Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Topps Planning New Mars Attacks Cards and Merchandise for 2012?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Topps Planning New Mars Attacks Cards and Merchandise for 2012?
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Very cool, Pablo! The giant insect has a great Norm Saunders look to it! I just saw that this will be released with retro style boxes and wrappers, they look awesome! Big Grin Thumb Up

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post

quote:
Originally posted by Ryan Cracknell:
Mars Attacks: The Broadway Musical?

Does this seem suspicious to anyone else? Or will we see cardboard crossover onto Broadway?

This was definitely fake. Topps and IDW Publishing announced it today, as noted in the graphic above.

quote:
Originally posted by RAMolinelli:
I have it on good authority that it is NOT an April Fool's gag

So I guess that means you did the art that went out with the original press release, Rich? Big Grin

Posts: 12994 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
To my surprise, I got a sales sheet for this set today. Didn't know Topps ever printed them anymore, but I guess Mars Attacks is the Flagship Brand right now.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
To my surprise, I got a sales sheet for this set today. Didn't know Topps ever printed them anymore, but I guess Mars Attacks is the Flagship Brand right now.

Ed

Ed, does it have the card I did on it? If so, I'm gonna have to track some down!

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
quote:

Ed

I will be needing some of this product from you Ed.

Posts: 884 | Location: UK | Registered: October 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pablo
posted Hide Post
Thanks Batman.

I've got a few more cards to show.

Posts: 20 | Location: Leganés | Registered: June 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Ted: Yes, your card is on the sell sheet as well as you're noted as the artist.

Jason: I'm not hard to find, usually...

Pablo: I'd be happy to pull any of those sketches! All winners. Love the card design too.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ted: Yes, your card is on the sell sheet as well as you're noted as the artist.

Oh wow, ok. I know there were two email versions out there and one included my card, I just didn't know if it was on the actual printed one as well.

I definitely have to track some down! Figures, I won't be making it to Allentown this time. Frown

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hiya folks...I am on the sets and just got clearance to post a couple of cards...

Jim Kyle

Posts: 353 | Location: Jersey | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please check out our facebook album of sketch cards. We'll be adding a few images every day (or as often as we can)

http://www.facebook.com/media/...9547131771182&type=1

Posts: 165 | Location: Mars | Registered: April 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Here's some news on the Mars Attacks sketch cards including and artists roster and some sample sketch cards.

Sketch Cards From Mars

Posts: 12994 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This should prove a popular release with a Artist list like that. I may try some of this as I never done the original or the re-release.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
See tons more sketch cards here.

Mars Attacks Sketch Card Gallery

Posts: 165 | Location: Mars | Registered: April 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In the latest issue of Previews there is a short interview with Len Brown. Also, with the first issue of the comic book from IDW there will be 55 covers printed! They are doing the front and back of each card as a cover. There will also be a box set with all 55 covers AND a 56th cover exclusive to the box set. They are also making the packaging of the box set look like the original box from 1962.

Posts: 420 | Location: USA | Registered: October 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hoffmaster007
posted Hide Post
Hello All! I was wondering if anyone knows what the ratios of the sketch cards will be. The quality of the cards shown here is tremendous! ClapI can't believe these would be found one per box, but I would hope Topps wouldn't load one of their flagship brands with filler junk sketches.

Posts: 161 | Location: Harrisburg Pa U.S.A. | Registered: August 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hoffmaster, these sketch cards are indeed 1 per hobby box.

Confirmed by the Martian Commander (AKA Topps).

Picture of hoffmaster007
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the quick response Martian Commander Smile

Posts: 161 | Location: Harrisburg Pa U.S.A. | Registered: August 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Very happy with my new Mars Attacks wall graphic:

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
That looks great Batman. Who is offering those?