Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
James Bond Autographs & Relics Checklist

This topic can be found at:
http://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/955604453/m/3987026336

October 03, 2013, 10:46 PM
Bacall1
James Bond Autographs & Relics Checklist
I don't really collect the relics and I care nothing about the 40th anniversary autos. I did have all of the Bond autographed cards, but sold most of the 40th style off and concentrated on the full bleeds. I have voiced my concerns on the RA forum because Full Bleed collectors got flogged on this release. Many collectors concentrate on one type or the other and to give one segment of the collecting world some fantastic names and the other segment a bunch of repeat signers and bit players is a slap in the face. It isn't remotely fair. To say that they will eventually be out in full bleed does me no good now. Halle was out in the last set but she isn't a full bleed in this set. FB collectors didn't even get a Regin, and she has 2 40th autos already. I don't think it is a good strategy to try to alienate one segment of the Bond collectors by giving the other segment the best signers. It would be a blast if I were a 40th collector, but since I'm not it just plain stinks.
October 03, 2013, 10:54 PM
Raven
I do agree with you Bacall, there is no reason why FB and 40th style autographs couldn't have been equally split. I am just more concerned about too many short hits that will inflate the prices, when you don't even pull the cards.
October 04, 2013, 10:11 AM
wolfie
I'm missing something here big time. Confused

People seem to be saying and in some cases are saying that Rittenhouse have cheated them out of something and they are not being fair on the contents of the new release, I find it impossible to see how this can be.

Rittenhouse have told everyone that there is a new product coming out and have gone to the trouble of telling everyone exactly what is in it so that you can decide if you want to buy it or not.

How on earth is this cheating anyone or being unfair? Not one person will buy a box of this product without knowing exactly what they are getting.

____________________
Come, it is time for you to keep your appointment with The Wicker Man.
October 04, 2013, 10:17 AM
NonSportCardGuy26
LOL yep, agreed Wolfie.

Also, I can understand a lot of the big autos being called "short printed" but the costumes are all /200

They are not SP by any means. Its just a massive costume set. Even if they insert only 150 out of the 200 thats a 9600 box / 800 Case run which is pretty much the norm by Rittenhouse Standards...they can't make any costumes higher numbered because then the entire set gets overproduced. You have a 1:64 chance at pulling any costume, so its hard to call them SP or Limited or anything other than just a large amount of them.
October 04, 2013, 12:47 PM
Bacall1
If you preorderEd a case and know the names that have signed going in without knowing which type they have signed and then find out that the type you collect has none of the big names then I think you should be a little upset. I wont open any of this product because I am not happy with the full bleed signers and there is a huge difference in the quality of 40th signers and full bleeds that is easy to see no matter which side you are on. The gaps are getting filled in for the 40th set and a huge divide is getting even bigger for full bleed collectors.
October 04, 2013, 02:18 PM
cheifbrody
I saw Skyfall nearly a year ago,I loved the movie and I am also a bond fullbleed card collector, after waiting nearly a year for a set with skyfall fullbleed autographs, rittenhouse have released a set and given them all exclusively to 40th anniversary collectors, which means I have to wait another year for skyfall fullbleed autographs, also on the fullbleed autograph list there are 5 repeat signers, this is something that doesn't happen with 40th anniv auto's,most of the other fullbleed signers were in the 40th anniv list last year, even with the Moonraker flight girls, 40th anniv have 2 new ones this year and fullbleed have the 2 40th anniv got last year, saying if you don't like, don't buy is a real dumb thing to say to a bond collector, I am really looking forward to the set otherwise, but they have spoilt it with the imbalance of the auto's, I like the minor star autos, having as many characters as possible, I like the on going collection, adding to every year, but what as happened here is bad, the priority is 40th anniversary style and not the balance it should be, it's a clear statement on this set, and it is a very big disappointment.
October 04, 2013, 03:52 PM
NonSportCardGuy26
People will complain about literally anything it seems like. When there are sticker autographs, people complain its not on card, and when its on card people complain it isn't in a style they prefer.

