Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Star Wars License Plates
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars License Plates
 Login/Join

posted
Did someone have a idea what is this product are or any sketch or autograph in it or is just gaming cards? Is schedule to come out in Octuber according to the release calendar.
Any information will help.

Posts: 90 | Location: california | Registered: June 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RedFive
posted Hide Post
They are from Topps. Here is a pdf file that was posted at starwarscards.net:
power plates

Posts: 440 | Location: USA | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of EriktheArchitect
posted Hide Post
Topps presents the Star Wars Power Plates, a brand-new way to collect your favorite Star Wars characters from the six film saga. There's 30 different Power Plates to collect and six of those are rare. Look for characters like Yoda, Darth Vadar, Luke Skywalker, Han Solo and more. Power Plates are magnetized and will stick to anything that's metal - lockers, bikes, refrigerators, and more. Start collecting and feel the power of the Force with Power Plates!

http://www.topps.com/entertain...ar-wars-power-plates

Limited info so far.

Posts: 1162 | Location: Just NW of Hazzard County Georgia USA | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Look what I found at Target today-- 1.99 a piece. Rare plates are 1:8--
Also Im hoping that they knocked the total down from 30 to 24 because thats all I got.. (the top 6 were the only ones I didnt get duplicates of so I am assuming they are rares..)--

and of course the wrappers say check the topps site for more info on a checklist-- and guess what no updates since June... Frown

Posts: 29 | Location: Shelbyville, KY | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DewMan
posted Hide Post
Those are kind of neat. Is that Wedge or Zev pictured on the "ROGUE2" plate? It looks like Wedge but Zev was Rogue 2 in the battle of Hoth.

Posts: 712 | Location: Western US | Registered: August 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Stewbacca it looks like there is 30, here are 4 I got that I don't see in your scan:

Collation is not too good, I have only 13 different out of 34 packs. No idea what are "rares". Still a fun set, I will be picking up some more. If anyone wants to trade, let me know, I think we will need each other's help with this one!

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
My top favorite plate is the "ITSATRAP" one.
It speaks for itself. LOL

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Here's two more. I think this now gives us thirty titles:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Batman,

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Hey Guys,

I totally goofed on Wedge that's my fault. It's totally obvious, but no one caught it. I maintain though that Nien Nunb flew as co-pilot to Lando and can be considered part of the Gold Leader call sign.

There are 30 in all. I am trying to find out what's up with the checklist online.

What did everyone think of the product?

Posts: 36 | Location: New York | Registered: July 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I liked this product, it was fun, the set size is reasonable, and I liked that it is something different. I think power plates would work well for other properties as well, like Wackys, or possibly the upcoming Batman movie. Thumb Up

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DewMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Waldeck:
Hey Guys,

I totally goofed on Wedge that's my fault. It's totally obvious, but no one caught it. I maintain though that Nien Nunb flew as co-pilot to Lando and can be considered part of the Gold Leader call sign.

Hi David. Need any Star Wars fact checkers there at Topps? I could use a cooler job. But eventually I'd let something slip through and some geek would call me out on it on a public non-sports card message board. ;-)

Posts: 712 | Location: Western US | Registered: August 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
Stewbacca it looks like there is 30, here are 4 I got that I don't see in your scan:

Collation is not too good, I have only 13 different out of 34 packs. No idea what are "rares". Still a fun set, I will be picking up some more. If anyone wants to trade, let me know, I think we will need each other's help with this one!
...... I agree about needing help to complete this set. I really like the looks of the plates but I have gotten way too many repeats out of the 30 packages I purchased. I am new to this site so would somebody let me know how we would go about trading duplicate cards with each other?

Posts: 1 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: October 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
Just wondering, where in Target are these plates located ??? With the (non-sport/sport) card section or in the toy isles ???

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
With the cards - Haris took me to a Target and we found a nearly empty box there (I bought the last one)
Au Res.,
Paul (Back in the UK)

http://www.cardcast.co.uk/
Twitter: @ukcardcast

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post