Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Rittenhouse Innovative Trek Sets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rittenhouse Innovative Trek Sets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
Just noticed on the Rittenhouse site about NEW Trek set to be released next year;

Star Trek: The Original Series Heroes and Villains (02/27/2013)

It's great that to follow on previous sets they can still come up with NEW ideas for sets.

Star Trek Classic Movies Heroes & Villains Premium Packs Rittenhouse Archives - 2011. Shake Head

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
One could say they've done TOS to death.

Motion cards, sound cards, 200+ autograph cards, etc

What I'm curious to see if this is another Premium Pack "Heroes and Villains" or if it's a full release.

Ask Lynn, every Star Trek card is a mini masterpiece and must be collected.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5080 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ask Lynn, every Star Trek card is a mini masterpiece and must be collected.

Ed

I'm a massive Trek collector but we reached Trek overload some time ago. Sure mugs like me still collect Trek sets released by Rittenhouse but even die hard fans/collectors see sense sometimes. Frown

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
Must be? No, this is a hobby, not forced feedings. If there is no joy in something, then each must chose their own course.
Besides, it's TREK that's the mini-masterpiece Smile Cards are just mirrors of it's soul.

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is a nightmare for any Trek completelist!

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any word on signers??and if its a normal 24 pack box release??

I wasn't to keen on the premium pack release.the more packs to open the better Smile

Nothing new on the Rittenhouse website!! Frown

This message has been edited. Last edited by: simpsonscardman,

Posts: 174 | Location: Liverpool | Registered: October 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Every 2013 Star Trek: TOS Heroes and Villains box has both a standard Autograph and a Dual Autograph. Confirmed signers include William Shatner (Captain Kirk), Nichelle Nichols (Uhura), Walter Koenig (Chekov), Clint Howard (Balok) and Grace Lee Whitney (Janice Rand).

Six Bridge Crew Shadowbox cards showcase the main cast members with a distinct 3-D look. Based on one of the most popular episodes in the show's history, not to mention one of the most valuable inserts from the franchise's run with Fleer/SkyBox, are eight new Mirror, Mirror cards. Star Trek Tribute expands by another 18 cards, honoring the actors and actresses from the show who have passed away. Finally, the nine-card Epic Battles set spotlights the most epic conflicts.

Sold separately, a 2013 Rittenhouse Star Trek: TOS Heroes and Villains binder comes with an exclusive promo card.

Estimated Release Date: 2/27/13
Product Configuration: 24 cards per pack, 5 cards per pack
Price Point: Mid-End Entertainment Card
Target Audience: Star Trek Collectors, Set Builders, Autograph Collectors

2013 Rittenhouse Star Trek: TOS Heroes and Villains Box Break
1 Dual Autograph
1 Autograph
120 Total Cards

Theres a collins/shatner dual auto card! Big Grin

Posts: 174 | Location: Liverpool | Registered: October 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of madcollector
posted Hide Post
I had an entire set of the TOS cards, but the distorted images of the several most recently released sets bothered me so much that I sold all of those. Whoever did them has no clue how to properly edit images.

I won't be collecting these cards unless they adequately addressed the distortion problem.

Posts: 84 | Location: USA | Registered: September 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
quote:
I won't be collecting these cards unless they adequately addressed the distortion problem.

The last Remastered TOS set have been fixed with the distortion problem and will be fix again for the Heroes and Villains.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of madcollector
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by archifou:
quote:

The last Remastered TOS set have been fixed with the distortion problem and will be fix again for the Heroes and Villains.

Unfortunately, that is not entirely true. The Star Trek: The Remastered Original Series set had several distorted images. Admittedly, they were generally not as numerous as in the previous set. However, some clearly have distortion problems that are noticeable even before comparing them to the original images. For example, I would suggest you review A214 John Winston – red shirt version and DA01 Shatner/Luna dual autograph and compare them to the original photos that can be found on TrekCore and elsewhere.

Posts: 84 | Location: USA | Registered: September 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
quote:
or example, I would suggest you review A214 John Winston – red shirt version and DA01 Shatner/Luna dual autograph and compare them to the original photos that can be found on TrekCore and elsewhere.

Maybe for some of the autograph cards but for the base cards, promos, creatures and Tribute, all were not distort.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
The checklist is now up on the Rittenhouse site.

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post