Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Sons of Anarchy Seasons 6&7 (Cryptozoic)

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/955604453/m/4217062976

November 07, 2015, 07:02 PM
ravenheart
Sons of Anarchy Seasons 6&7 (Cryptozoic)
Added to their Trading Cards page recently without much fanfare.

Right off the bat they had the following autos back:

Dayton Callie
Drea DeMatteo
Katey Sagal
Kim Coates
Michael Marisi Ornstein
Winter Ave Zoli
Theo Rossi
Robin Weigert
Rockmond Dunbar

And they've just added Walton Goggins.

Projected release: Q1, 2016. So, Q2 at the earliest then.

Other details:

Packs: 5 cards per pack, 24 packs per box

Base Set: 63-card base set featuring episodic images from seasons six and seven

Chase Set: Gallery (1:4 packs); Mug Shots (1:4 packs); Brawl (1:4 packs)

Inserts: Autograph cards (1:24 packs); Wardrobe cards (1:24 packs); Dual Wardrobe cards (TBD); Temporary Tattoos (1:24 packs); Replica Patch cards (TBD); Printing Plates (TBD)

Binder: 3-ring binder contains an exclusive card.

November 07, 2015, 07:58 PM
Raven
quote:
Originally posted by ravenheart:

And they've just added Walton Goggins.

Now that one I have to put on my calendar. Dance
November 08, 2015, 08:47 AM
ravenheart
I'm pleased with that one too.

While I would have preferred someone had done a Shield set and he was in that... this is still great.

Fingers crossed for some more new signers.
November 09, 2015, 06:59 AM
bone
Walton Goggins! Woohoo!

November 13, 2015, 05:39 PM
ravenheart
Kim Dickens added.

November 18, 2015, 09:49 AM
ravenheart
David LaBrava added.

November 18, 2015, 11:55 AM
Raven
I will be there for these cards because the autograph lineup is impressive and I don't have many from prior sets.

Having said that, I do wish these autograph cards were brighter. I guess it is in keeping with the grime theme and they probably look a bit better in person, but B/W photos need to be lit right or they come off too dark.

I have noticed this happening on other recent sets as well, even with the color shots. It's great that more room is provided for the signature and I don't mind a smaller photo, but I need to have a clear, bright photo to make the card attractive. B/W on a black background does not show well. Just saying CZE. Thanks.
November 18, 2015, 12:50 PM
ravenheart
I would suggest these are probably high contrast scans to make the signatures stand out, and that in the flesh the cards are a lot less black and white; more grey Wink
November 18, 2015, 03:11 PM
Raven
Might be and I said that they probably look bit better in person, but I also recently got a few of the Penny Dreadful autograph cards, also from CZE. The photos are smallish, tight, color headshots against a black background. The card borders around the autograph space is mainly brown. These cards are dark and the color photos don't pop out either.

Of course it's all a matter of taste and the autograph area is larger than usual for those signers inclined to write a full name. I guess it's a trade off about the size and it's fine by me, I just would like brighter photos if they are going to be smaller in MHO.
November 24, 2015, 06:47 PM
ravenheart
Charlie Hunnam added.

December 07, 2015, 06:27 PM
ravenheart
Release date changed to December 23... so doesn't look like we're getting any more autos in this set.
December 10, 2015, 07:14 PM
CordeliaChase_Fan
I don't watch the show and am not a fan of his music but it was just tweeted that Marilyn Manson has signed cards for this set. Kind of cool...

December 11, 2015, 10:35 AM
ravenheart
He has. To say I'm amazed is an understatement.

December 11, 2015, 01:20 PM
Raven
I'm amazed that he gave such a legible autograph. They should all be as good.

I think that with SoA Crypto has done one of the overall better jobs of covering a TV series. The cards have been limited, while still being accessible to fans of the show. Thumb Up

I am not one of those who says I'm just glad they made it. If they made it and I can't get it for one reason or another, it doesn't do me any good, now does it?. Big Grin
December 30, 2015, 07:41 PM
Lovemesomecards
I must have the Walton Goggins auto and Manson's too. Nice additions.

January 12, 2016, 07:58 AM
piperh33
quote:
Originally posted by ravenheart:
He has. To say I'm amazed is an understatement.

I often look on Ebay and nobody offers it, in auction or in "Buy it Now". Red Face
Are you sure these card is really available in the boxes ? Confused Confused