Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Walking Dead Season 2 Trading Cards from Cryptozoic
Page 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Walking Dead Season 2 Trading Cards from Cryptozoic
 Login/Join

Picture of dough boy
posted Hide Post
So I opened box #3 and was please to get a Lincoln Autograph. But really what perplexed me about this box is the "mystery card" that I got. I opened a pack and this was all that was in it...it is almost like I got a lump of coal in my stocking. Confused

There was nothing else, and you can see by the pictures below the "card stock" doesn't match any of the cards for this series. At first I thought it might be a test print card but that cannot be the case. So I am going to guess this is either a vary rare pack inserted chase card, or it is a "golden ticket" card and I can redeem it for a lifetime supply of master sets from Cryptozoic... Dance

I just wonder how it got into production...and past quality control.

Side View

Front?

Back?

Posts: 88 | Location: Kansas City | Registered: August 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like what companies put into retail packs to protect against "pack searchers."

Posts: 14 | Location: Indiana, USA | Registered: April 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Yeah, its a place holder designed to disguise which packs have inserts when the hits are obvious enough to be fingered, but I don't get it. It sounds like its the only thing in the pack and that wouldn't be the case even in products where they are being used. You still get the base cards. This is just an empty pack. I think a call to customer service is in order, unless there's something going on that I don't know about.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dough boy
posted Hide Post
I sent them an e-mail to ask about it. I was wondering why most of the wardrobes that I had opened had the wardrobe (with cutout) face up 1st card in the pack. I can feel the pack and immediately tell which one is the wardrobe. Since it came with an extra card you would figure the extra card would have been on top.

But I am at a loss of words for this "empty" pack.

I only wish the card had some sort of marking on it to "prove" it was pack pulled...

Posts: 88 | Location: Kansas City | Registered: August 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dough boy
posted Hide Post
Cryptozoic got back with me:

quote:
The blank card is used as a separation device during production.

They said I could mail it back and they will mail me a replacement pack...but I think I will hold onto it as a "special chase insert". Smile

Picture of Salama
posted Hide Post
I´m still waiting on my boxes, lets see if I can get them here before christmas, there´s a record rush over here. I also ordered a couple more boxes, and I´m waiting on a really cool sketch card from a NSU member after a trade, will post a pic of that one too in my box breaks.

Posts: 188 | Location: Finland | Registered: November 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
I have purchased a case and open it.

Now I will have 9 boxes but not sure if I will open them or sell them in order to pick up the cards I need to finish my set, any trough to help me taking the right direction?

On one side, I would like to open the boxes for the fun of it and on the other I am scare that this set will cost me a lot more if I don't find the rest of cards in the 9 boxes Confused

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So you ordered a case and opened 3 boxes out of the 12? Or you have an additional 9 boxes not from that case?

Posts: 109 | Location: Ormond Beach, FL | Registered: June 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
Anyone have word on when Binders will ship? I see other dealers saying release date is 12/28/12. Is that correct?

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NonSportCardGuy26:
So you ordered a case and opened 3 boxes out of the 12? Or you have an additional 9 boxes not from that case?

I think he means he has opened 3 boxes from the case and now has x amount of the set. At this point is it wise to open another box or should he sell the 9 boxes and buy the things missing from his set.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well if that is the case Wolfie, I would say if he pulled a sketch or redemption already, it would not be right to sell the other 9 boxes unless it was stated that it was pulled to the buyers. If he hasn't pulled a sketch or redemption, then no harm selling the other 9

Posts: 109 | Location: Ormond Beach, FL | Registered: June 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of dough boy
posted Hide Post
I don't know. There is no "guarantee" that you get a sketch per case, and there is also no guarantee that you don't get more than one sketch per case.

I would say it boils down to what is missing (compared to asking prices) compared to box prices. For instance if a $40 auto is missing, but you can sell a box for $100, it would seem to be a better deal to sell the box and buy the auto...

Picture of Salama
posted Hide Post
He(Archifou) has a case break in box breakings, so what he means is that he has 9 boxes coming in. I would say open them, if he gets doubles he can sell them.

Posts: 188 | Location: Finland | Registered: November 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
If he hasn't pulled a sketch or redemption, then no harm selling the other 9

As a box buyer off eBay at times I worry about cherry picked cases. Glad to see someone is in favor of a full disclosier!

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Salama:
He(Archifou) has a case break in box breakings, so what he means is that he has 9 boxes coming in. I would say open them, if he gets doubles he can sell them.

Ah yes i think you are correct, however i would say sell the boxes and do not open them.

Intresting problem. Smile

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
If the goal is to complete the set selling the boxes and buying what you need would be the best way to go. You'll have money left over unless you plan on buying the redemptions too.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all your comments, much appreciated.

I already open my sealed case.

Actually this is my second order for the 9 boxes that come from 2 different places.

I will still think about it. I also have some for trade on the trade list.

I really love opened this product :P

This message has been edited. Last edited by: archifou,

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Help! I considering buying a box off eBay after opening 2 lack-luster boxes of my own (@ regular price) Am I being foolish considering the value of the cards inside? I'm considering this to sell but to reduce the number of cards I'll have to buy.

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The auction is over, so I hope this is ok to list.
What do you make of it?
The seller has other cast members also.
Are they legit cards?

Check out item #321035439347 you know where.

Posts: 82 | Location: NJ | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dobo98985:
The auction is over, so I hope this is ok to list.
What do you make of it?
The seller has other cast members also.
Are they legit cards?

Check out item #321035439347 you know where.

It's pretty clear those are preprinted autos. The auction says so. It does appear to be a copy of an authentic auto though

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post