Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Preacher?
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Do they come in plastic cases like that or were they in wrappers?

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Great guests also mean lots of $ for signatures.
Wonder how many of these people will hold their value over time. Anyone remember Fred Allen, Jim Jordan-These were big stars in their day. Bet you would have a hard time selling their signatures because only select people remember them.
Look at the music 10 years ago and see how many stars even in the top ten are still in the business and have a signature that people are willing to spend $ for. Strike when they are most famous is the rule.
quote:
Originally posted by Kryten67:
if you got a set of the Cards......

Dominic Cooper will be in Philly this weekend @ Wizard World...along w/

& In Mid June at Comicpalooza Houston TX (Aliens Cast Reunion) for all your Autograph needs w/

among others........

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by FRANK AMICO:
Great guests also mean lots of $ for signatures.
Wonder how many of these people will hold their value over time. Anyone remember Fred Allen, Jim Jordan-These were big stars in their day. Bet you would have a hard time selling their signatures because only select people remember them.
Look at the music 10 years ago and see how many stars even in the top ten are still in the business and have a signature that people are willing to spend $ for. Strike when they are most famous is the rule. [QUOTE]

Except for Cooper, none of those people have anything to do with Preacher cards, so I don't know why we are even looking at them. Big Grin

As to the value of autographs, it's just like any other collectible, you either appreciate them and want them or you just see it as waste of money. I love certified autograph cards and I love in-person signings even more, but most people I talk to find my interest somewhere between amusing and stupid. Wink

Going to a show to get a signature is expense, but it is more than just the value of the autograph. It is also the experience of meeting someone that I would assume you enjoy or else you shouldn't be there in the first place. Collecting celebrity autographs just for the purpose of value is hardly a good investment. Sure, some will go up, but as you say, most people have no idea who was a great entertainer or who was important even a dozen years ago. Fame is fleeting. Frown

Posts: 10372 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
Do they come in plastic cases like that or were they in wrappers?

Yes, They came in the cases. GPK came in a Sleeve like bit of Mylar-like Stuff.

Raven, I added the other people because with the Aliens cards being out as well as the Latest Capt. America: Civil War (Hail Hydra) being popular right now.... some may well be Interested.

Norman Reedus is Just Norman Reedus...so He's there.... always popular.

with the cancellation of Agent Carter..... She's there. So there's that.

Fame being fleeting.... always.....

I did consider going but it's $300 just in Hotel & Travel..... much less a table fee...at the Last Minute.

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
Finally got my set yesterday, not sure why I got them a week after other people did. I loved the comic when it originally came out (still have all of my original issues), really enjoyed the show, and think the cards are pretty nice. I wish they were less expensive, but I will be buying the other 9 sets.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason00:
Finally got my set yesterday, not sure why I got them a week after other people did. I loved the comic when it originally came out (still have all of my original issues), really enjoyed the show, and think the cards are pretty nice. I wish they were less expensive, but I will be buying the other 9 sets.

Parcel Post bites! Chose Home Delivery. or you will get em a week late.

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post

Episode 2

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kryten67,

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kryten67:Parcel Post bites! Chose Home Delivery. or you will get em a week late.

Ah, is that why? Thanks for the heads up, I will do that for tomorrow's set.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
Parcel Post is Basically cheaper than Media mail...with Service to match.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
I'm hoping for a lower print run for episode 2.......

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
PREACHER Episode 2 232 Sets Made!

I Got 15 sets again.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
quote:
PREACHER Episode 2 232 Sets Made!

I Got 15 sets again.

If you are getting 15 sets and there are probably still a few people getting 3 sets each to speculate on and save $10, I would think no more than 150 people are buying these.

I guess we can chalk it up to the price point, but I am not sure non-sports and experimentation are synonymous. I am on board for the entire season. The only other show Topps has rights to and could pull this off for me would be Doctor Who, but I bet dollars to donuts this is their test run for Walking Dead next season.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
I know one guy buying more than me.

Right now.... I think there are more people buying 1 set than buying Multiple sets.

I think that there are less than 100 people buying these.

Set 1 is picking up...set 2 probably in a week or two. A lot of people have No Idea about these sets but I'm working on it.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason00:
. . . but I bet dollars to donuts this is their test run for Walking Dead next season.

I wouldn't take that bet. The odds are in your favor.

I think that if they try this with WD, it will have more success than with a Preacher title. However should it happen, it will shake up an already established base of collectors. So would you gain more than you lose, or lose more than you gain?

One thing's for sure. TOPPS Now wasn't made up with the idea of one and done.

Posts: 10372 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
Preacher Season 1 Episode 2 has shipped.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
Preacher Season 1 Episode 2 is In The House.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
Episode 3

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
I ordered my 15 sets.... This will Be a LOW print Run! No activity on 2 forums....... Oh Boy.

Fingers Crossed.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
quote:
I ordered my 15 sets.... This will Be a LOW print Run! No activity on 2 forums....... Oh Boy.

Fingers Crossed.

I did get my set. I am in for all ten episodes.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
184 Sets Made