Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Supernatural Seasons 4-6 by Cryptozoïc
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Supernatural Seasons 4-6 by Cryptozoïc
 Login/Join

Picture of piperh33
posted
Hello !

Somebody knows something about the future collection of "SUPERNATURAL", please ?

No news, no updates ? Frown

Thanks in advance. Smile

Posts: 130 | Location: Bordeaux, France | Registered: December 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Best I can tell you it was moved to January on my distributor's release calendar.

Cryptozoic is still getting autographs for the set, so we're definitely a ways off yet.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Probably means they've had some signers pull out on them again...

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravenheart:

It might mean that some signers will just be late in getting their cards back

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Still hoping they can get Genevieve Padalecki to sign.

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update Ed. I was wondering what was happening with this set.

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
quote:

It might mean that some signers will just be late in getting their cards back

Could be, but that's a given with them. To me, a delay of upwards of four months suggests more than that, especially as they apparently haven't had a single one back so far (they'd surely have posted scans like they are for every other set if they had).

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Could be, but that's a given with them. To me, a delay of upwards of four months suggests more than that, especially as they apparently haven't had a single one back so far (they'd surely have posted scans like they are for every other set if they had).

Well Outlander, Penny Dreadful, Ghostbusters and Arrow Season 2 were all originally scheduled for 2015 Q4 release, along with Supernatural Season 4 - 6.

Apart from the fact that it's pretty impossible to get 5 products out in a 3 month window, I don't know why any manufacturer would think it is a good idea to even try. Remembering that Q4 is the holiday season and disposable income becomes gifts, these products are effectively competing against each other for what's left of collector's money.

Even if you were so inclined, who is going to have enough cash to spread around to all of them? You are going to pick one, maybe two and that's it. And let's not forget about that Star Wars juggernaut that may just take all the oxygen out of the room. Big Grin

If Crypto is smart they will release Penny Dreadful and Arrow and hold all the rest for 2016. As for those Supernatural autographs, they need the Brothers without question. It doesn't matter who else signs, if they are both missing it would be a pointless set in MHO.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
If Crypto is smart they will release Penny Dreadful and Arrow and hold all the rest for 2016. As for those Supernatural autographs, they need the Brothers without question. It doesn't matter who else signs, if they are both missing it would be a pointless set in MHO.

Agreed, I'd stay away from releasing ANYTHING in December.

I disagree though on Supernatural. The brothers have signed twice on-card and once each on stickers. Plus the dual incentive. They don't bring that much money these days.

If they get Misha Collins to sign for 4-6 I'm sure that would get them through this set. He's the most requested autograph I hear about at shows.

But, down the road, the brothers do have to sign again. There's no one left that has the star power to carry a set.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Surprised we haven't seen any signers listed yet. I guess nobody is in a rush to send them back. Smile

ps-Still hoping for a Genevieve Padalecki signed "Ruby" card. Smile

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
An update at last Smile They've uploaded an image of the first signer:

EDIT: Four more

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rwn410,

Posts: 398 | Location: UK | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Well Rob Benedict and Emily Perkins are certainly excellent additions Big Grin

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Big update. Newly added:

Julie McNiven
Genevieve Padalecki
Brock Kelly
Julia Maxwell
Carrie Ann Fleming
Lanette Ware
Julian Richings

Couple of lovely signatures in there. Couple to be ashamed of. But nice to have so many new signers.

And I would hope that Genevieve Padalecki signing means Jared will as well. She's hardly going to sit there at home signing cards and let him get away with not doing it too Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ravenheart,

Picture of Curler
posted Hide Post
It's nice to see some autograph pictures released. I am looking forward to adding some of those autographs to my collection.

Posts: 381 | Location: Nova Scotia | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Those autograph card designs look very nice. Thumb Up

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Nice adds on the Genevieve Padalecki and Emily Perkins.

Btw....One thing with the show that pisses me off. They find out they have a half brother. He gets trapped in the pit and they don't ever try to help...let alone talk about him again. Whats up with that?

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Well he's ONLY a half-brother and if they run low on plot they can always suddenly become concerned. Big Grin

Picture of fuchaldream
posted Hide Post
Very excited to see a Julie McNiven Supernatural autograph. I might have to buy a couple of boxes. The set already looked good to me, but this is the icing on the cake for me.

Posts: 275 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
They've had another big update. Images of some of the insert sets as well as mock-ups for a couple of single and dual costume cards. Autographs:

Kim Johnston Ulrich as Doctor Eleanor Visyak
Lindsey McKeon as Tessa
Sebastian Roché as Balthazar
Mark Rolston as Alastair I
Mitch Pileggi as Samuel Campbell
Fredric Lehne as Azazel
Katherine Boecher as Lilith
Kurt Fuller as Zachariah

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rwn410,

Posts: 398 | Location: UK | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Very happy with Mark Rolston and Kurt Fuller.