Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Complete Star Trek: The Next Generation Series 2, 1991-1994 (February 2012)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Complete Star Trek: The Next Generation Series 2, 1991-1994 (February 2012)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted
So i was at the Philly Show yesterday and Rittenhouse Archives had a poster for the new TNG set coming out next year. I am definitely excited about this release.

Shown on the poster were 6 autograph cards:

Non-quotable versions of : (in other words the green and white format we've seen in the previous set and the original Quotable TNG)

Jonathan Frakes as Commander Riker
Marina Sirtis as Deanna Troi

plus:

Ashley Judd as Robin Lefler
Colm Meaney as Chief O'Brien
Kelsey Grammer as Morgan Bateson
Denise Crosby as Sela

and there will be a cut autograph of James Doohan as Scotty.

Hopefully someone has gotten a shot of the poster, but I can't wait Smile

Val

This message has been edited. Last edited by: CordeliaChase_Fan,

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Appreciate the heads up on this release but still a little early as the Classic Star Trek Movies Heroes & Villains set has yet to be released.

I'm assuming we'll be back to Boxes and not Premium Packs for this release.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pretty excited about this one, more so than the first. Some great signers so will probably get a case.

Posts: 39 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm all for the Ashley Judd Luv You

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A few more names on Rittenhouse's site.

Autograph Signers Include:

Ashley Judd
Jonathan Frakes
Marina Sirtis
Colm Meaney
Kelsey Grammer
Denise Crosby
Michelle Forbes
Robert O'Reilly
Tony Todd
Natalija Nogulich
Patti Yasutake
Matt Frewer
John Delancie
Malachi Throne
Jonathan Del Arco
Patrick Massett
and many more first-time signers!

90 Parallel Base Set Cards
18 Tribute Cards
9 Best of the Holodeck Cards
9 U.S.S. Enterprise Cards
5 Star Trek Communicator Pin Cards

For every 3 cases purchased, you will receive an exclusive Brent Spiner (Dr. Soong) Autograph Card!

For each 6 cases purchased, you will receive an exclusive autograph card signed by Leonard Nimoy as Spock in "Unification"!

Coming: 02.22.2012

At 4 autographs a box I'm asumming that many more means around 50+ autographs for this release.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
per Steve on the SciFiHobby message board:

Michelle Forbes and Patrick Massett didn't return their cards in time for this release so they are adding in David Ogden Stiers (which they had set aside for a later TNG release) instead.

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Complete Autograph list is now up- A LOT of Extremely Limiteds(7 to be exact- Ogden Stiers, Sirtis, Frakes, Frewer, Crosby, deLancie and Tony Todd)- Ashley Judd and Kelsey Grammer are VL along with 3 others (Colm Meaney and Robert O'Reilly among them) and 19 Limited autographs. Of course this means that there are also 19 regular autographs but I wonder what a case is going to look like. Not gonna be an easy set to complete by any means.

Val

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Not gonna be an easy set to complete by any means. Val

You can say that again.

I'm splitting a couple of cases and don't think I'll be any-where near a run of the autographs. Frown

Here's a link to the complete checklist; TNG Complete Series 2 Checklist

Picture of Fizzbin
posted Hide Post
We all love to hunt isn't it? ..... and with only one other set announced it seems we do get plenty of time for it ...... can't wait to see those new beauties get lose.....

Posts: 36 | Location: Rotterdam,The Netherlands | Registered: June 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fizzbin:
We all love to hunt isn't it? ..... and with only one other set announced it seems we do get plenty of time for it ...... can't wait to see those new beauties get lose.....

Below is a quote by Steve Charendoff over on the Rittenhouse site, plenty still to come. Eek

"Glad you guys like the auto lineup. I've been mostly going in chronological order through the episodes with these TNG series, and it was amazing to me how many people I could find to sign cards in so few episodes. So as it turns out, with a few exceptions, almost all of the signers across series 1 and 2 are from the first 5 seasons. So...there are still about 2 seasons worth of signers to pursue, and that's without going back and trying to find others from these earlier episodes that were missed the first time around. I figure I could keep going for at least a third full series of cards, and maybe more. But if it tweaks anyone's interest, Patrick Stewart just signed some new TNG cards, as well as another movie card (but in his regular duty uniform). Also, Gates, Levar and Michael (Dorn) are signing the TNG style autographs, all of which will get that next series (what will I call it?!) off to a strong start. Amazing that it took us this long to get around to plunging so deeply into the realm of TNG autographs. We're also working on a new Voyager set along these lines. Just got Zach Galligan and Donny Most to sign for that new series, among others. And we're working on an Aliens set, too, with a new autograph card design. The Aliens set will cross over all of the various Star Trek TV shows and movies. That will be a very fun set. AND...if that's not enough for you, Zachary Quinto and Chris Pine are signing new movie cards for us, and the next film is coming in 2013. Can you tell how much I love Star Trek?! Some day I'll get a real job, but for now, I am having way too much fun to call this work!!! "

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just a few hours to the release, who will be the first NSU member to list a breakdown? It will be interesting to see how the Extremely Limited autographs break.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
I'm 2 boxes in at this point and I haven't pulled any of the Best of the Holodeck inserts... anyone else having this issue?

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
Well, 8 boxes in now and only 2 of my boxes have had Holodeck inserts - on the plus side, both of those boxes contained Communicator Pins!

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Lizzy:
Well, 8 boxes in now and only 2 of my boxes have had Holodeck inserts - on the plus side, both of those boxes contained Communicator Pins!

I split a couple of cases of the first series and only got one Communicator Pin in each case and it was the same one. Frown I hope my cases of Series 2 splits better.

Wixiban in U.K. has listed some of the cards so he must have received his cases already so hopefully not too long to wait for mine.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Received email from dealer, should receive my cases tomorrow. Elephant

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Just saw the list of common and limited autographs and I have no idea who they are or what they played. This will be driven by the ultra limited signatures only.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Cases arrived today, busy splitting them now. Out of 8 boxes hit 3 Ex Limited and 2 Communicator Pins.

Chase are as expected.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by treksearcher:
Cases arrived today, busy splitting them now. Out of 8 boxes hit 3 Ex Limited and 2 Communicator Pins.

Chase are as expected.

Which Ex-Limited did you pull?

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:
Originally posted by treksearcher:

Chase are as expected.

Which Ex-Limited did you pull?

See the case breakdown section. I ended up getting 4 Ex Ltd in same case.

Picture of Fizzbin
posted Hide Post
it seems my archive box is on it's way....

Posts: 36 | Location: Rotterdam,The Netherlands | Registered: June 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post