Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Disney 100 Years of Wonder Trading Cards
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Disney 100 Years of Wonder Trading Cards
 Login/Join

New Card Talk Member
posted
I just found what looks like a new Disney product, but it looks like it is only available in/from Hong Kong. The set is listed as Kakawow Disney 100 Years of Wonder Phantom. The cards look pretty impressive and are printed in two languages, but I cannot find much information about the set in English. Has anyone heard of this set, and is it coming out in other countries too?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kjb23,

Posts: 2 | Location: Pullman, WA 99163 | Registered: February 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
The 100 Years is a huge promotion for Disney. You can check the link below, but it's not specific to what you're looking for I don't think.

https://thewaltdisneycompany.c...ans-during-d23-expo/

With stuff only out of Hong Kong, I would normally say assume it's unlicensed until proven otherwise.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
The 100 Years is a huge promotion for Disney. You can check the link below, but it's not specific to what you're looking for I don't think.

https://thewaltdisneycompany.c...ans-during-d23-expo/

With stuff only out of Hong Kong, I would normally say assume it's unlicensed until proven otherwise.

I'm pretty sure this is official merch, and people are paying some hefty prices for them!

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here are some Asian customers opening packs from a case of ten boxes. These are some fancy cards.

Posts: 2198 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Cardz_house
posted Hide Post
its official licensed product but too overpriced at the moment.

Some of my traders: Star*Mystyk, davelennox, Jack London, Chris Byrne, TAT, spidergoblin, Brimaster, cverdec, mac13, mars53, Ryan Cracknell, wuher, angelchick182, FRANK AMICO, batmancity, Card Reaper, Over_Worked_Mom, Dewman, THX2112, venom5liter, batmancity, barobehere, KADRAN00157, browninga5m, trade-a-card, FCB, wolfie, ghostrider666, Brian A. Davis, s8zaphod, Cee_Jay

Posts: 1451 | Location: Singapore | Registered: January 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
I like the live-action actor cards, especially the Emma Stone "Creulla" and the Angelina Jolie and Elle Fanning from "Maleficent". I'll bet that Emily Watson refractor from "Beauty and the Beast" will be highly sought after as a single.
I think I saw Ian McShane and Penelope Cruz from one of the "Pirates" movies. Those were pretty cool.

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
From what I can gather by looking at eBay, reading some online postings, and talking to a dealer I know, these cards are called Kakawow Phantom Disney 100 Years of Wonder. Early on domestic dealers were able to get some product, but then the sales went wild and the case price went through the roof. Most average dealers couldn't afford to order at that point or reorder more, if they had it. So now the cards are drying up unless you go to sellers in China and pay big money.

The product has Disney characters on a base card, a parallel (usually described as a Silver Holo with the same photo, but a refractor type sheen) and also a different design that is called Fireworks. I think there are also some very limited and numbered "faux" signature cards of characters, as well as a couple of other "hit" variations.

The Fireworks of in-demand characters are going for hundreds of dollars, but there are few domestic sellers who seem to have them anymore, and almost none with plans to get them because of the cost. It's up to the card collectors to decide if they want to buy from overseas sources that may be new to them and may be at peak value now.

I have also heard that Disney plans to make more card products to celebrate its 100-year anniversary. Specifically, it was mentioned that something will be coming out in August, but I got no other details on it. So for Disney collectors and card collectors in general, this stuff seems worth watching and maybe grabbing early if you want in.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post