Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Topps Vault Star Wars Bad Batch Ebay offer.

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/955604453/m/4737031696

May 04, 2021, 03:10 PM
mykdude
Topps Vault Star Wars Bad Batch Ebay offer.
Looks like a May 4th, Disney+ new show Star Wars promotion. 10 card set, looks pretty cool.

RQAAOSw0gJgfeT3" target="_blank">https://www.ebay.com/itm/35346...f:gRed FaceRQAAOSw0gJgfeT3

"Please be aware this listing will be live for 7 days starting on 5/4 (5/11 Last Day 12 EST) then will no longer be offered again. We will only print to the number sold on eBay. Cards will start shipping 7-10 days after the listing has ended."

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mykdude,

May 07, 2021, 07:01 AM
mykdude
I watched the first episode and thought it was really good.

I went through my usual exercise of checking out the voice talent (to see what autos I have or want) and was surprised to see that Dee Bradley Baker was the voice for all five of the defective clones. One of the shows writers mentioned how impressive it was to watch him flow through each voice without the requirement of doing each of them separately. In IMDB Dee is essentially listed as the cast.

Other notable card signers are Ming-Na Wen, Matthew Wood, Freddie Prinze Jr and Tom Kane.

May 07, 2021, 11:09 AM
wolfie
wow nearly 2000 sets sold already, not going to be exactly rare then. Big Grin

May 09, 2021, 02:06 AM
mykdude
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
wow nearly 2000 sets sold already, not going to be exactly rare then. Big Grin

Oh wolfie..."rare" is such a relative term. But yeah, don't think this one is gonna be a flippers paradise. Smokin'

May 09, 2021, 03:49 AM
wuher
Although they printed 9000+ star wars living cards of the child and they are changing hands @ $50 to $ 100

Traded with: RupT, Mar53, LUZNDAVE, Cardz_house , INDYPAT75, blwilson, KADRAN00157, Card Reaper, Tangent, Shaunicus, Ifish, wolfie, rwn410, Geoff bovey, WarriorBabe, womble
May 09, 2021, 10:20 AM
Raven
quote:
Originally posted by wuher:
Although they printed 9000+ star wars living cards of the child and they are changing hands @ $50 to $ 100

Yeah, that's the right term alright, "changing hands". More and more front line "card collectors" are doing less and less card collecting. Cards are worth the money you spent only so long as you keep moving them on. The Child and Bernie Sanders' Mittens are great buys, as long as you aren't holding them when they start going backwards.

They used to say a certain part of this hobby really fell under gambling, which is partially true. Now you could also say that a certain part of this hobby might fall under pyramid scheme and that wouldn't be far from partially true. Big Grin
May 10, 2021, 06:39 AM
mykdude
quote:
Originally posted by wuher:

Yeah, as a marketing tool Baby Yoda (yes, I know it's not Yoda) has become a gold mine. Difficult to tell if 9000+ is too much or not. The whole living set model and the bulk pricing that Topps encourages is creating a bit of a monster. There are production numbers but the number of actual buyers is much smaller.

May 10, 2021, 11:38 AM
wuher
Yeah, as a marketing tool Baby Yoda (yes, I know it's not Yoda) has become a gold mine. Difficult to tell if 9000+ is too much or not. The whole living set model and the bulk pricing that Topps encourages is creating a bit of a monster. There are production numbers but the number of actual buyers is much smaller.[/QUOTE]

I just wonder about the numbers as they are printed in 3 countries?

Traded with: RupT, Mar53, LUZNDAVE, Cardz_house , INDYPAT75, blwilson, KADRAN00157, Card Reaper, Tangent, Shaunicus, Ifish, wolfie, rwn410, Geoff bovey, WarriorBabe, womble
May 11, 2021, 02:14 PM
Bob Johnson
2504 sets sold.

It looks like most people only bought one set. The last 100 purchases show on 20 set purchase, a 7 set purchase, a few 5 set purchases, and some 2 set purchases.
May 15, 2021, 01:01 PM
mykdude
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Johnson:
2504 sets sold.

It looks like most people only bought one set. The last 100 purchases show on 20 set purchase, a 7 set purchase, a few 5 set purchases, and some 2 set purchases.

Certainly not rare but not a crazy overproduction either. I picked up a couple.

June 15, 2021, 03:57 PM
catskilleagle
I just watched the first couple of episodes and liked it. They did a good job intertwining the idea with the existing story of what happened in Episodes II and III. However, Disney had to find a way to have a kid tag along with the group and that doesn't make sense. Kids are going to want to watch it anyway.

quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
I watched the first episode and thought it was really good.

I went through my usual exercise of checking out the voice talent (to see what autos I have or want) and was surprised to see that Dee Bradley Baker was the voice for all five of the defective clones. One of the shows writers mentioned how impressive it was to watch him flow through each voice without the requirement of doing each of them separately. In IMDB Dee is essentially listed as the cast.

Other notable card signers are Ming-Na Wen, Matthew Wood, Freddie Prinze Jr and Tom Kane.