I've already sold out of my first allotment of cases, and have a good chunk of my second allotment sold too, so there must be plenty of people excited for the set regardless of the style of autograph card.
October 04, 2013, 06:08 PM
cheifbrody
quote:
Originally posted by NonSportCardGuy26:
People will complain about literally anything it seems like. When there are sticker autographs, people complain its not on card, and when its on card people complain it isn't in a style they prefer.

I've already sold out of my first allotment of cases, and have a good chunk of my second allotment sold too, so there must be plenty of people excited for the set regardless of the style of autograph card.

Don't forget all the ones who blamed them because jack from lost wouldn't sign, and the most crucial why one style gets 5 repeat signers and the other doesn't.
Bond will sell by the way, I hate what they have done but still will get a case for the skyfall base cards and the relics, how much areb you charging ?, and how many of your sales do you think are genuine bond fans and not just ebay profit money grabbers ?
October 04, 2013, 07:58 PM
NonSportCardGuy26
quote:
Originally posted by cheifbrody:
quote:
Originally posted by NonSportCardGuy26:
People will complain about literally anything it seems like. When there are sticker autographs, people complain its not on card, and when its on card people complain it isn't in a style they prefer.

I've already sold out of my first allotment of cases, and have a good chunk of my second allotment sold too, so there must be plenty of people excited for the set regardless of the style of autograph card.

Don't forget all the ones who blamed them because jack from lost wouldn't sign, and the most crucial why one style gets 5 repeat signers and the other doesn't.
Bond will sell by the way, I hate what they have done but still will get a case for the skyfall base cards and the relics, how much areb you charging ?, and how many of your sales do you think are genuine bond fans and not just ebay profit money grabbers ?



I have zero clue about rip and flippers, but I know I have sold orders of 1 case, 6 boxes, 3 cases with incentives, and 6 cases with incentives. How many of them are collectors vs rip and flippers I have no idea at all, but that doesn't bother me one way or the other. I've already had strong sales and I plan on def opening a couple cases for myself and trying to put together a costume set for myself.

The set looks nice, they got some great signers, and a HUGE really well designed relic set as well as a nice added value parallel set, I am already pleased with this release
October 04, 2013, 09:57 PM
Raven
quote:
Originally posted by NonSportCardGuy26:
Also, I can understand a lot of the big autos being called "short printed" but the costumes are all /200

They are not SP by any means. Its just a massive costume set. Even if they insert only 150 out of the 200 thats a 9600 box / 800 Case run which is pretty much the norm by Rittenhouse Standards...they can't make any costumes higher numbered because then the entire set gets overproduced. You have a 1:64 chance at pulling any costume, so its hard to call them SP or Limited or anything other than just a large amount of them.


Actually according to RA's own chart the costumes, at a production of 200 or less, would be called Extremely Limited cards.

With perfect placement each card would turn up in every 65th box or come around roughly once in every 5 cases, give or take a couple of boxes. In reality it will take you more boxes because at least some of these costumes will be held back as replacements. Not all 200 will be seeded.

They may not be short printed when compared to each other, but they certainly are short printed when compared to the more usual runs of 375 or 500 for this type of hit when they are numbered. Because there are so many of them as a group the individual card number can be decreased, resulting in a smaller supply per card, while you have an established demand. That spells higher prices and attracts the flippers, who want their own piece of the action.

And you still have those 12 Extremely Limited autographs. I don't think this a normal RA set, I just hope it doesn't become the norm because I can't afford it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,
October 05, 2013, 04:47 AM
Card Owner
I echo what NonSportCardGuy26 said. The demand for this release is very good with the majority of our cases already sold to collectors.

Customers have told me that they know it will be a hard set to complete however it will be a challenge and may just take longer than other sets to complete.
October 25, 2013, 04:32 PM
WOMBLE
A new James Bond rewards card has now been put up on Rittenhouse's web site.