Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    New Garbage Pail Kids product coming near Halloween
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Garbage Pail Kids product coming near Halloween
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
Hi All:

Just spoke to Topps. They have a new Garbage Pail Kids series coming up to be released near Halloween time. It will not be Halloween related though. They're pretty excited about it. It will have four different GPK-related shaped wrap packaging and inside will be candy and new art. They are not sure yet whether it will be cards or magnets.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Is "new halloween" a new holiday, or just the same as "old halloween"? Big Grin

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
Is "new halloween" a new holiday, or just the same as "old halloween"? Big Grin

New Halloween began in 1983 when a goth named Azrael Jones brought to life.....Oh, heck, it's a typo! I guess I was excited to get the info online and typed too fast. Roll Eyes Its correct now.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
HI Harris,

Did Topps mention any other products?

Thanks,
Stephane

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
No, sorry. We just spoke about the GPK and Wacky Packages Erasers products that I posted about today.

Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I like both these products, should be fun to put these sets together! Smile

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
So, is this the "Garbage Pail Kids Stickers and Candy" product listed for August in Upcoming Releases?

I've been hearing tales that this Halloween release is scheduled for September 10, and will feature magnets as opposed to stickers?

Posts: 3 | Location: Kenosha, Wi | Registered: April 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Just got my soliciation for order today:

quote:
Garbage Pail Kids Magnet Cards with Candy
(SRP-$2.99) 8 boxes per case / 24 packs per box / 4 Magnets per pack
Orders Due: 5-19-11 Release Date: 8-24-11

Each shaped GPK package contains four magnet cards and a package of gummy candy.

A peg hole has been added to each unit for pegging or clip strips.

Timing is perfect for Halloween.

So they've decided on Magnets instead of stickers.

I do question if August is really perfect timing for Halloween though... Roll Eyes

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Very helpful, thanks! I figured the "Stickers and Candy" had morphed into this...you wouldn't happen to have pictures of the sell sheet, would you?

Posts: 3 | Location: Kenosha, Wi | Registered: April 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corpse monger:
Very helpful, thanks! I figured the "Stickers and Candy" had morphed into this...you wouldn't happen to have pictures of the sell sheet, would you?

I never get any, so I can't tell you if they even exist.

My usual source does not have one yet though, newest thing is Wacky ANS8.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Aw, shucks. Well thanks anyhow, and for passing along the news!