Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Iron Man 3 by U.D.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Iron Man 3 by U.D.
 Login/Join

Picture of piperh33
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dstrohmeng:
The collation isn't so great. I bought 5 packs and 3 had the exact same cards in the exact same order.

It's happens sometimes. It's only the chance.

Posts: 130 | Location: Bordeaux, France | Registered: December 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I wonder if UD will release 30 more cards representing the last third of the movie.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
I wonder if UD will release 30 more cards representing the last third of the movie.

Not unless they make a second set on the same movie, which won't happen.

Star Trek reboot, Wolverine, Avengers, Iron Man just to name a few, those sets are all incomplete. The studios seem to approve images only so far and don't allow the text to give away endings or even sufficiently describe the storyline leading up to the ending in some cases. It makes for disappointing cards, but I guess manufacturers have to play by the rules of the license holder.

I think the sketch card situation is just as bad, if not worse. Artists are limited to certain subjects and can't use actor likenesses or even draw any characters at all in some properties. Iron Man is a perfect example of that, you get a general version of Iron Man or a character from the comic. No sketch looks like it comes from the movie, the artists aren't permitted to use scenes or likenesses. Very boring, even for the better sketches. Frown

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Yes, I know a lot of collectors do not like the fact that sketches of the movie's characters or scenes are not allowed. On the other hand, I don't mind this at all. Most of the sketches I see from, for example, The Lord of the Rings cards and the Star Wars cards, are just that, portraits, which I have no interest in at all. I like sketches that are colorful or use imagination in other ways. That is one of the reasons I stopped collecting the Bettie Page sets too. How many different variations of her face do I find interesting? Very few, I'm afraid. But if other collectors like these, that's great. We all have different tastes, and at least sketch cards cover almost all of them. I also enjoy hunting through them on E-bay for that elusive sketch that I just MUST HAVE! Unfortunately, the cards are relisted so often that sometimes the search becomes just a tad frustrating. But again, on the other hand, sometimes relisted cards are reduced in price for a quicker sale and I snatch them up. So all is good in the long run.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
Is there someone who know where to get the retail packs contains the stickers from UD?

Thanks!

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by archifou:
Is there someone who know where to get the retail packs contains the stickers from UD?

Thanks!

I'm not sure if they have the stickers, but I have seen them at Toys R Us and London Drugs out here in BC.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
quote:
'm not sure if they have the stickers, but I have seen them at Toys R Us and London Drugs out here in BC.

Thanks Ryan!

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by archifou:

Thanks!

Yes! There are stickers in Retail. There are 2 stickers in JUMBO backs. These are the 30 card rack pack. There are 30 stickers total. I picked up a jumbo pack at Target the other day for 4.99 and got sticker 20 and 30 and 28 cards!

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
In Montreal I don't see them.

Any chance someone can help me having retail packs either from the US or from West coast of Canada?

UD told me that Toys R Us didn’t take much though so it’s still going to be pretty rare in Montreal area.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
quote:
have seen them at Toys R Us and London Drugs out here in BC

Upper Deck just informed me that they didn't send any jumbo packs here in Quebec due to the fact that it's required to be bilingual Frown

Anyone form the US or West Canada can help me?