Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Walking Dead Season 2 Trading Cards from Cryptozoic
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Walking Dead Season 2 Trading Cards from Cryptozoic
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of SHouseman
posted Hide Post
Here's the pic of Greg's auto, the walker from season 2, episode 1. Four autographs left to be announced if A1-A14 is the entire run...

http://www.cryptozoic.com/trad...ading-cards-season-2

Posts: 1186 | Location: USA | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
nice addition

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tattoox:
Well, believe what you want. I didn't want to quote my source, but since people want to believe rumors, here's what a CZE person said to me 4 days ago:

"Our policy is to not announce release dates until they are final. Any dates out there are speculation, as all we've said is Fall 2012."

I looked yesterday on their website and couldn't find any updates. Have you seen something there that I missed?

Hey guys, We haven't set a date for this yet. We had some issues in the beginning when we would set dates based on our production schedules, have inevitable delays, and then have to disappoint fans when things got pushed back. To avoid making people sad, we decided to move to a season/month/date procedure. We'll announce our intended season when we announce a project. Once we get most movable pieces nailed down we'll announce a month, and once our pack-out is scheduled, we'll determine our shipping strategy and announce an official release date. I know that not having all the information can be frustrating, but we've had a lot less angry customer service emails since we started this, and it essentially means that each time we have something to say to consumers about release dates it gets to be positive. We are constantly working to provide more concrete information sooner, and that will definitely be on my agenda of things we can improve for future releases. We are all really excited about this set, and we love getting to share information. We'll let everyone know as soon as it is (mostly) safe!

Posts: 36 | Location: Irvine, Ca | Registered: May 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
Miranda,

That is pretty clear. Thanks for the insight.

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
www.cryptozic.com/tradingcards...ading-cards-season-2

Loved the sketches but even more so the box make-up. Very nice to see their adding shadow box cards

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flag City Collectibles:
Miranda,

That is pretty clear. Thanks for the insight.

Looking forward to the Halloween release. Wink

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A4- Steven Yeun just posted to Cryptozoic website.

Posts: 82 | Location: NJ | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of SHouseman
posted Hide Post
Here's the auto list so far...

A01 - Andrew Lincon
A02 - Jon Bernthal
A03 - Jeffrey DeMunn
A04 - Steven Yuen
A05 - Norman Reedus
A06 - Melissa McBride
A07 - Madison Lintz
A08 -
A09 -
A10 - Scott Wilson
A11 - IronE Singleton
A12 - Greg Nicotero
A13 -
A14 - Sarah Wayne Callies

Hopefully the characters of Maggie and Andrea are coming...

Posts: 1186 | Location: USA | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of SHouseman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SHouseman:
Here's the pic of Greg's auto, the walker from season 2, episode 1. Four autographs left to be announced if A1-A14 is the entire run...

Nevermind, I can't read. He is an executive producer and played the deer eating walker in Season 1. He didn't play the walker that is pictured on the card. Just a visual for his make-up background I guess...

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Still hoping for Pruitt Taylor Vince (Otis).

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Salama
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Nevermind, I can't read. He is an executive producer and played the deer eating walker in Season 1. He didn't play the walker that is pictured on the card. Just a visual for his make-up background I guess...

I hope this is the only walker auto, I dont want walkers as "last minute fillers" autoghraph cards. I guess the demand for boxes has got do something with it. Anyway looking forward for the release.

Posts: 188 | Location: Finland | Registered: November 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Manufacturer
Picture of Scott Gaeta
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Salama:
quote:
quote:

I hope this is the only walker auto, I dont want walkers as "last minute fillers" autoghraph cards. I guess the demand for boxes has got do something with it. Anyway looking forward for the release.

Greg Nicotero isn't just a Walker auto. He's the co-executive producer on the show. When one of the people who makes the hottest show on TV likes your trading cards and wants to participate you don't turn him down. Smile

Check out his IMDB listing. He has a pretty impressive list of films and tv he's been involved with making. It's pretty cool that he likes trading cards!

Posts: 112 | Location: Irvine, CA.  | Registered: February 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Salama
posted Hide Post
Oh, thanks for the info. I should have read more carefully about the card. Looking forward to this fantastic set!

Posts: 188 | Location: Finland | Registered: November 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Salama:
Oh, thanks for the info. I should have read more carefully about the card. Looking forward to this fantastic set!

Yeah, Greg Nicotero is a legend in horror films, right up there with Tom Savini!

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Salama
posted Hide Post
Yep, now I understand the importance of Greg Nicotero and why he is on a walker card, checked out IMDB, he even won an Emmy for WD. The value of this card just raised a lot Wink thanks for the info guys!

Should we say about a month to release now.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of SHouseman
posted Hide Post
From the Cryptozoic Q&A answers:

Cujobyte asked, "Also, any news if The Walking Dead Season 2 Trading Cards will have a redemption, and if so, any hints as to what it will be?"
There will be a redemption, and I'll be spoiling it at the Philly Non-Sports Card Show. Not sure if you are going or not, but the clear answer is that you should be!

So, there will be hopefully (or frustratingly) a rare redemption for everyone to chase after again this series! We'll know what it is in a few weeks after the Philly show...

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
This makes it sound like the set won't be out until after Halloween.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of SHouseman
posted Hide Post
A13 Laurie Holden has been added to Cryptozoic's website!

posted Hide Post
Great additional to the line up with Laurie Holden. Is it just me or is this turning out to be the best auto line up! And we've still got two more to be annnounced. I can only imagine how cool the wardrobe cards will be.
Plus I'm so excited now I know my allocation is 8 boxes. Yeah!

Posts: 128 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Salama
posted Hide Post
quote:
A13 Laurie Holden has been added to Cryptozoic's website!

Thumb Up