Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Walking Dead Season 2 Trading Cards from Cryptozoic
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Walking Dead Season 2 Trading Cards from Cryptozoic
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted
quote:
The Walking Dead Trading Cards Season 2
Contents Summary:
• Base cards featuring episodic images from Season 2
• Chase sets featuring highlighted content
• Autographs from cast members
• Wardrobe cards from the show set

Key Selling Points:
• AMC’s critically acclaimed original series The Walking Dead is back with its much anticipated second season.
• Season 1 received a Golden Globe nomination for Best Television Series — Drama. This highly celebrated television series is one of the hottest licensed products available in the market today.
• Based on Robert Kirkman’s best-selling graphic novels, this property appeals to a varied audience.

Marketing Support:
• Promotion in the Season 2 Special Edition DVD Set
• Promotional card distributed through Non-Sport Update magazine
• Promotional support from AMC to reach viewers
• Marketing at San Diego Comic-Con

No mention of sketch cards... Interesting. Those really helped drive the first set.

But the most troubling statement is...
quote:
RELEASES: October 2012
NO ORDER DUE DATE: Allocations will be provided by August 31st

I wish we knew more about the print run. You KNOW everyone is going to want more than they got last set. I have one new customer who wants 10 cases. Eek Going to be hard to get enough to make everyone happy.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
That's interesting. I have already been advised by my distributor that the two cases I pre-ordered about 2 months ago would be cut to 18 boxes.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
I can say that there ARE sketches in the set. A friend of mine is drawing for it! lol

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
A distributor I have dealt with in the past has no info yet.

I'd like to know how many albums were for season one, and how many will be for season 2.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

My distributor said the same thing, this drives him crazy as customers are wanting to place pre-orders.

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tattoox:

I'd like to know how many albums were for season one, and how many will be for season 2.

Season 1 had 500 binders
Comic Series regular was 200 binders

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Roswellian
posted Hide Post
quote:
Season 1 had 500 binders
Comic Series regular was 200 binders

Is this correct?
There were only 200 binders made for the Comic Book series?
If there are 10 binders per case- that would mean only 20 cases were made.
Sounds really low to me, but maybe accurate.
Anyone?

Posts: 126 | Location: New York | Registered: November 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Especially since there were supposed to be 1000 SDCC binders for the comics set.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info Jake.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think they had trouble obtaining sketch cards for the comic release and therefore had a lot of cards left over hence the 1,000 SDCC binders complete with base set and SDCC promo. Dealers on the floor at SDCC were telling every one the orginal binder was limited to 200. Prices for that binder were upwards of $100 whereas the SDCC version could be had for $35.

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
Yup John you're exactly right on that. And by the end of the show some of the dealers even had the SDCC binder marked up to $60+

Not saying they were selling them but they were priced that way (2 different booths that I saw) lol

I understand and respect Cryptozoic's model and idea for their non-sport cards. And I don't want their products to turn into the World of Warcraft model where they're in every retail outlet you go into. But to me they're really selling themselves a little short on some of their production numbers. Especially on the binder front accross the board.

Manufacturer
Picture of Scott Gaeta
posted Hide Post
Hi Guys,

Just to clarify, when we saw that the number of boxes we could produce for WD Comic was going to be lower than expected and much lower than demand we went back and printed more base sets to put in the SDCC binders.

The reason for this is that we wanted to make base sets a little easier to obtain for the casual collectors. Not a perfect solution but we wanted to get more sets out into the marketplace for those fans. Production on the SDCC binder was 2,000.

Thanks!

Scott

Posts: 112 | Location: Irvine, CA.  | Registered: February 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
That's pretty cool of you guys Scott. I kinda thought you wanted to get more base sets out there. Wow! 2,000 of them. Wonder why all the advertising said 1,000.

I've seen solicitations for Season 2 boxes, but nothing yet on albums.

Could we get more details on Season 2 release?

THANKS

Picture of Roswellian
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the clarification Scott.

Can you reveal the number of Comic series binders made?

Is it really only 200?

Thanks.

Posts: 126 | Location: New York | Registered: November 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doc Floyd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Marketing Support:
• Promotion in the Season 2 Special Edition DVD Set
• Promotional card distributed through Non-Sport Update magazine
• Promotional support from AMC to reach viewers
• Marketing at San Diego Comic-Con

Wondering if there is going to be another SE DVD set released like they did with S1 and the P4. Can't find any info on a promo card coming in any of the S2 DVD/Blu-ray sets that are going to be released on August 28th.

Be nice to know what AMC is going to do to reach viewers, send out cards? Betting it is just ads of some sort for the cards.

Posts: 147 | Location: NC | Registered: October 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
Wow 2,000 binders! Thanks for that info Scott!

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
Glad I was able to pick up a single lonely regular binder! Love the 9 card puzzle set in it!

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Scott, Any signers you can mention yet? Please tell me you might have Scott Wilson & Pruitt Taylor Vince?

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
I'd like to see the odds on all the chase cards.

Manufacturer
Picture of Scott Gaeta
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Roswellian:
Thanks for the clarification Scott.

Can you reveal the number of Comic series binders made?

Is it really only 200?

Thanks.

Yep, 200 is correct. Eek

Posts: 112 | Location: Irvine, CA.  | Registered: February 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post