Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Walking Dead Season 2 Trading Cards from Cryptozoic
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Walking Dead Season 2 Trading Cards from Cryptozoic
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
Announcement is up!

First up, The Walking Dead Season 2 Trading Cards. The follow-up to the popular first set of trading cards will be released on December 11th, just in time for the holiday season. Mark your calendars!

The second set of trading cards based on the hit AMC show features plenty of new autographs and wardrobe pieces to collect. This includes the autographs of Andrew Lincoln and Sarah Wayne Callies.

The Walking Dead Season 2 Trading Cards also include beautiful and very hard-to-find sketch cards that reflects a wide range of artistic talent. We're not exaggerating that these will be hard to find either. If you open one, then congratulations!

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Release date Decenber 11th! Smile Thumb Up

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Here's the news on the NSU blog, along with some exclusive images....

The Walking Dead Season Two Go Live On....

Posts: 12994 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of SHouseman
posted Hide Post
We should hopefully be seeing a lot more sketch images in the next week also!

Posts: 1186 | Location: USA | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dough boy
posted Hide Post
So the Holden autograph ratio is about 1:1.5 cases. So this means about 400 autographs correct? (7,404 boxes/12 per case = 617 cases / 1.5)

Then they have Season 1's autographs. But they state that if you wanted a specific one it means the ratio would be 1:3 cases. So by my math this would mean 200 Season 1, and 200 Season 2. Since Season 1 had 2 versions would this then mean:

Season 1 A3: 100
Season 1 A4: 100
Season 2 A13: 200

Does this make sense? Does anyone know what some of the numbers signed for other Season 1 participants was? If the addition of Season 1 makes her the hardest for Season 2, is it safe to assume most signed 100+ for Season 2?

Posts: 88 | Location: Kansas City | Registered: August 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
I would assume that there would be roughly 200ea of the two different season 1 autos and her season 2 ones would be a seperate issue.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dough boy
posted Hide Post
Hmmm...I don't see that. She (Miranda) clearly states that her auto is 1:1.5 cases (meaning if you wanted any one of the three). So that means there are 400 TOTAL of her autographs (between Season 1 and Season 2).

Posts: 88 | Location: Kansas City | Registered: August 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Yes, she does state that they are 1:1.5 cases with odds of getting either particular one 1:3 cases. In addition, she was directly addressing the bonus season 1 cards.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey guys,

Here are the Walking Dead sketches I created for this set. I hope you like them!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kyle Babbitt,

Posts: 10 | Location: Pleasanton, California | Registered: December 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Those are awesome, Kyle!!! Would love to find one of those.

ICv2 has a couple of scans up today with their story (art by Trev Murphy and Charles Hall): ICv2 - 'The Walking Dead' Season 2 Trading Cards

Posts: 12994 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of SHouseman
posted Hide Post
Beautiful cards! I really like the walker herd (5th row down, middle card) with it's highlights and shadows!

Posts: 1186 | Location: USA | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of SHouseman
posted Hide Post
Here's a few of my cards. This was the hardest yet most rewarding set I've worked on. I learned a lot doing this set. The first one is a self-portrait of me as a walker from the barn massacre scene!

A few of the scans have lines horizontally near the top, that's just the UltraPro 9-card sleeves I had them in, the line's not on the actual card.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SHouseman,

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
Excellent cards Kyle and Scott!!

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Salama
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting sketches here Kyle and Scott, I absolutely love those, great work guys! If I only could pull one!

Posts: 188 | Location: Finland | Registered: November 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
Anyone, including me, would be proud to have any one of those sketches in their collection. Nice work Scott & Kyle!! Man is it Dec. 11 yet?!

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of SHouseman
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the kind comments, everyone! Yeah, I bought a few boxes myself and can't wait to bust 'em! Come on December 11th!!!

posted Hide Post
Great sketches guys! Looks like I'll have to admire them from afar as I can only secure 2 boxes.

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Tirohn:
Great sketches guys! Looks like I'll have to admire them from afar as I can only secure 2 boxes.

Don't give up hope. I pulled a great sketch from season one, with only having two boxes.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of SHouseman
posted Hide Post
Here's a few more of my sketches, thanks for looking!

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of SHouseman
posted Hide Post
There are a lot of scans on this forum of various artists' sketch cards for the set (gathered from here, Facebook, Scoundrel, etc). It's a card-selling business website, so if this is improper, you can delete this post. Hopefully it's okay as it's a forum:

http://www.blowoutcards.com/fo...-fall-2012-a-64.html