Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Chris Henderson on hiatus due to medical condition
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chris Henderson on hiatus due to medical condition
 Login/Join

posted
Chris has asked me to post this here and I hope it is OK with Harris and the powers-that-be. Several Sundays ago Chris woke up with no feeling in his left arm and slurred speech. He made the right call and went to the emergency room immediately. He had a mild stroke. He was in the hospital for days and has since been released to his home. He still has a little trouble talking and his left arm still needs to build up coordination, etc.... hence he is unable to create his sketch cards and other artwork probably for the next month or two while he regains his motor skills. So if you do not hear from him or see any new artwork on sets or on Ebay that is why. He is in good spirits and is determined to make a full recovery.

Posts: 377 | Location: Ohio | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Szym
posted Hide Post
Best wishes to Chris for a speedy recovery.

Posts: 878 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pjt
posted Hide Post
Get well soon Chris

Posts: 51 | Location: England | Registered: April 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
I pray for a full recovery very soon.

Posts: 2274 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of SHouseman
posted Hide Post
I really enjoy Chris's work as he concentrates on a lot of things I TRY to do as well as him: realistic portraits, using color and grays for depth and value, and subject matter. He has been one of the top artists for years in my book. I hope he has a speedy recovery and we see more work from him in the near future!

Posts: 1186 | Location: USA | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Best wishes to Chris for a fast and full recovery.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this, but my best wishes to Chris for a fast recovery. I have had the pleasure of getting a few sketch cards from him and several more by chance, so I'm a fan. I hope he gets back in action quickly. Smile

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
I hope Chris bounces back quickly!!

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Get well soon

Jim Kyle

Posts: 353 | Location: Jersey | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
Gosh, I wish Chris all the best for a speedy recovery. I've commissioned sketches in the past, really friendly man and great artist.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Chris, many prayers and good wishes to you and your family. Please recover soon, and healthy!
Be well,
Best,
Paul

Posts: 955 | Location: HICKORY HILLS IL | Registered: April 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Take care Chris and get sketching soon

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
Get well soon Chris.
Best from
Nik

Mars Attacks Uprising, Hobbit Battle of the 5 Armies, Star Wars Masterwork, Marvel Premier 2014, The Hobbit an Unexpected Journey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Mars Attacks Heritage, Marvel 70th Anniv', The Prisoner, Star Wars Galaxy 4, X-Men Archives, LOTR Masterpieces II, Vampirella, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Dr Who, Marilyn Monroe and CSI sketch card artist.

Posts: 518 | Location: London UK | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Hope he gets well soon. Sorry to hear about this. Tell him we all wish his a speedy recovery!

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
heres wishing all the best from the uk

Posts: 312 | Location: united kingdom | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Great that Chris got to the hospital quickly. The sooner the treatment, the better chance of a full recovery.
Wishing you all the best.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Get well soon Chris! This could happen to anyone of us at any time, very scary.

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Patdata
posted Hide Post
Hope you get well soon Chris...us artistic left-handers need to show all those righties how its done! Big Grin

Posts: 1098 | Location: Northern Ireland | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Terrible news, but I hope he has a speedy recovery. Wishing Chris all the best.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Soul-on-Fire
posted Hide Post
I love your sketches. Hope you get well soon Chris.

Posts: 608 | Location: Germany | Registered: October 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post