Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Warehouse 13 - 5th and final season
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Warehouse 13 - 5th and final season
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi_Collector
posted
So I just watched my third episode of Warehouse 13 after it has been on for 4 seasons. I think Aaron Ashmore as Steve Jinks is great.

Only to find out that the Syfy channel just cancelled the show. The 5th season will have only 5 episodes.

Man its tough watching TV. As soon as I like a show it gets canceled.

Posts: 1602 | Location: Nevada | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi_Collector:
So I just watched my third episode of Warehouse 13 after it has been on for 4 seasons. I think Aaron Ashmore as Steve Jinks is great.

Only to find out that the Syfy channel just cancelled the show. The 5th season will have only 5 episodes.

Man its tough watching TV. As soon as I like a show it gets canceled.

I don't really count that as being cancelled. They just have a known end date. I don't really know how much more story they have to tell.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of MvG
posted Hide Post
The 5th season will have 6 episodes. I'll miss the show. I suspect it has something to do with the costs of producing Defiance which is a horrible show by the way...

Syfy has renewed flagship drama Warehouse 13 for a fifth season, which will be its last. Production on the final six-episode installment of the series, on which Jack Kenny serves as executive producer/showrunner, will begin in Toronto this summer for a 2014 run.

Posts: 792 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: April 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fuchaldream
posted Hide Post
Sad to see the show go, but it is time. They lost focus and lost the silliness that made the show great. It's still silly, but while also trying to be more serious, and failing at both too much of the time.

Posts: 275 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cmcdjj37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fuchaldream:
Sad to see the show go, but it is time. They lost focus and lost the silliness that made the show great. It's still silly, but while also trying to be more serious, and failing at both too much of the time.

I agree. What really got me hooked on the show was the interaction between Pete and Myka. Then they added Claudia, which was cool. But now every episode is split between Pete/Myka and Claudia/Jinks. Now it's too much Claudia/Jinks being serious and not enough Pete being silly!

Posts: 209 | Location: Castle Rock, Colorado | Registered: July 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fuchaldream
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cmcdjj37:
quote:
Originally posted by fuchaldream:

I agree. What really got me hooked on the show was the interaction between Pete and Myka. Then they added Claudia, which was cool. But now every episode is split between Pete/Myka and Claudia/Jinks. Now it's too much Claudia/Jinks being serious and not enough Pete being silly!

Syfy should take note. Two random people on a forum who were fans of the show sharing almost the identical opinion of what they did to a previously wonderful show.

Having contacted Syfy corporate about a few questions / concerns in the past, I fully expect them to ignore anything that their paying customers say. I mean, they changed their name to Syfy, didn't they?

Posts: 275 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I personally liked some of the changes. In the beginning, I found Pete to be too much of an idiot to ever get a job in the Secret Service, so I was happy when he was made to be smarter, if still really goofy. I like the serious and darker story lines- I think that the character humor is a good contrast to the pretty dark story lines and background- at first this was just a show that I watched with passing interest, where now it is actually something I set the DVR for.

And for the record, Claudia has always annoyed me- I think that she is really badly written. Pete is growing on me, as is Artie (who I think has developed the best with the darkness) and I really like Myka and Jinx. I like the fact that there are multiple story lines in each episode so I can have at least one pairing that I like each episode and fast forward through the pairings I don't like.

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

But I think the show really became interesting when it delved into the past. That's why I found the most interesting and enjoyable episodes to be the ones with the H.G. Wells character. Jaime Murray did a remarkable job with that role. There had been a rumor that they were going to do a spin-off show about Warehouse 12 and star Jaime Murray. It would have been interesting to see the show set back almost 150 years ago. (They could have had occasional tie-ins with America's Civil War.)

Not only that, but Myka and HG have off the charts chemistry. The best on the show.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fuchaldream
posted Hide Post
I still like the show. I just think that it became tiresome when they stopped making it fun. It is now a soap opera, which is not how the first two seasons played at all. It's one thing to bring in darker story lines, but it is whole other thing to get lost in them.

Life can be dark enough. I prefer my entertainment to entertain. That's all.

Hope everyone finds something to fill the void.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Yet another show that will be gone that my boys and I will miss. I have been on board since the first episode (not a catch-up series like many have been for me) and is still a mainstay on the DVR. Will serriously miss this as well as Eureka.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Bartowski:
quote:

But I think the show really became interesting when it delved into the past. That's why I found the most interesting and enjoyable episodes to be the ones with the H.G. Wells character. Jaime Murray did a remarkable job with that role. There had been a rumor that they were going to do a spin-off show about Warehouse 12 and star Jaime Murray. It would have been interesting to see the show set back almost 150 years ago. (They could have had occasional tie-ins with America's Civil War.)

Not only that, but Myka and HG have off the charts chemistry. The best on the show.

OMG you're not kidding! Why the producers didn't sign Jaime on as a regular I will never know!

I found the first 3 seasons fantastic, but the first half of season 4 was just bad in my mind. I've hardly watched any of the second half of the season and heard about what happened in the HG returns episode Roll Eyes

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post