Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Iron Man 3 by U.D.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Iron Man 3 by U.D.
 Login/Join

posted
CONTENT HIGHLIGHTS:
Collect the 60 card base set featuring first-look images of Iron Man 3! Four (4) base cards in each Hobby Pack! Collect the Palladium Poisoned foil parallel of the entire base set.

Collect actor autographs and pieces of memorabilia that came directly from costumes shown in the movie! Two (2) movie memorabilia cards per box!

Look for any one (1) of the following per hobby box: actor autograph, sketch card or on-card comic book artist or writer autographs.

Chase one-of-a-kind artist sketch cards from some of the greatest comic artists in the industry!

Look for randomly inserted Hall of Armor insert cards featuring the many suits of Iron Man!
Look for Authentic 1 of 1 press plate cards!

5 Cards per Pack
24 Packs per Box
12 Boxes per Case

Posts: 174 | Location: Liverpool | Registered: October 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice with 3 hits per box! I really liked this set when RA did it. Missed IM2 but am looking forward to this one.

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
From my newsletter...

quote:
60 Card Base Set
60 Card “Palladium Poisoned” Parallel (1:1 Pack)
“Iron Man 3 Insert Cards”
Hall of Armor insert set (1:36 Packs)
Heroic Threads Memorabilia Cards (1:12 Packs)
Comic Writer and Artist On Card Autographs (1:144 Packs) {2 Per Case}
Actor Autograph Cards (1:144 Packs) {2 Per Case}
Sketch Cards (1:36 Packs) {8 Per Case}

5 Cards per pack / 24 packs per box / 12 boxes per case

A Retail product has also been announced. It is gravity feed box with all of the same inserts mentioned EXCEPT there is a Retail Only “Tech Foil” parallel set. Expect the sketches, autographs, and costume cards to be very rare in retail. 5 cards per pack / 36 packs per box / 6 Gravity Feed Boxes per Case.

I foresee the retail parallel to be quite difficult to put together.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm really looking forward to this set.

Posts: 90 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by simpsonscardman:
CONTENT HIGHLIGHTS:
Collect the 60 card base set featuring first-look images of Iron Man 3! Four (4) base cards in each Hobby Pack! Collect the Palladium Poisoned foil parallel of the entire base set.

Collect actor autographs and pieces of memorabilia that came directly from costumes shown in the movie! Two (2) movie memorabilia cards per box!

Look for any one (1) of the following per hobby box: actor autograph, sketch card or on-card comic book artist or writer autographs.

Chase one-of-a-kind artist sketch cards from some of the greatest comic artists in the industry!

Look for randomly inserted Hall of Armor insert cards featuring the many suits of Iron Man!
Look for Authentic 1 of 1 press plate cards!

5 Cards per Pack
24 Packs per Box
12 Boxes per Case

auto list is weak so far.thats one in six boxes

Don Cheadle, William Sadler, Jon Favreau (1:144pks overall)

Comic Autographs (1:144)

Posts: 174 | Location: Liverpool | Registered: October 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
At this point I would expect this product to be very similar to UD's Iron Man 2. You are guaranteed the two costumes, but any actor autograph will not only be from a short list, you are more likely to get a sketch or writer/artist autograph in the box.

A big plus would be if Downey signs even short print autos, but he was not included in Iron Man 2. Also if the sketches were tied to the movie actors in some way, rather than just being Iron Man in various poses.

I bought boxes from RA's Iron Man, but the only thing I wanted from Iron Man 2 was the Cheadle autograph, which I bought separate. I think it may be the same thing this go round.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Also if the sketches were tied to the movie actors in some way, rather than just being Iron Man in various poses.

Artists have been strictly forbidden from doing any movie related sketches (likeness or even "scenes") on all of the movies, unfortunately this is unlikely to change.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by igman7:
quote:
Also if the sketches were tied to the movie actors in some way, rather than just being Iron Man in various poses.

Artists have been strictly forbidden from doing any movie related sketches (likeness or even "scenes") on all of the movies, unfortunately this is unlikely to change.

I just dont see the point of these kind of weak releases??

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by igman7:
quote:

Except for 2006 X-Men: The Last Stand...right?

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Phil, contact me as soon as you can on email - sales@umbrellatradingcards.co.uk.

Posts: 24 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: January 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
Some cards design:

Just love it!

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
I didn't know Rebecca Hall was in this movie, I wonder if they got her to sign (probably not). That dual costume card with her and Robert Downey Jr is really nice looking, though.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, Rebecca Hall is a signer, she also has an autograph costume card.

Posts: 109 | Location: Ormond Beach, FL | Registered: June 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of robomole
posted Hide Post
Cards look great... except for the autographs. Last couple of sets the stickers were stealthy and blended into the card quite well. This time it has the good ol' band-aid appearance. Hopefully they do a better design for Thor. Other than that those costumes looks gorgeous. Very attractive cards!

Posts: 209 | Location: El Cajon, California | Registered: October 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
I ordered 3 hobby boxes and will post my results soon, hopefully by Friday since I'm told they shipped today by Priority Mail.

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of ghostrider666
posted Hide Post
Whats the release date on the IM3 cards?

Posts: 1495 | Location: Hbg Pa USA | Registered: January 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
They are live now.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Batman has written a very interested piece on an Iron Man 3 Heroic Threads patch card which was recently auctioned on eBay. He found out some interesting stuff from Upper Deck.

Rare Patch Cards Appear in Upper Deck’s Iron Man 3 Trading Card Series

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Interesting insight into the Iron Man 3 release from Batman.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dstrohmeng
posted Hide Post
The collation isn't so great. I bought 5 packs and 3 had the exact same cards in the exact same order.

Posts: 380 | Location: Buffalo | Registered: February 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post