Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    CZE Autograph Policy Update - December 5, 2014
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZE Autograph Policy Update - December 5, 2014
 Login/Join

posted
Autograph Policy Update
By George Nadeau

Until a year ago, our policy was to announce autograph signers only after we had received their autographed cards. Because autograph cards are often the final component of a set to fall into place—and the set is released soon thereafter—collectors often lacked the desired information to make the best pre-ordering decisions. A year ago, we analyzed our data and determined that the number of instances of contracted autograph signers who failed to deliver cards was extremely small. Consequently,[URL="http://www.cryptozoic.com/blogs/autograph-policy-revisions"] we decided to publicize autograph rosters sooner[/URL], as soon as we had obtained participation agreements with talent.

Unfortunately, recent developments have prompted us to reconsider when we announce autograph signers. Several actors have declined to participate after making agreements to do so. While we have been careful to distinguish between talent under contract and talent from whom we have actually received cards, we are not comfortable with how frequently we have fallen short of the expectations we have created.

Consequently, we are reverting to our original policy. We will announce autograph signers only after we have received their autographed cards. Today we will update our product pages to reflect this change.

We understand this reversion means collectors will once again not acquire significant information about our trading card sets until much closer to their release dates. We will continue to strive to obtain the best available autograph signers for our products, and to release the most accurate information about them as soon as possible.

Autograph Policy Update | Cryptozoic Entertainment

Posts: 79 | Location: Cincinnati, OH | Registered: October 05, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am sure at least one of the big instances that caused this is Jared Padalecki as Sam Winchester & Jensen Ackles as Dean Winchester in the recent release of Supernatural Seasons 1-3 Trading Cards.

Posts: 79 | Location: Cincinnati, OH | Registered: October 05, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I for one prefer the old method -- then at least the collectors know autograph line up delays and changes are due to actors breaking contracts.

It is really sad that actors break contracts so frequently that Crypto has to change their policies. . . I understand why Crypto has to change the policy. . . back

Thanks for trying something different. . . bummer it didn't work out.

Jon

Posts: 5417 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
I am very surprised that Jared and Jensen would have agreed to sign and then pulled out. They were always such great signers with Inkworks. Perhaps they have just grown tired of it seeing as they've been with the show for 10 years now and the Inkworks sets were back in it's first 3 years.

It's a real shame that people can just refuse to fulfill a contract and clearly the penalty is not tough enough for them to stick to it.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post