Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Heston signatures not real?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Heston signatures not real?
 Login/Join

Picture of watchers of watchers
posted
http://live.autographmagazine....l?xg_source=activity

Please read this blog it appears that most Charlton Heston sold signatures are not real! The Cards sold by topps from the movie seem to be ALL REAL Upperdeck and at least one Breygent card are secretarials! Folks this is a real bombshell in the autograph community!

Posts: 330 | Location: th,indiana,usa | Registered: June 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
Wow, that's bad news. Having read the entry http://www.zipper68.blogspot.com/ I have to say I think he is right. The signatures are different, and consistently so over time. PSA DNA... Opinions but with a sticker!

Posts: 884 | Location: UK | Registered: October 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Let's face it, unless you stand in front of the person and watch them sign your item at a show etc then you will never know 100% that the thing you have is genuine.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i have the auto cards in question. i also met charlton and his wife when she was in theater in the uk a long time ago and the auto`s are very simmilar to the originals i got in person.
i had a programe and a planet of apes card signed.

Posts: 312 | Location: united kingdom | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Autos through the mail should always be treated with some scepticism because, like wolfie says, unless you seem them do it you'll never know for sure.

As for trading cards... we have to put our faith in the hands of the manufacturer but we can get some peace of mind from knowing that if these celebrity's don't provide their authentic signatures they will be in breach of contract.

Based on the blog, all of Heston's POA cards from Topps seem legit so thankfully this is not much of a bombshell for the card collecting community.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Checked out my PLANET OF THE APES auto and it looks very close to the "in person" signature, so I guess it's real - I hope!

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
I have two signatures of Gene Roddenberry in my collection. One came with an avidavit from a guy and his lawyer (He worked at aa law firm) and one from someone who went to the same college as I (at the same time) who cliamed to ahve gotten it in person. Both were later determined to be fakes...well secreatial ssignautres. THe lawyer one cost me $$, the college one broke my heart as I had gotten attached to it. But, it's amazing the stories people will tell to confirm something's authenticity.

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post