Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Outcast (Skybound/Sidekick Lab)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Outcast (Skybound/Sidekick Lab)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted
A set of Outcast trading cards was released at San Diego Comic-Con. It's a basic release with base cards, printing plates and not much else.

Here are all the details and a video box break:

http://www.beckett.com/news/20...-info-and-box-break/

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1176 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I like the look of the box and packs, they have a real retro look about them.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
I love the TV series. Fugit in the lead is doing Emmy-worthy work. I was really surprised to see these cards, as I'd heard nothing about them. I bought a box that I haven't opened yet and a couple of loose packs.

I don't know if the guys mentioned it in the youtube break, but there is a thin piece of blank cardboard in the back of each pack to prevent any of the Outcast cards themselves from getting any wax on them, which they would have, because the entire outer wrapper seems coated in wax. It's the best of both worlds: a very retro look and feel, but no cards damaged inside the packs and a modern day bell and whistle, a printing plate, to boot. The cards have a flat surface and would be ideal for autographs. The backs feature a photo-puzzle, the kind regularly seen on sets up until the early 1990's.

The packs are very waxy on the outside and I had them in a team bag with a few loose promos I'd picked up elsewhere. I was in the sun for a few hours yesterday and apparently they got so hot the wax from the outside of the packs transferred to the promos that were touching them. They looked just like the back card in a pack from the old days, stained by the hot wax used to seal the pack. I was able to wipe it off and save the promos, but it was some pretty cool nostalgia for a moment there.

Good stuff, Skybound and Sidekick. The 24 pack boxes are $100 and loose packs are $5. When I bought mine, I talked to who I think was the "main" guy and I thanked them for making these and asked him to keep the cards coming. Hopefully these will sell through, and that will make the decision easy.

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post