Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Alpha's trading cards
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Alpha's trading cards
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi_Collector
posted
Cryptozoic is releasing Alpha's trading cards in March.

I wonder how well it will do now that the show has just been canceled.

Syfy has "decided not to renew" Alphas. Given its ratings during season two, most won't be surprised, even if they are disappointed. Here's the statement from Syfy:

Syfy has decided not to renew Alphas for a third season. We’ve been proud to present this entertaining, high-quality series for two seasons and to work with an incredible ensemble of talented actors, producers and creatives as well as our partners at BermanBraun Television. We’d like to thank the show’s dedicated regular viewers for their tremendous support.

Posts: 1602 | Location: Nevada | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Great way of thanking their loyal viewers by leaving the series on an unresolved cliffhanger Mad .

I think there is still a market for the set but I am not sure it is suited to Cryptozoic's old school pack/box type now that there can only really be one or at most two sets.Probably more suited to how Rittenhouse did Warehouse 13 and Falling Skies.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pumpkindiver
posted Hide Post
I was really looking forward to this set, but honestly Crypto should pull out now. I just can't see them selling out

Posts: 154 | Location: Australia | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Cryptozoic should honestly delay the set and make it for both seasons if they are indeed going to go forward with it.

I cannot see a second set selling well, but a "complete" set would appeal more to fans.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
Picture of Scott Gaeta
posted Hide Post
Hi all,

We are looking at options now but we won't be cancelling the set. We'll let you know the plan shortly.

Best,

Scott

Posts: 112 | Location: Irvine, CA.  | Registered: February 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
We'll be posting information about the Alphas Season 1 Trading Card set later this afternoon. Check our website for information about the set. I'll try to stop by later this afternoon / evening just to check if anyone has questions.

Posts: 36 | Location: Irvine, Ca | Registered: May 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi_Collector
posted Hide Post
Confirmed Signers listed on Cryptozoic website:

Ryan Cartwright - Gary
Azita Ghanizada - Rachel
Larua Mennell - Nina
and Kathleen Gati - Zahra Pirzad

3 Main Characters so far

Posts: 1602 | Location: Nevada | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi_Collector:
Confirmed Signers listed on Cryptozoic website:

Ryan Cartwright - Gary
Azita Ghanizada - Rachel
Larua Mennell - Nina
and Kathleen Gati - Zahra Pirzad

3 Main Characters so far

Yeah...off to a promising start. Site shows some autos and costume cards...I'd probably get some, but I already have too many sets on my list for this year. Maybe if it's inexpensive.

Alphas Season 1 Trading Cards

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like Liane Balaban will also be signing, according to her Twitter account.

https://twitter.com/LianeBalab...s/297163606343163905

Posts: 53 | Location: Hacienda Heights, CA | Registered: October 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jennifer:
Looks like Liane Balaban will also be signing, according to her Twitter account.

https://twitter.com/LianeBalab...s/297163606343163905

just found out about this
I am so happy she signed
Crypto are still planning season 1 and 2 seperate
lets hope they will get to making the second season

Posts: 1450 | Location: montreal,canada | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
These were both added to CZE's site recently

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of SHouseman
posted Hide Post
http://www.facebook.com/#!/med...0093869003065&type=1

On their Facebook page, they have pics of some of the auto and memorabilia cards. I'm hoping for a David Strathairn autograph, wonder if he'll sign... He was great in Alphas, L. A. Confidential, Bourne, etc.

Posts: 1186 | Location: USA | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SHouseman:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/med...0093869003065&type=1

On their Facebook page, they have pics of some of the auto and memorabilia cards. I'm hoping for a David Strathairn autograph, wonder if he'll sign... He was great in Alphas, L. A. Confidential, Bourne, etc.

No, he didn't sign, although you can find his costume cards. Looks like only nine autographs and a short 60 card base set, with 4 other inserts per box.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post