Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Cereal Killers (Wax Eye)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cereal Killers (Wax Eye)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
There's an ad for these in the latest issue of Fangoria, but not much info on the website: http://wax-eye.com/

I guess Wax Eye is a new company on the block. The cards are pretty much like Wacky Packages, with artwork by Joe Simko, featuring different cereals re-tooled as horror products ("Children of the Corn Flakes," "Halloweeties," etc.).

The other details in the ad are:
Unleashing Spring 2011.
55 Card Set includes gum and special premium gift in every box.

Looks pretty cool!

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
There will be more about Cereal Killers in the upcoming issue of NSU. The cards look great.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
LOL LOL I am a cereal killer....... I just finished off a box of Cheerios !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Big Grin Eek Metal

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of EriktheArchitect
posted Hide Post
This looks to be a ripoff of the Topps Wacky Packages ANS 7 cereal boxes. 3 mini boxes in a pack. Same type of inserts... Wonder what Topps has to say!

Posts: 1162 | Location: Just NW of Hazzard County Georgia USA | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EriktheArchitect:
This looks to be a ripoff of the Topps Wacky Packages ANS 7 cereal boxes. 3 mini boxes in a pack. Same type of inserts... Wonder what Topps has to say!

I agree. But have you seen some of the cards coming out of RA's Star Trek Remastered sets? They're Skybox ST:TOS cards without the Skybox {nor RA} stamp on the back {the cards that have the squished vertical picture on the right side of the card}.

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of EriktheArchitect
posted Hide Post
Skybox is defunct and RA has the STAR TREK License. Reissued cards are another problem. Kinda like Hollywood remaking old movies because they have run out of ideas and originality!

Posts: 1162 | Location: Just NW of Hazzard County Georgia USA | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Skybox is defunct and RA has the STAR TREK License. Reissued cards are another problem. Kinda like Hollywood remaking old movies because they have run out of ideas and originality!

You and I are on the same wave length.

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
quote:

The Cereal Killers card set with packaging concept of the mini cereal boxes is what I pitched to Topps back in fall of '09. The CK project got put on hold, but the cereal box idea was still used, but for the Wacky ANS7.

I really wanted to get these out there, so worked hard to release on my own.

Check out the upcoming issue of NSU for a bit more info. Glad to be getting these cards out there for people to hopefully enjoy.

Posts: 21 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As a fan of cereal, Wacky Packages, and monsters, this set sounds awesome! And I love the idea of the mini cereal boxes. Joe, I think that idea was my favorite part of ANS7; kudos to you for suggesting it. I look forward to hearing more about this upcoming release.

Posts: 52 | Location: Madison, WI | Registered: March 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Checklist of titles:

Posts: 21 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
Picture of Scott Gaeta
posted Hide Post
These look awesome! I'm definitely going to pick some up for my collection.

Posts: 112 | Location: Irvine, CA.  | Registered: February 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of anthonyd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Simko:
quote:

The Cereal Killers card set with packaging concept of the mini cereal boxes is what I pitched to Topps back in fall of '09. The CK project got put on hold, but the cereal box idea was still used, but for the Wacky ANS7.

I really wanted to get these out there, so worked hard to release on my own.

Check out the upcoming issue of NSU for a bit more info. Glad to be getting these cards out there for people to hopefully enjoy.

This looks like a cool set - but are there any updates? The Web site is static which is always a concern on the 'Net. Smile

Posts: 802 | Location: MA | Registered: March 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
The Wax Eye website will be launched when the card set is available. Here is the updated info on the release date from the Wacky Packages forum...

Release Update: Release Update:
Anticipating full shipment to be arrived by end of next week. But to cover any doubt, I would say plan for availability by the first week of May. I wish they could be here now of course, but time is needed in the fulfillment dept. for the manual placement of the special inserts and eyeball gum. I suppose it wouldn't be an authentic card release without the standard delay.

Once shipment has arrived there will still be a newsletter announcement going out to the Wax-Eye subscribers first. Forums will then be updated with the release availability.

Once again in regards to the delay, I appreciate the patience with this first release. Hope that with offering updates and/or answering any questions can help with the wait.

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the update!. Should be a great series.

Oh, and eyeball gum? Eek Eek Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Here's a few pics of the sketch cards randomly inserted in the sets. (250 sketch cards total)

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Looks great good luck Tom

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Thanks. The Wax Eye site just went live this morning. Cereal Killers are officially available today

Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Here's a few pics of the sketch cards randomly inserted in the sets. (250 sketch cards total)

whats the odds on the sketch cards?

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks. The Wax Eye site just went live this morning. Cereal Killers are officially available today

Soon as I got the email this morning, I bought a set. Now, I just hope I get one of those stellar sketch cards! Oh, and I'm anxious for one of those black-light cards!

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
"whats the odds on the sketch cards?"

Sketch card odds are 1:16 sets