Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Chronicles of The Three Stooges Kickstarter #2
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chronicles of The Three Stooges Kickstarter #2
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
RRParks CARDS has recently launched a Kickstarter campaign for Chronicles of The Three Stooges Series 3 (including a cool 3D card subset). We have details on the blog today about the campaign:

Kickstarting the Chronicles of the Three Stooges Series 3

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wear glasses. I wonder if I'll have a hard time seeing the cards with 3D glasses. Eek I'll just use lots of duct tape. Metal

Posts: 31 | Location: Boston Mass | Registered: September 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RRParks CARDS
posted Hide Post
Oh... interesting question, huh. I wonder... when you get the cards (and a free pair of 3D glasses will be in the top of each box) you might clip apart the red and blue lenses of the glasses and with some scotch tape attach them to your spectacles. Just brainstorming of course ... but that might make it so your prescription lenses will view the cards through the red/blue lenses. Have a Tylenol handy for after viewing all 40 of the cards :-)

Posts: 87 | Location: Nevada | Registered: July 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It should be fun tho. Elephant

Posts: 31 | Location: Boston Mass | Registered: September 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
If you clip the colored lenses to your existing spectacles, make sure you don't get it backwards. It's not convenient to have to stand on your head to view the set. Nyuk nyuk.

I'm still scratching my head about the "You might also like" recommendations Kickstarter offered me after I pledged:

.. "Making 'The Zen of Beard Trimming' by C.J. Campbell"

.. "Elvish Linguistics Learning Tool"

.. "VYM, The Drag Magazine"

Clearly every one of these should be target-marketed to rabid Stooges fans.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MikeFitz
posted Hide Post
I wear glasses for near-sightedness, so I just take them off and I have no problem seeing the 3D image. Can't vouch for the effect on far-sighted people.

Posts: 1457 | Location: New England | Registered: January 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RRParks CARDS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by allender:
If you clip the colored lenses to your existing spectacles, make sure you don't get it backwards. It's not convenient to have to stand on your head to view the set. Nyuk nyuk.

I'm still scratching my head about the "You might also like" recommendations Kickstarter offered me after I pledged:

.. "Making 'The Zen of Beard Trimming' by C.J. Campbell"

.. "Elvish Linguistics Learning Tool"

.. "VYM, The Drag Magazine"

Clearly every one of these should be target-marketed to rabid Stooges fans.

Why THOSE recommendations make perfect sense to me... 'zen of beard trimming' relates to Bustoff's beard, 'elvish linquistics' relates to Omay and Arryla, and 'drag magazine' relates to Self Made Maids. I say kickstarter did a great 'recommendations' list..
ahem..
cough cough...
me go away now n hide in shame...

Posts: 87 | Location: Nevada | Registered: July 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RRParks CARDS
posted Hide Post
Stooges Kickstarter has been doing well ... okay, NOT as well as 'exploding kitty' but then NOTHING on planet Earth is doing as well as Exploding Kitty (want to have your mind blown? Go to Kickstarter and search for Exploding Kitty ... and you'll be uttering 'hommina hommina hommina')