Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Sons of Anarchy Seasons 6&7 (Cryptozoic)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sons of Anarchy Seasons 6&7 (Cryptozoic)
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted
Added to their Trading Cards page recently without much fanfare.

Right off the bat they had the following autos back:

Dayton Callie
Drea DeMatteo
Katey Sagal
Kim Coates
Michael Marisi Ornstein
Winter Ave Zoli
Theo Rossi
Robin Weigert
Rockmond Dunbar

And they've just added Walton Goggins.

Projected release: Q1, 2016. So, Q2 at the earliest then.

Other details:

Packs: 5 cards per pack, 24 packs per box

Base Set: 63-card base set featuring episodic images from seasons six and seven

Chase Set: Gallery (1:4 packs); Mug Shots (1:4 packs); Brawl (1:4 packs)

Inserts: Autograph cards (1:24 packs); Wardrobe cards (1:24 packs); Dual Wardrobe cards (TBD); Temporary Tattoos (1:24 packs); Replica Patch cards (TBD); Printing Plates (TBD)

Binder: 3-ring binder contains an exclusive card.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravenheart:

And they've just added Walton Goggins.

Now that one I have to put on my calendar. Dance

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm pleased with that one too.

While I would have preferred someone had done a Shield set and he was in that... this is still great.

Fingers crossed for some more new signers.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bone
posted Hide Post
Walton Goggins! Woohoo!

Posts: 78 | Location: Australia | Registered: August 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Kim Dickens added.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
David LaBrava added.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I will be there for these cards because the autograph lineup is impressive and I don't have many from prior sets.

Having said that, I do wish these autograph cards were brighter. I guess it is in keeping with the grime theme and they probably look a bit better in person, but B/W photos need to be lit right or they come off too dark.

I have noticed this happening on other recent sets as well, even with the color shots. It's great that more room is provided for the signature and I don't mind a smaller photo, but I need to have a clear, bright photo to make the card attractive. B/W on a black background does not show well. Just saying CZE. Thanks.

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I would suggest these are probably high contrast scans to make the signatures stand out, and that in the flesh the cards are a lot less black and white; more grey Wink

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Might be and I said that they probably look bit better in person, but I also recently got a few of the Penny Dreadful autograph cards, also from CZE. The photos are smallish, tight, color headshots against a black background. The card borders around the autograph space is mainly brown. These cards are dark and the color photos don't pop out either.

Of course it's all a matter of taste and the autograph area is larger than usual for those signers inclined to write a full name. I guess it's a trade off about the size and it's fine by me, I just would like brighter photos if they are going to be smaller in MHO.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Charlie Hunnam added.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Release date changed to December 23... so doesn't look like we're getting any more autos in this set.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
I don't watch the show and am not a fan of his music but it was just tweeted that Marilyn Manson has signed cards for this set. Kind of cool...

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
He has. To say I'm amazed is an understatement.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I'm amazed that he gave such a legible autograph. They should all be as good.

I think that with SoA Crypto has done one of the overall better jobs of covering a TV series. The cards have been limited, while still being accessible to fans of the show. Thumb Up

I am not one of those who says I'm just glad they made it. If they made it and I can't get it for one reason or another, it doesn't do me any good, now does it?. Big Grin

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
I must have the Walton Goggins auto and Manson's too. Nice additions.

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of piperh33
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravenheart:
He has. To say I'm amazed is an understatement.

I often look on Ebay and nobody offers it, in auction or in "Buy it Now". Red Face
Are you sure these card is really available in the boxes ? Confused Confused

Posts: 130 | Location: Bordeaux, France | Registered: December 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post