Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Walking Dead Season 2 Trading Cards from Cryptozoic
Page 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Walking Dead Season 2 Trading Cards from Cryptozoic
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
It's pretty clear those are preprinted autos. The auction says so. It does appear to be a copy of an authentic auto though

I understand that they are pre-printed autos.
I was more asking if they were made by a company or did the seller just make them and is selling them on his own.
I didn't think that was possible due to copyright issues.

Posts: 82 | Location: NJ | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dobo98985:
quote:
It's pretty clear those are preprinted autos. The auction says so. It does appear to be a copy of an authentic auto though

I understand that they are pre-printed autos.
I was more asking if they were made by a company or did the seller just make them and is selling them on his own.
I didn't think that was possible due to copyright issues.

It is definitely a no no, but it happens all the time.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dough boy
posted Hide Post
It looks like a homebrew card set by this seller. They are trying to pass them off as "official" as they have "AMC" on the cards. I guess for nostalgia it might be something to get (assuming prices are decent), but what prevents them from just printing more?

Posts: 88 | Location: Kansas City | Registered: August 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jaguar69
posted Hide Post
Someone has paid out for what is in essence a fraudulent card set. If it is not a real autograph on anything, I do not see what the point is.

I can make a better looking card than that myself and sell it, but i will be the one that gets caught - it's just not worth it, and goes against the hobby - selling pre prints made out to look official is a defo no no on that site! He can claim they are limited, but there only really limited to how many he has printed!

Posts: 96 | Location: Ipswich, UK | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaguar69:
Someone has paid out for what is in essence a fraudulent card set. If it is not a real autograph on anything, I do not see what the point is.

The point is that someone buys this stuff and that creates a market for it. If people would not buy it, then there would be no point in making it. Wink

If eBay receives complaints from the license holder it would shut it down. If enough viewers complain it would probably shut it down. At least this auction clearly states what you're getting. There were a couple guys that regularly sold homemade pre-printed autographs cards with wording that could confuse uninformed collectors. They are likely still doing it, I don't bother watching these listings.

Bottom line is that even without eBay doing what it should be doing, we are the ones who create these markets by providing demand. We are the ones who drive prices too high on licensed cards and give unlicensed junk enough value to make it profitable for scammers to stay in business. License holders are the ones that should be protecting their investments.

Ultimately the power to stop these cheap imitations lies with the buyers who are throwing away their money and if the buyers want it, absent any actual fraud and misrepresentation, well then they deserve what they get.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Figures the day after I buy an autographed Scott Wilson card on Ebay. He finally replied to my ttm request and signed both my "Walking Dead" and "CSI:Las Vegas" cards. Smile

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
Picture of Scott Gaeta
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Bartowski:
quote:
The auction is over, so I hope this is ok to list.
What do you make of it?
The seller has other cast members also.
Are they legit cards?

Check out item #321035439347 you know where.

These are unlicensed cards and we are actively working with Ebay to shut down the sale of these.

Thanks.

Scott

Posts: 112 | Location: Irvine, CA.  | Registered: February 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
Scott,

Good luck and I hope you get those knock offs outta there. I hate those things.

Any word on TWD 2 binders?

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flag City Collectibles:

Any word on TWD 2 binders?

Ditto on that.

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ditto X2. My cards are just lying around, collecting dust waiting for their binder.

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott Gaeta:
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Bartowski:
quote:
The auction is over, so I hope this is ok to list.
What do you make of it?
The seller has other cast members also.
Are they legit cards?

Check out item #321035439347 you know where.

These are unlicensed cards and we are actively working with Ebay to shut down the sale of these.

Thanks.

Scott

Hi Scott,

Glad to hear you are going to do something about this.

This is another one you mught want to look into.

This seller also has the preprinted cards as well as these knock-offs. Item #221157740241.

I guess when you have something as popular as your cards, you are going to get people with the nerve to sell fakes.

Good luck Scott.

Posts: 82 | Location: NJ | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
I received my other boxes and still not sure if will open them or not...

I am tempting to open them...

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Anyone get a redemption and redeem? I just want to see a pictured of an actual front and back of the dual auto and triple patch.

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Scott, just wondering if you ever tried to get Pruitt Taylor Vince to sign? Thanks!

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Has anyone got word when the Walking Dead season 2 binder will be released.
Not sure what the hold up is, but really anxious to get it.
Thanks.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Has anyone got word when the Walking Dead season 2 binder will be released.
Not sure what the hold up is, but really anxious to get it.
Thanks.

I hear ya. I think everyone is getting a litte inpatient on these. I have customers who were expecting them back on 12/11/12. Very weird there has not been any udpates. Maybe they had to get replacement material for the costume card.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I ordered 4 boxes of Season 2 from my local comic book store and was allocated for 1 box. It will for the moment remain unopened.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
quote:
I received my other boxes and still not sure if will open them or not...

I am tempting to open them...

I opened my 6 boxes and was able to get 1 new autograph (Madison Walker) card and 6 new wardrobe including 2 dual (DM01 and DM03) and Rich white shirt - M1 and Dixon jeans - M27.

I also got the Reedus, Lincoln, Holden and Holden A4 - Season 1 plus Bernthal auto some wardrobes which I already got. Those cards values will reimburse my purchase for those 6 boxes.

Overall very happy to have decided to open 6 boxes.

Now I have 3 boxes not open from another location.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
I just purchased this nice redemption card which is the last from the set. Just need the other one :P

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Nice,

Are you sure you want to keep?