Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Walking Dead Season 2 Trading Cards from Cryptozoic
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Walking Dead Season 2 Trading Cards from Cryptozoic
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Bartowski:
Someone brought up the A3/A4 that was missing from the Season 1 set. It was my understanding that those autos would be released in the Season 2 set. There might be a mixture of vertical and horizontal which I wouldn't care for.

I'd rather have a mixed set than never getting them at all. It'll be interesting if all the first time signers (DeMunn, Wilson) have two versions (vertical and horizontal) while repeat signers (Singleton) will just have the vertical.

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of SHouseman
posted Hide Post
Update from Cryptozoic's website:

Release Date: Fall 2012
Packs: 5 Cards Per Pack
MSRP: $3.50
Base Set: Features episodic images from Season Two
Chase Sets: Walker Shadow Box cards (1:12 packs), Character Bios (1:12 packs), and Foil Puzzle (1:12 packs)
Inserts: Autograph cards (1:24 packs), Wardrobe cards (1:12 packs), and Sketch cards (1:288 packs)
Confirmed Autographs: Jeffrey DeMunn, Scott Wilson, and IronE Singleton

So, 1 auto, 2 wardrobes per box. One sketch card per case. Same ratios as Season 1.

Posts: 1186 | Location: USA | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doc Floyd
posted Hide Post
I like the looks of the new autos, but I don't care to see any repeat signers. There were only 8 characters in the season 1 release, and 2 of each as it was.

Hoping they only do one of each this time around.

The main thing that is bugging me is I have the funds set aside to buy at least 1 case, and that may end up costing me dearly as the speculators may sit on a lot of what gets produced.

Posts: 147 | Location: NC | Registered: October 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doc Floyd:
I like the looks of the new autos, but I don't care to see any repeat signers. There were only 8 characters in the season 1 release, and 2 of each as it was.

The main thing that is bugging me is I have the funds set aside to buy at least 1 case, and that may end up costing me dearly as the speculators may sit on a lot of what gets produced.

Speculators? No, they're called flippers. They screw the collector over so they can make a buck. They don't care about the hobby, only about themselves. That's my rant for the day, week, month, year; past, present, and future. Wink

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Yup, I do nothing but screw over collectors. Roll Eyes

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by igman7:
Yup, I do nothing but screw over collectors. Roll Eyes

I've never known you to sit on product in hopes the price will rise before selling. You do that? Shake Head

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Cases and boxes usually do not last that long around me. Wink

Even if I did, it would be smart business...you know that whole "buy low, sell high" part of capitalism. Would you rather that I, as a dealer, did nothing but lose money? Twak

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by igman7:
Cases and boxes usually do not last that long around me. Wink

Even if I did, it would be smart business...you know that whole "buy low, sell high" part of capitalism. Would you rather that I, as a dealer, did nothing but lose money? Twak

You're a dealer, not a flipper. There's a difference.

This sort of thing is more evident in the statue/bust market. An exclusive or other low production item comes out. True collectors want it. Flippers will put orders for many before the collectors get a chance. Then slap them on ebay for a substantial mark up. And yet, all the time acting like they're collectors as well.

Pretty much everyone flips at one time or another. The flippers/speculators that purposely buy up and sit on product, while pretending to be a collector are the problem in the hobbies and ones I don't care for.

Picture of Doc Floyd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tattoox:
quote:

Speculators? No, they're called flippers. They screw the collector over so they can make a buck. They don't care about the hobby, only about themselves. That's my rant for the day, week, month, year; past, present, and future. Wink

Well, call them whatever you would like. Could also be called scalpers, hear that a lot in the world of action-figures, and die-cast. Was just trying to not sound too bitter.

I don't like it one bit either, but there is little we can do about it. There are always the folks out there who are willing to pay the inflated prices.

The early bird does indeed get the worm, except the way the cases are most likely going to be allocated, a time machine may be needed.

Posts: 147 | Location: NC | Registered: October 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Tattoox:
quote:

Well, call them whatever you would like. Could also be called scalpers, hear that a lot in the world of action-figures, and die-cast. Was just trying to not sound too bitter.

I don't like it one bit either, but there is little we can do about it. There are always the folks out there who are willing to pay the inflated prices.

The early bird does indeed get the worm, except the way the cases are most likely going to be allocated, a time machine may be needed.

Early bird has nothing to do with it. I know people that pre-ordered the first day offered and were allocated to zero. I myself pre-ordered TWD comic albums on the first day and didn't get a single one. Unless the early bird scenario works for distributors, because it doesn't work for dealers.

Picture of Doc Floyd
posted Hide Post
From what I understand, Cryptozoic was only allowing those who ordered the Season 1 TV series first dibs on the comic series.

I feel your pain on the binder, I had to give 20 bucks more for mine than what I paid for the Season 1, which I got for the release price.

Picture of Salama
posted Hide Post
I like that they got Jeffrey Demunn (Dale) and Scott Wilson (Hershel)to sign, two great actors, I really want these in my collection.

The inserts look to be the same as in season1, 1 sketch per case, 2 wardrobe per box and 1 auto per box. So I guess the sketches are going to be quite expensive again if you want one.

Posts: 188 | Location: Finland | Registered: November 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
Kinda sad they changed the design for season 2 autos. The first season set of TWD was one of my favortie trading card sets of all time, wish the design continued. Still doesn't mean I won't want season two as I am a true TWD fan first and foremost!

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I never considered myself a flipper. I'll buy a case and sell dups to help finance the case price. I usually start bids at .99 and let the market dictate the value.

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Aren't the allocations for CZE determined by how much someone has purchased directly from them?

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Aren't the allocations for CZE determined by how much someone has purchased directly from them?

I don't think the allocation criteria has ever been defined.

You can't exactly have an iron clad rule when you have monster companies like Diamond that want more product.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
quote:

I don't think the allocation criteria has ever been defined.

You can't exactly have an iron clad rule when you have monster companies like Diamond that want more product.

Ed

The reason there are not many pre sales yet is because of the Comic Series. Crypto cut orders 75% and even the bigger companies had to cancel orders and it ticked a lot of people off. They do not want to sell until Cryptozoic tells them exactly how much they are getting. I am hoping to get a couple cases from my distributor but will not know for a couple weeks and it sucks waiting.

Posts: 38 | Location: Glenarm,IL | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wgf351
posted Hide Post
Honestly, unless Andrew Lincoln signs, I'm passing.

Card Crazy!

Posts: 111 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: January 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very much doubt Andrew Lincoln will sign. From the little I know of him, it's not his style to sign for a fee, though I could be wrong.

Posts: 235 | Location: UK | Registered: March 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I actually think that Andrew Lincoln will (did) sign. He said that the only reason he did not sign last year was because they approached him too late and filming had already started. He is keenly aware of the incredible popularity and huge fan-support of this series, so I think he probably signed to appease his fans.

Posts: 33 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post