Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Topps Planning New Mars Attacks Cards and Merchandise for 2012?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Topps Planning New Mars Attacks Cards and Merchandise for 2012?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I ordered both binders last week and received a shipping confirmation email yesterday. According to the tracking number I should receive my binders today.

Posts: 29 | Location: East Stroudsburg, PA | Registered: December 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
I received my binder today. No problems, nice job on the artwork. Just wish they were wider. They wont hold alot of cards, might have to buy another.

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also received my binders today. I agree with beamer in that the binders are thin and will not hold many pages. That said, I am very happy with the binders and will most likely order more.

Posts: 29 | Location: East Stroudsburg, PA | Registered: December 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A few U.K. sellers are now listing Mars Attacks so hopefully my cases will be with me soon. Elephant

Still had no reply from the Topps site about the binders. Shake Head

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
I received a shipping confirmation by email today.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I received my 2 binders today. Topps included the 9 card sdcc uncut puzzle card. THANKS TOPPS!!!

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by treksearcher:
A few U.K. sellers are now listing Mars Attacks so hopefully my cases will be with me soon. Elephant

Still had no reply from the Topps site about the binders. Shake Head

My supplier states the cases are stuck in customs? Hopefully not too long.

It's great that you in the U.S. are getting your binders but I wonder why Topps can't even be bothered to reply potential U.K. buyers, I know I'm not the only U.K. buyer trying to get Binders from Topps.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here are my Neil camera Returns Smile

Posts: 21 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by viperdays:
Here are my Neil camera Returns Smile

Some fantastic sketches there. Thumb Up

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Here's news on a new Mars Attacks licensed game from Steve Jackson Games:

A Game of Martians

Posts: 12994 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

My returns are in.

Posts: 70 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
For anyone going to New York Comic Con, you can pick up an exclusive version of IDW's Mars Attacks The Holidays. Details on the blog:

IDW, Topps Announce Mars Attacks Plans at New York Comic Con

As noted in the story, Topps says other Mars Attacks items are planned for NYCC including creator signings, promo card giveaways, and free live sketch card events with official Topps artists (details to be announced).

Posts: 12994 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gojira69
posted Hide Post
There are four supplemental Mars Attacks cards in the new 2012 book:

Posts: 10 | Location: California | Registered: September 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gojira69:
There are four supplemental Mars Attacks cards in the new 2012 book:

Will we in the U.K. be able to get these cards?

Picture of wgf351
posted Hide Post
Those cards look fantastic. I wish they had been in the regular set.

Check out my blog at Card Crazy!

Posts: 111 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: January 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
quote:

The book is available from NSU. Smile

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just got word the book I pre-ordered is shipping soon, about a month early.

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
quote:

Thanks for the heads up Batman, just odered copy(s)

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
quote:

Thanks a lot Batman. Yes, we just got our copies in yesterday and it's now offered in the NSU Store:

Mars Attacks book by Topps and Abrams

Picture of Gojira69
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know who sketched this card?

After I saw this sketch card posted recently to the Mars Attacks Facebook page, I got to thinking...

Maybe Topps should consider releasing an entire set made up to look like these! I know it sounds weird, but I'd get one! The could call it Mars Attacks Recollected! What fun! I'd leave it on the coffee table as a conversation piece.

Think about it... most people don't own a set of the 1962-edition cards, right? Also, there are a lot of people who remember having those cards but they don't now. Everybody mistreated their Mars Attacks cards! They came out before kids collected everything. I remember an entire set of these we punched holes through and strung on the wall on a string! The perfect vehicle for nostaligia-cravers, then, is NOT a pristine set of 2012 re-issues (though those are nice too). A complete Mars Attacks! set made to look like some were used in bicycle spokes, torn and repaired, written on, holes punched in would in fact be the perfect blast from the past and quite a conversation piece.

If Topps doesn't like the idea maybe I'll make my own set from the current re-release. Just imagine the spots and stains and doodles and missing corners, oh joy! Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Gojira69,

Posts: 10 | Location: California | Registered: September 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post