Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Axebone and Rhiannon Owens' LACE !
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Axebone and Rhiannon Owens' LACE !
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Hi everyone.

Yes, per the last post, the last projected release was the 1st of November and it came and went. Things on our end have no been the most favorable conditions to work under. Personally, I got food poisoning AGAIN and I am still battling a nasty sinus infection going on it's second week.

I promise no cards have been boogered to death.

That being said, there have been further complications but those are not for me to disclose. Yes, we're both fine physically ( cold aside ) and yes, we're still working to get these to everyone. The complications come from circumstances outside of Axe's and my control.

So, please know that we haven't forgotten you and that we are working to the best of our ability to get these to you. We don't want to rush to get them out the door. Nothing sucks worse than having to wait for something only to be disappointed in the quality. No, other set obligations are not what is pushing these back. We both cleared our schedules enough to accommodate this particular project. The intrusive obstacles are coming from real life outside of sketch cards.

I would love to give you a definite date and say "YES! These will be to you by THEN", but it seems everytime we want to do that, the universe goes " no, I think not"....

We've decided that since this keeps happening, the next release won't be sold until everything is DONE. We don't think it's fair to keep asking everyone to wait, but it is literally out of our control. I wish I could give you more details answers as to what exactly the delay is but it's not for me to discuss and honestly, we're not looking for any coddling or woo woo. We just wanted you guys to know we're working to get the sets and sketches to you.

We can't say thank you enough for your continued patience and faith in us.

<3
Rhi

Posts: 113 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: December 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Zero
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RhiburgerNoCheese:
So, please know that we haven't forgotten you and that we are working to the best of our ability to get these to you. We don't want to rush to get them out the door. Nothing sucks worse than having to wait for something only to be disappointed in the quality.

Thanks for the update Rhi. With two sets on order and four AP's (from another set) due from you both I can't agree more with the above! I don't know about anyone else but take as long as you both need. Smile

Oh, and get well soon!

Gavin.

Posts: 191 | Location: Cheshire, UK | Registered: January 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Chill and take your time - no rush we can wait Smile

Posts: 12157 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Just get on with it woman, it's not as if you've got 2 books to be released on top of everything else Wink You workaholic!!

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SO EXCITED to finally be able to give you guys and gals and update. OY!

Many of you have been patiently waiting, and Axe and I cannot thank you enough. To say the both of us have dealt with issues hitting more closely to home than ever is an understatement. Those of you who have patiently waited and those that have checked in on us to make sure we're okay; you guys are all amazing. Thank you so much for your understanding and your concern. More importantly, thank you for your patience.

That being said. These cards will be in hand VERY soon ( within the next couple of weeks ) AND I have the last batch of sketches to color sitting right in front of me. I am going to Casa de Axebone the weekend right after Valentine's Day to help sort and put together these sets so that they can hopefully be out the door by the end of Feb! YAY!

When we set out to do these projects we never anticipate the types of problems life throws at us. You guys and gals, who have been waiting since September for this release....You are all amazing. We can't say it enough.

Now, on top of this, Axebone and I have discussed moving forward with more projects along this exact format and we are already working on the follow up, "Leather". We also have at least two more theme's in mind for third and fourth installments. Harris mentioned this in a blog or two and we've discussed having "Leather" ready for the NSU show. Regardless of whether the whole new set - plus sketches - will be ready for the show, we are AT LEAST going to have a promo for it there. I will post more once we have some images to show.

Again, from both of us, thank you guys immensely for being so amazing.

Posts: 113 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: December 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Awesome! Thumb Up

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great news and thanks for the update Rhi!
Ed

Posts: 67 | Location: Catawissa, PA | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
That is GREAT news - looking forward to these Dance

Posts: 12157 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
This is a set I am also really looking forward to.

Posts: 2503 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You guys are amazing. In lieu of this set and others coming Axebone and I are printing a book of our Jam art. It's in full color and on Kickstarter.

I've posted a link in my Art seller thread thinger.

Smile

Picture of Zero
posted Hide Post
End of Feb - great news!

Posts: 191 | Location: Cheshire, UK | Registered: January 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Yep. I am going to Casa De Axebone right after Valentine's Day to help put all this together. We'll also be working on Bombshells at that time. I'll keep you guys updated.

Happy Saturday !

posted Hide Post
I hope it's okay to post this here, but, 3 more Lace sets are available vie the link in my artist sale thread.

There's only 1 per pledge but, if someone missed out, or wants another, there's your chance to snag it. Just thought I'd share.

posted Hide Post
The Lace base cards are IN HAND! YAY!

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Clap And 100 posts for you Thumb Up

posted Hide Post
Thank you, Hammer! I will be seeing Axe next week to help put sets and sketches together! YAY!

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
YAY Smile

posted Hide Post
We had another Lace set open up on the Kickstarter project. If anyone is interested, this is the only place to get it.

I know, I know. Tricky.

http://www.kickstarter.com/pro...two-artists-one-book

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Rhi, do you know when Lace set will start shipping? I cannot wait, thanks!

Posts: 2 | Location: VA | Registered: March 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
I haven't even paid yet!!!