Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Walking Dead Season 2 Trading Cards from Cryptozoic
Page 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Walking Dead Season 2 Trading Cards from Cryptozoic
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
The purchase took place on Dec 14th.
The seller kept saying the binders were delayed.
He did offer several times to cancel the transaction if I wanted.
Since the transaction went over the 30 days suggested by Ebay, it really could have gotten him in trouble any way.
Then, dealers on the west coast received theirs before my seller (on the east coast).
Next Cryptozoic sells them on their site before my seller gets his in.
I ask if we can cancel and he says ok or is willing to match price.
Might be shaddy in your eyes, but not mine.
What IS shaddy is Cryptozoic selling binders to the general public for less than what their dealers are selling them for and before they deliver them to their dealers.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dobo98985,

Posts: 82 | Location: NJ | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dough boy
posted Hide Post
I am guessing CZ is selling the binders for the suggested retail price. Because the binders were so hot in season 1 I think a lot of dealers increased the asking price in anticipation...

It is just like CZ selling a box of WDS2 for the $80 suggested retail on their site, when it costs $125+ on feeBay.

Posts: 88 | Location: Kansas City | Registered: August 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Well, as a dealer that was HEAVILY allocated, the fact that CZE has ANY to sell on their site does not set well with me. That's all I'll say on the matter.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
What a tool! Again don't pre-buy something if you don't want to and learn the rules of ebay first before you starting quoting nonsense

quote:
Originally posted by dobo98985:
Since the transaction went over the 30 days suggested by Ebay, it really could have gotten him in trouble any way.
Then, dealers on the west coast received theirs before my seller (on the east coast).
What IS shaddy is Cryptozoic selling binders to the general public for less than what their dealers are selling them for and before they deliver them to their dealers.

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Screw you Flag City.
Why don't you keep you high and mighty BS to yourself idiot.

Posts: 82 | Location: NJ | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flag City Collectibles:
What a tool! Again don't pre-buy something if you don't want to and learn the rules of ebay first before you starting quoting nonsense

quote:

I had two people who pre-bought from me cancel because of the delays and selling of the binders directly on Cryptozoic site.
They were Daniel Cunningham- ebay id kappys01 and Joshua Rathel- ebay id galacticmarine27.

I refunded their money as the wait WAS too long and I am an honest dealer.

I should have called them tools and told them to learn the meaning of pre-sale and made them buy the items.

Oh well- I will remember that for next time.

Posts: 67 | Location: NC | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also got an e-mail from Kurt Nelson- Sales Manager from Cryptozoic- seems he was let go as Cryptozoic needs to "make some cuts" whatever that means.
Delays in product- mysterious allocations- quality issues- might be growing pains or are there serious issues in house?

Posts: 67 | Location: NC | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Per Ebay Flag City--30 days cut and dry or seller subject to actions which might include suspension of selling privileges.

Presale listings policy

Policy overview
Presale listings generally consist of items that are sold before they're available to the public, such as video games, tickets, and custom-made items. (For the rules on magazine subscriptions and certain promotional items and events, see Additional information.) Often the items aren't in the seller's control or possession when they're listed.

If you want to sell presale items, be sure to meet all of the following criteria:

Guarantee that the item will be available for shipping within 30 days from the purchase date. Be sure to clearly state this information in your listing.

Clearly indicate in the listing that the item is a presale item.

The handling time specified in your listing should reflect the time from the end of the listing until the item is shipped to the buyer—not the time the item is in your possession. Be sure to specify the correct handling time in your listing.

In the listing form, you need to use the default font size of 3 so people can easily see these sale terms.

Make sure your listing follows these guidelines. If it doesn't, it may be removed, and you may be subject to a range of other actions, including limits of your buying and selling privileges and suspension of your account.

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Dobo98985 and Flag City Collectibles:

Let's not make this personal, please. And watch your language as well...I got an alert from a fellow member about your posts.

Thank you.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by cubby5454:
I also got an e-mail from Kurt Nelson- Sales Manager from Cryptozoic- seems he was let go as Cryptozoic needs to "make some cuts" whatever that means.
QUOTE]

That's a shame. I liked Kurt. He was a super nice guy when I met him at Philly in October 2011.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
That's a shame. I liked Kurt. He was a super nice guy when I met him at Philly in October 2011.

barobehere- I was really upset when I heard. That is why I lifted my self imposed ban on posting on Card Talk- long story of many past bad experiences on the forum.
I was hoping someone else would mention it, but I didn't see anything so I had to speak up.
Kurt will be missed by many.
Mike.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
Moving on...the binder is no longer for sale on their webstore.

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It really is in poor taste to discuss an individual's firing in a public forum, especially when no one knows what happened, or why.

