Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Cryptozoic Entertainment gets DC Comics License
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cryptozoic Entertainment gets DC Comics License
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
Today on the blog, we have a brief story about Cryptozoic Entertainment. Last week's news of Castle Trading Cards wasn't the only news for them. They have the DC Comics license too...

Cryptozoic Entertainment adds DC Comics Licence to its Roster

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
That's great! I can't wait to get some more new DC stuff. A new set of Marvel every month is getting very boring. Does this just go for DC Comic's or is this for Movie stuff DC does as well? Either way it's is good news.

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
About time. Been waiting for a good DC set since DC Legacy.

Can't wait to talk to the rep at the Philly show.

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Dance Elephant Bouncey

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Now if DC can actually let Cryptozoic manage the contents, and not try to control the creative process to death like they did with RA, DC fans might actually get a good set for a change.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cmcdjj37
posted Hide Post
I'm a Marvel fan first and foremost but I'm really looking forward to some new DC sets. So far I've enjoyed everything cryptozoic has put out, let's hope they can keep it going with any DC sets!

Posts: 209 | Location: Castle Rock, Colorado | Registered: July 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I just read an interesting article here:

http://geek-news.mtv.com/2012/...-card-game-licenses/

They say that Cryptozoic has acquired the license to "The Hobbit" movie series. I wonder if this means only card games (which I know nothing about) or a regular movie card set or both?

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Cline:
That's great! I can't wait to get some more new DC stuff. A new set of Marvel every month is getting very boring. Does this just go for DC Comic's or is this for Movie stuff DC does as well? Either way it's is good news.

I wish there was a new set of Marvel every month.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
I'm mostly a Marvel collector, but I do like an occasional DC set.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
I just read an interesting article here:

http://geek-news.mtv.com/2012/...-card-game-licenses/

They say that Cryptozoic has acquired the license to "The Hobbit" movie series. I wonder if this means only card games (which I know nothing about) or a regular movie card set or both?

The article appears to say that they are only doing card and board games for The Hobbit, but that may not be accurate.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
Cryptozoic said yesterday that all the base cards will feature original art.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryan Cracknell:

Nice! As much as I love the comic sets, it is annoying when the same images get used over and over.

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
From what some of the artists seem to be saying on Scoundrel, they still do not have blanks which will make for major rush jobs if the deadline is not pushed out. I really hope this is not the case, even though I am more of a Marvel guy, I would like to see a DC set done really well (not that RA couldn't have if DC would have left them alone).

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RAMolinelli
posted Hide Post
I really wish artists would stop airing their problems with a company in public forums.....before anyone has a stroke the deadline has been pushed back for those involved......no rushing so far for anyone......

Posts: 472 | Location: Outer Space | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryan Cracknell:

That's great news. Not much of a DC fan, but have many DC cards. So original art makes it a big plus for me. Maybe they can acquire the Marvel license someday.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update, Rich. Glad to see that the artists will be able to flex their artistic muscles as much as they want.