Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Walking Dead Season 2 Trading Cards from Cryptozoic
Page 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Walking Dead Season 2 Trading Cards from Cryptozoic
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Message from Cryptozoic:

To all;

Due to a production error in creating the
Wardrobe card for the Walking Dead 2 Binders, we will experience a short delay. I am waiting for a confirmed delivery date and will update everyone as soon as I can. I apologize for the inconvenience, but it is extremely important to Cryptozoic to deliver the highest quality products to our fans.

Thanks for the update, great customer service!

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
Miranda posted this on another forum:

Wardrobe & Autographs should have a complete set of Season 2 cards out of about 2 cases. Ironically, the lowest qty Wardrobe Card is Dale's undershirt, and even that is within about 15% of the others.
All of the autos are pretty even, although Sophia's two versions could get a little off from getting both out of 2 cases. Everything I looked at in NC looked really good, without duplicates of Auto or Wardrobe out of a case.
Yes, you do get a Walker Wardrobe out of every box, but that never took the place of a Non-Walker Wardrobe--it was always designed to be in addition to the one Character Wardrobe per box. We did have a bit extra Wardrobe swatches, so we increased the ration from 1:24 to about 1:21, so you should get about 13 Character Wardrobe per case.

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
The Retail product available at some of the Target and Wal-Mart stores (not necessarily at every one), will have limited Autograph and Wardrobe cards--chance of finding a special insert is about 1:1,000 packs. This product is really not for hobby collectors, but was designed as a way to introduce fans of the show to trading cards. My goal is to have someone pick up one or two packs, then seek out more information by visiting our site or Trading Card community sites. All of the Retail packs will clearly say "Retail" on them, and after we get past Big Bang Theory Seasons 3 & 4, we will try to also have a completely different design. Please be careful not to purchase Retail packs second hand claiming to be Hobby packs.
Currently, Batman looks like the next set to release, with either Vampire Dairies Season 2 or Big Bang Theory 3/4 just behind it. Castle will also be ready to pack-out soon, so that is what we are looking at for the next few months in to February.

Posts: 36 | Location: Irvine, Ca | Registered: May 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Currently, Batman looks like the next set to release, with either Vampire Dairies Season 2 or Big Bang Theory 3/4 just behind it. February.

Yes, Batman!! Clap

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jaguar69
posted Hide Post
Those Walking Dead fans that will be introduced to trading cards will seek out information, find out about the hobby boxes/packs, and then find they can't buy from CZ, look at ebay, and be scared of by the prices that these are going for.
Hopefully more people are drawn in and introduced to the hobby, but i think this set is not the best to keep people in it.
With any luck they will stay in the hobby and buy other products too, and be hooked like everyone else here! But, unfortunatly, I think the prices will scare more people off than it will hook!

Posts: 96 | Location: Ipswich, UK | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So if it scares off 10 people that have never bought non sports, but makes a collector out of 1 then its a massive success.

Any release that brings ANY new collectors into our hobby is a good thing.

Posts: 109 | Location: Ormond Beach, FL | Registered: June 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Miranda:
The Retail product available at some of the Target and Wal-Mart stores (not necessarily at every one), will have limited Autograph and Wardrobe cards--chance of finding a special insert is about 1:1,000 packs. This product is really not for hobby collectors, but was designed as a way to introduce fans of the show to trading cards. My goal is to have someone pick up one or two packs, then seek out more information by visiting our site or Trading Card community sites. All of the Retail packs will clearly say "Retail" on them, and after we get past Big Bang Theory Seasons 3 & 4, we will try to also have a completely different design. Please be careful not to purchase Retail packs second hand claiming to be Hobby packs.
Currently, Batman looks like the next set to release, with either Vampire Dairies Season 2 or Big Bang Theory 3/4 just behind it. Castle will also be ready to pack-out soon, so that is what we are looking at for the next few months in to February.

Miranda, thanks for all the information and I think this is a wonderful idea! Will there still be Bio foils, shadowbox cards, puzzles in retail or will those be 1:1000 odds as well?

Thanks again and can't wait to see these cards in person!

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
All of my items that are shipping this month are in, except TWD binders.

How long of a delay are we talking about, days, weeks, months?

quote:
Originally posted by Flag City Collectibles:
Message from Cryptozoic:

To all;

Due to a production error in creating the
Wardrobe card for the Walking Dead 2 Binders, we will experience a short delay. I am waiting for a confirmed delivery date and will update everyone as soon as I can. I apologize for the inconvenience, but it is extremely important to Cryptozoic to deliver the highest quality products to our fans.

quote:
Originally posted by Tattoox:
How long of a delay are we talking about?

I was hoping to save a few bucks and have all my Marvel Bronze Age and The Walking Dead season 2 boxes and albums shipped together. I hope I can still get them before Christmas.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Well Said.That's kind of how I feel.I am back into the hobby but i can't afford to pay double the prices for these.So the only way to get the hobby packs are ebay or a non greedy dealer? I would love to own a box or 2 but my only option is retail i guess?

quote:
Originally posted by Jaguar69:
Those Walking Dead fans that will be introduced to trading cards will seek out information, find out about the hobby boxes/packs, and then find they can't buy from CZ, look at ebay, and be scared of by the prices that these are going for.
Hopefully more people are drawn in and introduced to the hobby, but i think this set is not the best to keep people in it.
With any luck they will stay in the hobby and buy other products too, and be hooked like everyone else here! But, unfortunatly, I think the prices will scare more people off than it will hook!

Posts: 4 | Location: PA | Registered: December 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doc Floyd
posted Hide Post
Hopefully the packs will say "Retail" on them, or have some other clue as to what they are. Such as the different odds perhaps.

Posts: 147 | Location: NC | Registered: October 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doc Floyd:
Hopefully the packs will say "Retail" on them, or have some other clue as to what they are. Such as the different odds perhaps.

Miranda says they do.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Doc Floyd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tattoox:
quote:
Originally posted by Doc Floyd:

Miranda says they do.

Awesome. Must have missed that somewhere Cool

Posts: 147 | Location: NC | Registered: October 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just curious if anyone knows. How rare(or not) will a Scott Wilson autographed card be? Need it and trying to figure what it might be selling for.

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Looks like the dual wardrobe cards are additional hits, and I've seen two boxes with 4 wardrobe cards (both had the additional character wardrobe plus a dual Rick/Sophia).

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
I am very frustrated to be refunded today after having sent payment for 8 boxes in September Frown

Money place without any interest in return and no cards.

Now the cost for one box have almost double.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: archifou,

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by archifou:
I am very frustrated to be refunded today after having sent payment for 8 boxes in September Frown

Money place without any interest in return and no cards.

Now the cost for one box have almost double.

That really sucks. I'm sorry to hear that. I wouldn't do business with that dealer again, because they should have known long before now if they were going to be allocated. It drives me crazy that in todays technological world, communication is such an issue. I experience it every day at work. Emails, cell phones, and more meetings than ever, and the supervisors still don't know what's going on.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ts:
Just curious if anyone knows. How rare(or not) will a Scott Wilson autographed card be? Need it and trying to figure what it might be selling for.

I suggest checking ebay. I see on there now. Wondering why you particularly need Scott's.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of SHouseman
posted Hide Post
Looks like the floodgates are opening on E-Bay! I guess it's midnight somewhere in the world. Fun to look at what's rolling out...

Posts: 1186 | Location: USA | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of SHouseman
posted Hide Post
There's an auction up for the retail packs. Looks like you get 2 packs in blister packaging, so look on the pegs at WalMart and Target and not for a box on the shelf!

Posts: 1186 | Location: USA | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
Looking for a master set.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post