Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Star Wars Force Awakens Complete Set ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars Force Awakens Complete Set ?
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
This set is supposedly a Topps.com exclusive coming in Sept

Is there any info on what it consists of ?

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
if memory serves...it's series 1 & 2 base sets...... ONLY

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
So are you saying it is simply the same base sets being sold by Topps ? Nothing new ? Cards are identical ?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
there may be an exclusive Medallion...but I remember it being just the Base sets.......saw it on another forum.

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Tommy,

Looks like there are 310 card with a new foil stamp on them, the same base sets from the 3 sets (including Journey to the Force Awakens)

Wonder if they are renumbered 1-310 ?

Sold as a set, NO chase cards

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
Just a simplified version of Series 1, 2 Journey 2 sets in a box with a $50 SRP.

http://www.beckett.com/news/20...awakens-factory-set/

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure who the target market is here.

With no exclusive card, I don't see many collectors shelling out for a set with a foil stamp.

These would have been better sold at retail.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Well TOPPS is trying to employ the same strategy it uses for sports cards on its non-sport licenses. This is wrong to me because, having been huge into sports cards at one time, the thinking of the two groups of card collectors is not the same at all. But hey, what do I know, I'm just the end buyer. Big Grin

Anyway for sports cards, at the end of the year, TOPPS used to always put out the factory set. If all you wanted was to collect the 700 or 800 cards that used to comprise a full baseball card season for example, just wait for the factory set and you would be way ahead of the game price wise. As sports cards lost collectors and ultra limited premium products became the norm, I think factory sets were cut out or only made for certain products.

It was just within the last year or two that I began to hear factory set used in connection to non-sport products. Maybe I don't get around enough, but prior to that the term thrown about was "premium box set" I believe, and it was mostly Breygent doing it with a couple of hits and inserts added. That was the release format, not an after season consolidated printing.

So here they have taken 3 sets of 110, 100 and 100 cards, added some foil and thrown them together in a box. Who wants it? People who like Star Wars but didn't bother to buy the original sets I guess. It does sound more like something to sell in Walmart than as a hobby product, but what makes you think they won't turn up as retail without the foil come the holidays? Just saying, this is TOPPS. Wink

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
is this available from Topps yet ? anyone know ?

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Seems to be available through the TOPPS website now. The release date was announced as yesterday.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Looks like the Topps store has a second version of this Complete set for sale, limited to 1000

Comes in a different box, and has a diff foil stamp on it, says TOPPS LIMITED SET as opposed to TOPPS COMPLETE SET

This version sells for $ 100