Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Walking Dead Season 2 Trading Cards from Cryptozoic
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Walking Dead Season 2 Trading Cards from Cryptozoic
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
Is there a planned release date for the retail cards? Is it Tuesday as well for when that stocking company will make my Targets zomtastic?

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of SHouseman
posted Hide Post
The boxes are shipping and some people have already busted some open. There was an auction Sunday that had 5 walker memorabilia cards that was quickly pulled down as they were breaking the street date...

Posts: 1186 | Location: USA | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
Picture of Scott Gaeta
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jake:
Is there a planned release date for the retail cards? Is it Tuesday as well for when that stocking company will make my Targets zomtastic?

Yes, Tuesday is the street date at Wal-Mart and Target too. That said, during the busy holiday period, there are bound to be some stores that don't get it out on time.

Happy Hunting!

Scott

Posts: 112 | Location: Irvine, CA.  | Registered: February 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
You might want to be on the lookout at your local stores later this week as many stores push cards to the floor at this time of year and it is far from unusual for retail to be available in stores prior to release day.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dough boy
posted Hide Post
I probably missed it but is there anything different about the retail packs? I.e. items not in the hobby versions?

Posts: 88 | Location: Kansas City | Registered: August 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A little surprised this set would be offered at retail based on the violent and graphic nature of the series. If just base cards are being offered I don't think I'd be interested.

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Whats the price point for the retail packs? And how will they come packages? Blaster box, clamshell pack, standard box format, rack pack, etc...?

Posts: 3 | Location: california | Registered: October 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
Message from Cryptozoic:

To all;

Due to a production error in creating the
Wardrobe card for the Walking Dead 2 Binders, we will experience a short delay. I am waiting for a confirmed delivery date and will update everyone as soon as I can. I apologize for the inconvenience, but it is extremely important to Cryptozoic to deliver the highest quality products to our fans.

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flag City Collectibles:
Message from Cryptozoic:

To all;

Due to a production error in creating the
Wardrobe card for the Walking Dead 2 Binders, we will experience a short delay. I am waiting for a confirmed delivery date and will update everyone as soon as I can. I apologize for the inconvenience, but it is extremely important to Cryptozoic to deliver the highest quality products to our fans.

Back at the end of October, in this thread. we were discussing the schedule for Big Bang, Walking Dead and Batman all coming out by CZE in December. It made no sense to put all three out in competion at the same time, and in the holiday season, even if it could be done.

Now it seems that both the Big Bang and Walking Dead binders have been delayed for various reasons. I don't know about Batman.

Is it not better not to commit to a release date, than continually annouce release dates that are missed? Just asking. Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does this mean the whole set has been delayed (so not 11 Dec) or just the binders?

Posts: 128 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Sorry if I confused things. BBT is delayed according to the other thread, WD binders are also apparently delayed. WD Season 2 set still seems to be on track, I misread the post there. Roll Eyes

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
How long of a delay are we talking about?

I was hoping to save a few bucks and have all my Marvel Bronze Age and The Walking Dead season 2 boxes and albums shipped together. I hope I can still get them before Christmas.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow601:
Does this mean the whole set has been delayed (so not 11 Dec) or just the binders?

Some already have their boxes/cases in-hand and my box order through their site shows a shipping label printed. So looks like just binders.

Posts: 14 | Location: Indiana, USA | Registered: April 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great. I think I didn't get my binder until weeks after the boxes for the season 1 release, so that's cool.

Posts: 128 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Will there be any other retailers carrying these besides Walmart and Target? Does anybody have any tips on scoring some? I would like to get some for myself and 2 cousins who love the series.I can't afford the ebay prices.I checked with the stores and they said a distributor shows up but they do not know when. It would be a bummer to not get any.Thanks for any help,I am new here.

Posts: 4 | Location: PA | Registered: December 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I think your best option is simply to stop in your local Wal-Mart or Target each day next week and see if they are on the shelves. My Target usually gets new cards on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dough boy
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know what the difference is? Does the Retail packs contain the same items/ratios? Do they contain different inserts?

Posts: 88 | Location: Kansas City | Registered: August 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doc Floyd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dough boy:
Does anyone know what the difference is? Does the Retail packs contain the same items/ratios? Do they contain different inserts?

From everything I have read so far, the retail packs will have everything the hobby packs do, except the insert ratios won't be as good.

Some of that may have to be a wait and see kind of thing, as I have not heard anything official.

Posts: 147 | Location: NC | Registered: October 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Batman! I am also wondering the difference between the retail/hobby packs and where to get which.I assume the Targets are retail? Where would you get the hobby packs?

Posts: 4 | Location: PA | Registered: December 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
I don't think that sketches or redemptions are available in retail. Hobby packs would be available as boxes online or at comic and
some sport card shops

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post