Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Marvel Rittenhouse
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marvel Rittenhouse
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted
I've just read that Rittenhouse Archives have lost their Marvel licence. Anyone here know if that just applies to the comic card side or does it include Agents of Shield?

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I have read that too, but it seems to be something leaked by individuals who claim to have some involvement. In other words, it's a rumor and for some reason I have not been able to get on RA's site tonight, although I had it this afternoon.

Anyway, my assumption would be that if the Marvel license did run off from RA, it would be for anything bearing the name. Would all of those various titles be picked up by someone else who may have an agreement, like UD for instance, would be another matter I would guess.

If any formal statement has been made I would like to know too.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Hmmm, still get no connection to RA home site, although everything else looks fine. Am I the only one having trouble, or is their website down?

Going back to Agents of Shield, there is no mention of another RA set for that on the latest NSU Dateline calendar. RA has its big titles of Bond (April), GoT (June) and Star Trek: TNG (July). After that only Buffy and NCIS are listed as TBA this year.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
RA site is back, must have been Ghosts in the Machine. Big Grin

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I hope not. Upper Deck has the movie license's and their autographs (while nice) are super limited. Even minor cast go for a lot of money.

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I heard from a reputable source a couple of weeks ago that Rittenhouse has indeed lost the Marvel license.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Hmmm, still get no connection to RA home site, although everything else looks fine. Am I the only one having trouble, or is their website down?

Going back to Agents of Shield, there is no mention of another RA set for that on the latest NSU Dateline calendar. RA has its big titles of Bond (April), GoT (June) and Star Trek: TNG (July). After that only Buffy and NCIS are listed as TBA this year.

Artists who have worked on Rittenhouse's Marvel sets have been sending scans in of their artist proofs for approval and Rittenhouse told them their Marvel license has expired and they can no longer submit images into Marvel for approvals. I believe it is legit.

Posts: 2274 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
I was able to confirm with Steve Charendoff today that RA and Marvel have parted ways (at least, for now): http://www.beckett.com/news/ri...rading-card-license/

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
If not the comic side, I hope some kind of deal can be struck for the TV side of the business. Agents of Shield was the first non-comics Rittenhouse set I'd collected in quite a while and was looking forward to subsequent seasons and hoping an Agent Carter set would appear. It's hard to think of any company coming close to the quality they've put out.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
I read the article and wish that it was not so but it is the case. Frown

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
I might be reading too much into Steve's comments, but...

It seems like this might be a case of "our plate is full with Trek this year. So why pay for a license you won't be using?"

It sounds very much like Steve would like to produce Marvel cards in the future.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
If not the comic side, I hope some kind of deal can be struck for the TV side of the business. Agents of Shield was the first non-comics Rittenhouse set I'd collected in quite a while and was looking forward to subsequent seasons and hoping an Agent Carter set would appear. It's hard to think of any company coming close to the quality they've put out.

Reading the beckett article it seems as if they have dropped Agents of shield as well

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Well there's your answer, at least for now.

I think RA figures that it shouldn't have to compete with UD for Marvel titles when it has other non-sport licenses, and that left without competition UD will shoot itself in the foot and RA can come back and pick up the pieces.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
If Marvel is gone, what does Rittenhouse have left besides Star Trek, Bond, and Game of Thrones ?

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
If Marvel is gone, what does Rittenhouse have left besides Star Trek, Bond, and Game of Thrones ?

WBA... Thumb Up

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Besides those, RA has only Buffy and NCIS listed, but Star Trek has about 7 sub-divisions all by itself.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
I'm Sure we will see New Products from RA soon....
I'd like "Planet of the Apes" they have 2 recent movies with a third on the way.....

Trek has plenty of goodies...the 50th promises to be a good Trek year......

New Movie & New Series....

nice to have a few Nimoy cards tucked away..... we got 2 new ones with the last release....

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, but what happens in 2017 when Star Trek is exhausted ?

I remember a time when RA had 10 sets or more out per year

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Yes, but what happens in 2017 when Star Trek is exhausted ?

I remember a time when RA had 10 sets or more out per year

I agree, they seem very thin on the ground release wise. Bond, Star Trek and GOT!!!!

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post