Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Preacher?
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
I asked if Topps Blinked.

I didn't say it had been Cancelled. My Order has Finally Been marked as Completed, but it hasn't been marked as Shipped.

The Fact That I Paid for Expedited Shipping is a Problem. I certainly Won't be Getting my order in a Timely Manner.

I didn't Order my 15 Sets & I Know a few Other Buyers who didn't buy their Normal Order.

Getting the Run Around hasn't helped my Opinion of Topps.

I Like Preacher, but Topps can Keep em for all I care.

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
I just got my Week 2 packs today, so they are definitely running behind on shipping, although I am on the west coast, so I was likely among the very last to receive them, I'm sure. They've added a thin piece of foam to the inside of the plastic cases on each side of the cards.

As John mentioned, the Week 4 number sold was 149, so just 35 less than sold for Week 3, by far the lowest drop yet, haha. (I guess we know where they lost 15 of them.)

Hoping for cards of The Saint and Odin Quincannon next week.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There is a 3 card promo set by Topps of Jesse, Tulip, and Cassidy which advertises both the weekly card sets and the upcoming Series 1 set. They just says Topps on them, not Topps Now. Not sure where these are available

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Print run of 162 for Episode 5.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
There is a 3 card promo set by Topps of Jesse, Tulip, and Cassidy which advertises both the weekly card sets and the upcoming Series 1 set. They just says Topps on them, not Topps Now. Not sure where these are available

So is this info from the TOPPS website? I have not heard that there is an upcoming Series 1 set until now. I wonder why companies think they can sell cards when they don't seem to try very hard to reach the card collectors who might actually buy them?

The name of TOPPS Now seems to be reserved for those products that they are selling in weekly increments. I think any Preacher traditional set, or even a premium/factory set, and all promos would carry just the TOPPS brand name.

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
No, I saw a set of the promos on "that auction site"

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Preacher has been renewed for a second season which will be 13 episodes long.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:
Originally posted by David R:

So is this info from the TOPPS website? I have not heard that there is an upcoming Series 1 set until now. I wonder why companies think they can sell cards when they don't seem to try very hard to reach the card collectors who might actually buy them?

This has come up a LOT at shows. People not knowing a set existed, even if they are fans. And many times it has come and gone (Like Once Upon A Time) and they're left out.

But there is a Chicken/Egg problem with advertising.

Topps should advertise on Preacher for the set. How expensive could AMC time for a 30 second commercial be?

But... (and it's a big But) Where to you tell people to go to get the cards? There's no destination where they can tell them the cards will be. Send them to the internet? Send them to comic shops? Send them to Target and Wal-Mart?

So we can't sell cards to people that don't know about them but if we let them know we can't tell them where to get them. Very odd in the business world.

And Topps' Website is bad, so they really can't send them there either.

Best use of time and money is online, social media and message boards. And yes, advertising in NSU. Both of which are being done.

Our industry has an image problem.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:

Best use of time and money is online, social media and message boards. And yes, advertising in NSU. Both of which are being done.

Our industry has an image problem.

Ed

TOPPS has had representatives on Card Talk in the past whenever it deemed necessary. Little snippets of news gets out in industry articles about new products on various sites, but that is often very late in the game. It's frequently just one viewer on one site posting something about what they read or saw on another site.

Or they could sign up to get your newsletter. Wink

Not so much an image problem as a disjointed business structure. Card collectors have to search constantly to find things to buy, like an Easter egg hunt. If card manufacturers did a better job of directly connecting with collectors they might sell more cards. Surely we wouldn't have to work so hard to find something to spend our money on. Big Grin

But back to Preacher, so is it officially confirmed that there will be another Series One set besides the TOPPS Now product?

If that is the case, and the weekly run of TOPPS Now cards are still being ordered, would that not have an effect on this pretty expensive base set?

Maybe, but I don't know if that is correct, I'm just reading the posts too. Big Grin

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The backs of the 3 promo cards do advertise a Series 1 set

I wonder when/where these promos were given out ? I've seen just the 1 set on ebay

Completed auction

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2016-T...rksid=p2047675.l2557

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Great pictures on those, the two we can see anyway. I'm sure the Cassidy looks good, too. That trio absolutely should be included with orders of the Topps Now cards as a bonus at some point. Anyone who has bought all 5 weeks is now $100 in, and that should merit a set of the promos. We'll see...

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The 3 promos came sealed in a clear cello pack

Not sure where they were distributed

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Print run of 166 for Episode 6.

Here are the print run totals thus far:

Episode 1 - 362
Episode 2 - 232
Episode 3 - 184
Episode 4 - 149
Episode 5 - 162
Episode 6 - 166

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
The promo cards were handed out at a recent licensing show. Expect a lot more to show up by the end of the month as they will be handed out at San Diego Comic-Con as well.

http://www.beckett.com/news/to...reacher-promo-cards/

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
170 made for Episode 7.

Updated Topps NOW print runs:

Episode 1 - 362
Episode 2 - 232
Episode 3 - 184
Episode 4 - 149
Episode 5 - 162
Episode 6 - 166
Episode 7 - 170

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Episode 1 - 362
Episode 2 - 232
Episode 3 - 184
Episode 4 - 149
Episode 5 - 162
Episode 6 - 166
Episode 7 - 170
Episode 8 - 167
Episode 9 - 151

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:

Episode 1 - 362
Episode 2 - 232
Episode 3 - 184
Episode 4 - 149
Episode 5 - 162
Episode 6 - 166
Episode 7 - 170
Episode 8 - 167
Episode 9 - 151

Numbers have dropped less than half of episode 1

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Final numbers:

Episode 1 - 362
Episode 2 - 232
Episode 3 - 184
Episode 4 - 149
Episode 5 - 162
Episode 6 - 166
Episode 7 - 170
Episode 8 - 167
Episode 9 - 151
Episode 10 - 181