Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Walking Dead Season 2 Trading Cards from Cryptozoic
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Walking Dead Season 2 Trading Cards from Cryptozoic
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Complete checklist is up on official site:
http://www.cryptozoic.com/down...d2_web_checklist.pdf

Awesome insert cards. 5 of the 33 wardrobe cards are walkers, so pretty good main cast. And it seems there are 3 dual autos costumes: lori and shane, hershel and maggie, rick and sophia, which are in addition to the 33. This set is looking better each day, so worth the wait.
So glad I was able to secure 8 boxes. Love the amount of wardrobe cards, great variety of autos and awesome dual wardrobe and redemptions! Can't wait!

Posts: 128 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
It's going to be a tough set to complete. I can see a few of those material cards being short printed. Plus, with 35 different cards, that's 17.5 boxes worth. Eek

On the bright side, I think that there are going to be a fair amount of Rip and Flip sellers with these, so they should be available but probably not cheap.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doc Floyd
posted Hide Post
Only 2 promos this time around, guess they figured this set would sell itself.

Posts: 147 | Location: NC | Registered: October 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Complete checklist is up on official site:
http://www.cryptozoic.com/down...d2_web_checklist.pdf

This is going to be an amazing release! Only two boxes in my allocation means I'll be checking ebay every hour.

When is the best time to buy off ebay? I use to wait until I've opened my boxes but noticed the best prices are when the set is first released. Any thoughts?

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Tirohn:
This is going to be an amazing release! Only two boxes in my allocation means I'll be checking ebay every hour.

When is the best time to buy off ebay? I use to wait until I've opened my boxes but noticed the best prices are when the set is first released. Any thoughts?

I understand your pain here, I'm in the same boat.

I think it is a mixed bag with the wait or pouncing right away. Some you think will be expensive aren't and other if you wait to long end up out of your price range. I would think that the main cast autos and wardrobes would be expensive and the other will be reasonable, but I could be totally wrong. That probably wasn't much help, sorry.

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, not sure if there is a correct answer...

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
There will be a few boxes of The Walking Dead Season 2 up on the Cryptozoic eStore later today for sale at SRP $84.00. This is a PRE-ORDER, and all orders will ship upon release in December. All eStore inventory for TWD is limited to two boxes per household. This means:
If you place an order for over two boxes, the website can sometimes allow it, your order will be canceled
If you place multiple orders and additional orders will be canceled.

Funds can hang around in limbo for a few days while the cancellations are processing, so don't tie up your money for no reason.

There will be another wave of pre-orders before launch.

Posts: 36 | Location: Irvine, Ca | Registered: May 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jaguar69
posted Hide Post
Am I right in thinking that this is a US/Canada only shipping policy with the company?

Doens't really help us fans in the UK! Frown Shake Head

Posts: 96 | Location: Ipswich, UK | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Placed my order! SmileThanks for the info Miranda! Thumb Up

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
I have been trying for the last hour to order 2 boxes and now it has disappeared? Not sure what is happening

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaguar69:
Am I right in thinking that this is a US/Canada only shipping policy with the company?

Doens't really help us fans in the UK! Frown Shake Head

They are NOT allowed to sell out of the United states due to licencing restrictions. Has nothing to do with what they want to do or not to due.

Posts: 522 | Location: New York City | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flag City Collectibles:
I have been trying for the last hour to order 2 boxes and now it has disappeared? Not sure what is happening

My guess is they sold out asap, with those knowing how rare these boxes are going to be. I wish I could have see the post right when it was posted at a chance for this.

Thanks Miranda for giving us a chance at some of these boxes, The demand is insane.

Posts: 522 | Location: New York City | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MrBlueofnyc:
quote:

My guess is they sold out asap, with those knowing how rare these boxes are going to be. I wish I could have see the post right when it was posted at a chance for this.

Thanks Miranda for giving us a chance at some of these boxes, The demand is insane.

I really do appreciate the opportunity, I just wish the system was working. They showed the boxes and I kept getting timed out, created account, then said only 1 box was available then they were gone. I hope I can get some through this offer during the 2nd wave Miranda mentioned.

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I do have one question though.

Since it is 2 per household will someone be able to purchase 2 now then 2 again during the 2nd batch? Hopefully it is one total.

Best Regards!

posted Hide Post
quote:
I do have one question though.

Since it is 2 per household will someone be able to purchase 2 now then 2 again during the 2nd batch? Hopefully it is one total.

Best Regards!

Nope 2 total per household no matter how many times they go on sale.

Posts: 14 | Location: Cincinnati | Registered: September 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Up on the official site the release date now says Dec 2012, instead of Fall 2012. So we're getting that one step closer to a release date.

Posts: 128 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of SHouseman
posted Hide Post
From Cryptozoic's Facebook page, posted late last night:

"Are you a fan of The Walking Dead? If so, check out our blog tomorrow afternoon for some exciting information about the Season 2 Trading Cards!"

Maybe the release date will be announced today??? I don't know of any other insert announcements they could make...?

Posts: 1186 | Location: USA | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doc Floyd
posted Hide Post
Some sort of wrapper redemption would be nice, or maybe some last minute auto additions such as Emily Kinney, and/or Shane as a Walker.

Posts: 147 | Location: NC | Registered: October 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I don't do facebook, did they end up announcing anything?

Picture of Doc Floyd
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't do facebook, did they end up announcing anything?

Nothing yet.