Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    What are the details of DC Entertainment's deal with Cryptozoic?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What are the details of DC Entertainment's deal with Cryptozoic?
 Login/Join

posted
And shouldn't they rename themselves "Krypto-zoic" for the DC releases? =Wink

Trying to do research on the deal, coming up empty, but is this for everything as I see they have Smallville cards as well. So I assume they are the only current trading card licensee for DC characters in comics, collectable trading cards and live action/cartoon properties for the time being? And for how long?

Posts: 24 | Location: New York City | Registered: September 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Considering that DC had not given anyone a liscense for a few years, CZ is indeed the only one. I certainly would not expect to see any additional companies added to the list.

Why is it that you are doing this research?

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Working on an article on their upcoming Batman release for a Batman fan site.

Here's hoping they finally release a set for The Dark Knight/The Dark Knight Rises!

Posts: 24 | Location: New York City | Registered: September 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
I think the deal for Smallville and DC Comics are two separate deals.

I doubt you'll get too many details of their licensing arragements. That is not something the public is generally privy to.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Does this license extend to the movies too or just the comics? I would love a set for the Dark Knight trilogy. One of the biggest disappointments for me in non-sport collecting was that there was no card sets made for The Dark Knight or The Dark Knight Rises.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:

I doubt you'll get too many details of their licensing arragements. That is not something the public is generally privy to.

Ah well, I was really looking at it from the movies/tv angle as well. For example, I know Warners now has the rights to license out the 60s Batman show for merchandise. Love to get a set of that series, as well as the last two films of Nolan's trilogy.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SteveJRogers:
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:

Ah well, I was really looking at it from the movies/tv angle as well. For example, I know Warners now has the rights to license out the 60s Batman show for merchandise. Love to get a set of that series, as well as the last two films of Nolan's trilogy.

The films do not fall under the same umbrella as Warner's comics division (DC) in much the same way licensing Disney comics (Marvel) is not the same as licensing Disney films. Company's are not likely to release mass market sets on films that are already out, it would be a loser for them. Often every film has a production company that is separate from the studio and also handles licensing, in films you tend to find a large number of people with there hands out, and with a declining card market this is a good part of why so few films sets come out now at all.

My understanding of the 60'S show is that the licensing rights are a real mess with ownership disputed and split over a number of companies.

Posts: 884 | Location: UK | Registered: October 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post