Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Wacky Packages Old School 3
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wacky Packages Old School 3
 Login/Join

posted
Greetings!

Wacky Packages Old School 3 will be available for pre-sale next week. Unlike the other two series you will actually get your boxes within a reasonable time! Boxes will be shipped sometime in mid/late January. Here is all the info on the sale and the series. I will post an additional reminder the day before or the morning of the sale and include any possible new information at that time as well as the pre-sale link.

Thanks!
Dave

Wacky Packages Old School 3 info:

Pre-sale begins Thursday, December 29th at 12noon (EST) and ends Saturday, December 31st at 9pm (EST). The first 24 hours will be limited to 6 boxes per person. After that you can buy as many as you want while supplies last. I expect this will alleviate all issues with getting boxes the first day and people who want to buy multiple boxes over 6 will still be able to do so.

Pre-sale boxes will cost $44.95. You will get free shipping for 2 boxes or more purchased. So note that if you are a person that wants to buy many boxes but are nervous about not getting any on day 1 you can buy 6 of them that day since the shipping is free either way.

Topps will be including some bonus material in the shipping boxes. I do not know what this is.

Regular boxes will go on sale in mid January at the price of $49.95.

The Series:

24 packs per box with 4 stickers and 1 checklist per pack (up from 3 stickers the previous series)

33 all-new parody stickers featuring products from the 1970s which will come in tan backs, white backs and LUDLOW backs. Whites and Luds will be a bit harder to complete.

9 piece puzzle checklist featuring a Topps product

10 sticker subset titled "Wacky 1967" which will feature 9 of the classic alternative diecuts that never made it to series 1. These will all have tan, white and ludlow backs which are backs these titles should have had had they been used in series 1. The 10th sticker will be a lost Norm Saunders Wacky Packages diecut never before available as a sticker. I'm sure most people here will know what that is without me saying it. There will also be a sticker checklist for this series. These will be IN PACKS.

Series 4 promo mini sticker (now included IN PACKS, available as tan, white & Ludlow)

Series 3 box art sticker (IN PACKS, available as tan, white & Ludlow)

Series 3 logo stickers (3 different) (IN PACKS, available as tan, white & Ludlow)

Giant (approx) 24 x 36 Wall Poster by Brent Engstrom featuring spaces to affix each of the 33 Old School titles to create an awesome Wacky Packages theme.

Sketch card by one of 13 Wacky Packages artists: Jay Lynch, Bill Griffith, Bhob Stewart, Brent Engstom, Neil Camera, Fred Wheaton, Joe Simko, Mark Parisi, Matthew Kirscht, Smokin Joe McWilliams, Jeff Zapata, Colin Walton and John Zeleznik.
- Sketch cards will NOT be in packs but in their own special envelope in the box
- There will be more color sketches this series

Lastly, there MAY be an additional rare item but that is still being debated. It would be a GOLDEN opportunity for someone. Hope to know before the pre-sale. 50/50 chance at this point.

Posts: 16 | Location: New Brunswick, NJ | Registered: July 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
I ordered 5 boxes of these today, and will post the results as soon as I have them.

If they are as good as the first two sets, I will be greatly pleased, but this set sounds even better with the back variations and the "additional rare item", which it was apparently decided WOULD be included according to an email update that wss sent out just yesterday.

Hurry up and get here already, mid to late January!

Posts: 3327 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of EriktheArchitect
posted Hide Post
Just ordered one box. Most likely will have to trade a few to complete my base set. Hope I get a color sketch this year. Wonder what the extras are?

Posts: 1162 | Location: Just NW of Hazzard County Georgia USA | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Got 3 boxes, always a fun break!

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post