I personally had some cancellations on the binder issue. Thankfully most of my customers were very very patient in regards to this. I will hope for future releases though (cough cough, hint hint Vamp.Diaries) that Cryptozoic will at least wait until everyone receives their binders before having them available in their e-store. That would help us little guys tremendously in regards to customer service problems.

One last thing. I've always been a big supporter of Crypto. I personally think they're the best company doing cards. That's not a slam against other companies like Ritten. But I think Ritten's business model of: 18 case incentives, etc, is only good for the very very few (one whom I've met recently, and could be reading this). Whereas Cryptozoic's model for selling is healthier for all.

Posts: 90 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Cujobyte. I fail to see where anything was said in poor taste. One person mentioned someone was downsized and I said I liked him.

We should not care for people we like and are concerned for? I think not.

Now back to Walking Dead 2 talk.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
It really is in poor taste to discuss an individual's firing in a public forum, especially when no one knows what happened, or why.

I didn't think it was in poor taste.
He e-mailed me and hundreds of other people telling us.
I guess I should have kept it to myself and continued my ban on posting on this board.
Thank you cujobyte for reminding me why I left in the first place.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cubby5454:
quote:
Originally posted by Flag City Collectibles:

quote:

I had two people who pre-bought from me cancel because of the delays and selling of the binders directly on Cryptozoic site.
They were Daniel Cunningham- ebay id kappys01 and Joshua Rathel- ebay id galacticmarine27.

I refunded their money as the wait WAS too long and I am an honest dealer.

I should have called them tools and told them to learn the meaning of pre-sale and made them buy the items.

Oh well- I will remember that for next time.

Thanks for the tip

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
Well, as a dealer that was HEAVILY allocated, the fact that CZE has ANY to sell on their site does not set well with me. That's all I'll say on the matter.

Ed

I agree Ed.

And to make matters worse for me, is that for a week of being in contact with my source. My allocated order is lost. No location in their business is showing any in stock. So it looks like two dealers are out of splitting a case of albums. This is the third time in a row with TWD products, not counting the SDCC albums, which apparently were sold at retail, when being implied they they were under retail.

I don't know if my source and/or CZE is to blame, but I'm starting to think it's time to move on from both of them.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Not being a dealer, and not being someone who buys cases of products, I can see both sides of the issue. There are pros and cons and consequences for everything a card manufacturer does and without being in support or against Crypto, here are a few points to ponder.

I have always thought that a manufacturer selling directly to the public from its own website was a conflict of interest and hurt its dealer network in the long run. The only two good reasons for it would be if there really wasn't much of a dealer network to begin with and this was the best distribution system that a smaller manufacturer might have. Or if it were products of a certain age that were just sitting there. Then have a fire sale if that's the only way to empty inventory and dealers should do the same.

Having said that, Crypto was started with a motto to make cards for card collectors. Toward that end its gotten some really popular licenses and has done some very diserable limited releases. Dealers have greatly benefitted by finally having products that they could actually sell for higher than the SRP. Something that was usually not possible for most products in prior years.

Now on the flip side of that is the heavy allocation of these greatly in demand products. If a dealer can't get enough product in, what kind of profit can he/she really make? Yet wasn't it the dealers and high end collectors who were calling for just such products to be made? Didn't they want limited, premium cards that would appreciate in value on the secondary market? Yes, they did. Big Grin

And average collectors wanted it too, until they realized that the $80 box went to a $120 box unless you had ordered on pre-sale. Wink

And finally, deadlines mean something or they wouldn't be called deadlines. Sometimes unforeseen things happen, but it should be because of a specific reason, not because of a domino effect. One delayed release should not mean that all subsequent releases are delayed for the foreseeable future. Just move that late product to the back of the line and continue on with the schedule. Both dealers and collectors have to have confidence in a release date for cards and anything else associated with it, especially if so much is being sold in pre-sale.

Those are my thoughts with malice to none. Smile

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
I for one, did not ask for such things to take place in the hobby. And I see complaints in other threads that we're loosing collectors. What are all these dealers going to do with base cards and over priced sketch cards? Comic market was flooded in the early 90's. The card market was flooded in the late 90's. Did no one learn from that?

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tattoox:
I for one, did not ask for such things to take place in the hobby. And I see complaints in other threads that we're loosing collectors. What are all these dealers going to do with base cards and over priced sketch cards? Comic market was flooded in the early 90's. The card market was flooded in the late 90's. Did no one learn from that?

I hear you, and they didn't. He who fails to learn from history is doomed to repeat it, as someone who I forget once said.

Many of today's card collectors and dealers may not have been active in the 90s. I remember it well, it's the reason I turned to the saner non-sport card market. But yeah, I agree with you.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post