Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Topps Planning New Mars Attacks Cards and Merchandise for 2012?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Topps Planning New Mars Attacks Cards and Merchandise for 2012?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Chris Henderson would be my guess !!

Very similar cards like this were done for a few Star Wars sets.

Posts: 138 | Location: England | Registered: August 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hoffmaster007
posted Hide Post
I sold a card simular to this( the artist tried to make the card look old and beat-up )and I don't remember the artist name, but I'm sure it wasn't Chris Henderson or I would have kept it as he is one of my favorite sketch artists. The card I sold had a piece of another sketch card cut out and pasted over the image of the sketch card underneath it. It looked like it sat in a dirty, dusty attic for 50 years. It went for a very nice price on Ebay!

Posts: 161 | Location: Harrisburg Pa U.S.A. | Registered: August 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gojira69
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hoffmaster007:
I sold a card simular to this( the artist tried to make the card look old and beat-up )and I don't remember the artist name, but I'm sure it wasn't Chris Henderson or I would have kept it as he is one of my favorite sketch artists. The card I sold had a piece of another sketch card cut out and pasted over the image of the sketch card underneath it. It looked like it sat in a dirty, dusty attic for 50 years. It went for a very nice price on Ebay!
I'd love to see an image of it if there is one!

Posts: 10 | Location: California | Registered: September 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was fooled into thinking this was an original card until just now I read more closely and saw it was a sketch. Great idea, great execution!

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hoffmaster007
posted Hide Post
The Ended auction is Item #330768693952

Posts: 161 | Location: Harrisburg Pa U.S.A. | Registered: August 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gojira69
posted Hide Post
quote:

Thanks, its John Soukup.

Posts: 10 | Location: California | Registered: September 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I received my Mars Attacks book this morning and very interesting it is too.

I personally am intrigued by the pictures of an original Pack still unopened which must have taken extreme self determination and willpower to leave unopened. How many other master collectors include an unopened pack in their collection I wonder?

Posts: 2116 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now that the arrival of my book is near I need to decide what to do with the cards unique to the book. I'm thinking they should be opened and included with the base set but then the book would be incomplete. Decisions...decisions...

What will you be doing?

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gojira69
posted Hide Post
I've included mine in some sheets which Ive attempted to arrange how they look best chronologically along with the Unreleased Eleven (1994) and the Deleted Scenes (2012). I have this directly after my base set (1962), but maybe your idea is better. I should take them all and place them chronologically within the base set...

56 The Garden of Peace
57 Late Night Discovery
58 The Last Picture Show
61 Flight of the Doomed
01 Death by Impalement
02 Moscow Under Siege
03 The Chaos Spreads
65 Naked and the Dead
64 Slaughter in the Suburbs
62 Last Licks
A2 Keeping Score
A3 No Escape
59 Blasted into Oblivion
60 Unspeakable Experiments
A1 The Scrubbers
A4 Master Plan
63 Common Cause
04 Blood on City Streets
05 Robot Army Attacks
06 Battle in the Sky
07 Robots on the Run
08 on Enemy Turf
09 Flames of Vengeance
10 A Martian's Last Stand
66 Earth Triumphant

NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Got my book today from NSU - came really fast! The book is great - it could have included more, some of the non-card products for instance, but still, it is a must for serious Mars Attacks buffs.
As for my cards from the book, will justput them in my binder with the new set.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dstrohmeng
posted Hide Post
Sorry if it's been covered, but I'm assuming the binders are gone? I just wanted the regular one, not the Attack From Space one. When I clicked on it on the Topps site, it said I would receive an email telling me how to order, but I never got a response.

Posts: 380 | Location: Buffalo | Registered: February 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Still available at:
Mars Attacks Binder

Posts: 2 | Location: Cheektowaga, NY | Registered: September 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CJKToyBay:
Still available at:
Mars Attacks Binder

They are probably still there because Topps totally ignor International Sales with the Mars Attacks binders.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dstrohmeng
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CJKToyBay:
Still available at:
Mars Attacks Binder

That's where I've been trying to order from. This is the message I keep getting:

"Our 2012 Mars Attacks Heritage Official Collectors Binder requires additional information from you in order to purchase. Please enter your contact information below. A representative will contact you soon regarding your interest in our 2012 Mars Attacks Heritage Official Collectors Binder."

I've tried it four times and have yet to get a response.

Posts: 380 | Location: Buffalo | Registered: February 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It just let me order one no problem.

Posts: 2 | Location: Cheektowaga, NY | Registered: September 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
We've checked on with Topps to see what's coming up for Mars Attacks in 2013:

Whats Next for Mars Attacks

Posts: 12994 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post