Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Walking Dead Season 2 Trading Cards from Cryptozoic
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Walking Dead Season 2 Trading Cards from Cryptozoic
 Login/Join

Manufacturer
Picture of Scott Gaeta
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ts:
Scott, Any signers you can mention yet? Please tell me you might have Scott Wilson & Pruitt Taylor Vince?

I don't name names until the cards are in hand but I will say we have several new signers from season 2 and one or two from season one who didn't sign.

We'll confirm names once the cards are in hand.

Posts: 112 | Location: Irvine, CA.  | Registered: February 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of SHouseman
posted Hide Post
Cryptozoic has a preview of some of the sketches and costumes up:

http://www.cryptozoic.com/blog...ason-2-trading-cards

Posts: 1186 | Location: USA | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, sketches look great!

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
Those are some very very nice sketches.

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
WOW! Can't wait! I hope I pray they don't allocate it as much as the comic set! I need SEVERAL CASES OF THIS Big Grin

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Salama
posted Hide Post
Yes, those sketches seen on cryptozoics page are amazing. It would be really nice to get a case of this. I also wonder if Lincoln is signing.

Posts: 188 | Location: Finland | Registered: November 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Wow, if it hadn't said "sketch card" I would have thought the Charles Hall card was a photo! All the sketches look great.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Would love to be able to get a case but with allocations not sure if possible. Hopefully the problems with TWD S1 are behind them.

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do ordering for 2 shops, and supply a 3rd shop at times. Our allocations of the comic set were cut from 6 cases to 0 boxes.

Quite honestly things need to change in regards to these type of problems. I've sent both Scott and Kurt @ crypto emails in regards to my problems, yet the only answer I continue to get is "sorry, we are not adding new accounts."

I understand not allocating new guys to "hot" sets like this, but we also cancelled multiple cases of lesser popular sets, so perhaps they'll start to take notice once that happens enough. Perhaps not though.

Posts: 90 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
I haven't quite figured out CZE. And perhaps that's because CZE hasn't figured out CZE.

I ordered a box and an album of the WD Comic series; and only got a box, but ordered a half case or more of the SDCC album, and got all of them. Come to find out, they produced twice what was quoted at the time of ordering for the SDCC album.

I like their product, but don't like their production and promotion methods.

So I'm going to give them two more tries. The DC set looks good so far, the WDs2 not so good.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cujobyte:
I do ordering for 2 shops, and supply a 3rd shop at times. Our allocations of the comic set were cut from 6 cases to 0 boxes.

Quite honestly things need to change in regards to these type of problems. I've sent both Scott and Kurt @ crypto emails in regards to my problems, yet the only answer I continue to get is "sorry, we are not adding new accounts."

I understand not allocating new guys to "hot" sets like this, but we also cancelled multiple cases of lesser popular sets, so perhaps they'll start to take notice once that happens enough. Perhaps not though.

To Scott's credit, he replied politely to my email, which is a lot more than most companies (if any) would do. They were nice enough to send me a list of distributors.

Posts: 90 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
quote:
The Walking Dead Trading Cards Season 2
Contents Summary:
• Base cards featuring episodic images from Season 2
• Chase sets featuring highlighted content
• Autographs from cast members
• Wardrobe cards from the show set

Key Selling Points:
• AMC’s critically acclaimed original series The Walking Dead is back with its much anticipated second season.
• Season 1 received a Golden Globe nomination for Best Television Series — Drama. This highly celebrated television series is one of the hottest licensed products available in the market today.
• Based on Robert Kirkman’s best-selling graphic novels, this property appeals to a varied audience.

Marketing Support:
• Promotion in the Season 2 Special Edition DVD Set
• Promotional card distributed through Non-Sport Update magazine
• Promotional support from AMC to reach viewers
• Marketing at San Diego Comic-Con

No mention of sketch cards... Interesting. Those really helped drive the first set.

But the most troubling statement is...
quote:
RELEASES: October 2012
NO ORDER DUE DATE: Allocations will be provided by August 31st

I wish we knew more about the print run. You KNOW everyone is going to want more than they got last set. I have one new customer who wants 10 cases. Eek Going to be hard to get enough to make everyone happy.

Ed

Pre-Order date is next week.

I'd sure like to know more about the ration of chase cards per pack?

Is it true that sketches are one per case?
And autographs and pieceworks are one per box?

What about other chase cards?

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of SHouseman
posted Hide Post
On Cryptozoic's website, they have scans of the Walking Dead 2 auto cards for Jeffrey DeMunn, Scott Wilson, and IronE Singleton! Dale and Herschel autos!!!

http://www.cryptozoic.com/trad...ading-cards-season-2

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SHouseman,

Posts: 1186 | Location: USA | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
The new autographs are not in the same style as the season 1 autos. This is going to drive some collectors crazy and it will make them harder to display together.

New ones are portrait orientation where the Season 1 autos were landscape.

Interesting choice...

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hollypop
posted Hide Post
*sighs* Why did I have to check out the site?? Shake Head

There's no mention of the ratio of chase cards, I'm not even sure what the chase cards are besides the autos, costume cards and oh yeah... the elusive sketch cards that I'll never be able to afford.

Ed, you're right. I do not like the looks of the auto cards. They look too much like the first nine cards from the base set of the season 1 cards. And for me, the best part of the season 1 cards was getting 2 costume cards along with 1 auto per box.

Now, I'm looking at paying more for less.. and also allocations? Why such a huge change from the first season? Because of demand? Okay, I get it. But the ratio of auto and costume cards should at least be the same as the season 1 cards. Even if I pull two Walker cards a box because they were pretty freakin' cool.

Partial rant over.

Uneasiness of the product far from.

Posts: 1458 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: May 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by hollypop:
the best part of the season 1 cards was getting 2 costume cards along with 1 auto per box.

Now, I'm looking at paying more for less.. and also allocations? Why such a huge change from the first season? Because of demand? Okay, I get it. But the ratio of auto and costume cards should at least be the same as the season 1 cards. Even if I pull two Walker cards a box because they were pretty freakin' cool.

QUOTE]
Where does it state only one costume card for season 2?

Posts: 47 | Location: indiana | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm not even attempting getting any of this product, but I like the vertically arranged autos much more than the horizontally arranged ones.

I love this show, but not enough to pay what most of the stuff goes for.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DewMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
The new autographs are not in the same style as the season 1 autos. This is going to drive some collectors crazy and it will make them harder to display together.

New ones are portrait orientation where the Season 1 autos were landscape.

Interesting choice...

Ed

I wonder if they are doing the same for Big Bang Theory Series 2 and that's what the image of the vertical design Penny auto on Series 1 sell sheets is from. I guess it's not all bad to have the main cast re-signers on a different design.

Posts: 712 | Location: Western US | Registered: August 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love this series though even with all the frustrations of season 1 and allocations I have to try. Nothing ventured nothing gained!

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Someone brought up the A3/A4 that was missing from the Season 1 set. It was my understanding that those autos would be released in the Season 2 set. There might be a mixture of vertical and horizontal which I wouldn't care for.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post