Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
The Punisher (Upper Deck)

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/955604453/m/4567088196

October 27, 2019, 04:46 PM
Raven
The Punisher (Upper Deck)
Just spotted on another forum that Upper Deck will be issuing a set on Netflix's The Punisher, Season One.

Kind of scratching my head since Netflix recently announced the show is cancelled, having completed Season Two. So I would imagine that these cards, autos and sketches were acquired awhile ago, not ready for release, and now they either have to use them or eat them.

If they price it low I think the value will be good just from a content standpoint. If it comes out as a typical UD box, with the niche demand and now no future, they would be better off selling the hits and not bother trying to move it normally. I think the whole idea might be to just get it to ePacks and, in this case I would think that would be a better option, as they blew the chance to capitalize on this title while it was short-lived hot.
October 28, 2019, 05:53 AM
ravenheart
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
If they price it low

Sorry Wink
October 28, 2019, 10:19 AM
barobehere
Upper Deck may do what they did with Agent Carter and do a limited release.
October 28, 2019, 11:18 AM
ravenheart
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:

Wasn't that one done digitally where you then traded in your digital ones for real ones?
October 28, 2019, 11:58 AM
Raven
The process of buying ePacks has been explained in a couple of threads and its still confusing to a lot of people. There are physical cards in ePacks, usually 1 physical card to the 4 or 5 digital copies, but it must be mailed and shipping costs per card apply. There is a process for claiming your cards, storing your cards both physical and digital, shipping your physical cards, trading digital cards and collecting enough digital cards to turn them into a physical one. Is there any wonder why people who don't want to indoctrinate themselves into this world just say "forget about it". Big Grin

Anyway, having said that, they have already announced The Punisher box release, so this is not scheduled to be like another Agent Carter that went straight to ePacks only. The Punisher will of course wind up with an ePack release about 6 months after it comes out.
October 29, 2019, 11:00 AM
webjon
quote:
Originally posted by ravenheart:
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:

Wasn't that one done digitally where you then traded in your digital ones for real ones?

No, Agent Carter was a direct to ePack release, but all the cards are physical (which is unusual for ePack).

I liked the Punisher, but I haven't been impressed with the autograph design at all on the Marvel ePack releases. I have a Bernthal / Punisher autograph from Daredevil. His signature is really weak. I don't need another Bernthal auto.

Kind of doubt I'll chase this one.
October 29, 2019, 02:55 PM
Raven
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
I have a Bernthal / Punisher autograph from Daredevil. His signature is really weak. I don't need another Bernthal auto.

Yeah, him and Norman Redus were in competition for the worst Walking Dead autographs. I think Redus won. Big Grin

It's a shame when any of the top signatures in a set look like those two. You want the cards, you know they will cost in the higher range, and the autographs are just awful. Often I just can't bring myself to buy those sorts even when they come down. I pulled one Redus from a box, but don't have a Bernthal and probably won't either.
April 18, 2020, 05:30 AM
Scifi Cards
No checklist yet, which almost always means disappointing...

But this comes out Wednesday the 22nd.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal