Mars | Registered: April 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Topps will also be selling exclusive boxes and binders with the original "Attack from Space" logo which was the working title until it was changed to "Mars Attacks" prior to distribution. Cool stuff, looking forward to next week's release! Smile Thumb Up

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
for those fans in the UK, artist John McCrea, who is drawing the comic and contributed 15 all-new cards to MA HERITAGE-- including a limited number of sketch cards-- is appearing at Orbital Comics in London on July 17!

He'll be doing sketches and selling original art as well!

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Not long now, who will be the first to put a box/case breakdown on NSU?

posted Hide Post
Is there a binder for this set? I've checked Topps' web site and can't find anything?

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Tirohn:
Is there a binder for this set? I've checked Topps' web site and can't find anything?

It's not supposed to be available til tomorrow.

Posts: 1567 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
There are actually two binders available for this set, the regular version and the "Attack From Space" version. I will be buying both! Smile Thumb Up

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
There are actually two binders available for this set, the regular version and the "Attack From Space" version. I will be buying both! Smile Thumb Up

You little devil Big Grin

Posts: 12151 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post