Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    The Big Bang Theory
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Big Bang Theory
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just had an e-mail from a UK dealer with more details.Each box will have one auto and one memorabilia and it's a 6000 box run.

Not something I watch but will try to pick up the Kaley Cuoco auto if it does not get ridiculously expensive as I did like Charmed.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Hoping the auto's will be one each per case

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
hoping its 2 per box !!

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
One Auto and One Memorabilia per box. No news on other signers yet

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 007bondcards
posted Hide Post
love the show and i think i will be ordering heavy on this one

Posts: 87 | Location: ontario | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
One Auto and One Memorabilia per box. No news on other signers yet

The latest promo ad seems ominously final... and lacking of any Sheldon-ness Frown

Posts: 486 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I absolutely love this show but with only 4 autographs I can't see me doing anything more than buying a master set. I waS hoping to have a few of the special guest stars or semi-regular cast sign as well but it doesn't appear that will happen. At least you can be assured of getting an autograph of a star of the show in each box. Perhaps when the memorabilia cards are announced it will be enough to change my mind about box busting these.

Posts: 249 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nicnac:
The latest promo ad seems ominously final... and lacking of any Sheldon-ness Frown

Where was this, I can only see the details from 6th May on the Cryptozoic web page?

Dave

Posts: 168 | Location: Green Hammerton, Yorkshire, UK | Registered: November 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Taylor:
quote:

Where was this, I can only see the details from 6th May on the Cryptozoic web page?

Dave

Sorry, what I saw were the same four autos but presented in a different way, and as a promo to a dealer:
http://www.blowoutcards.com/fo...y-trading-cards.html

Posts: 486 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sorry, what I saw were the same four autos but presented in a different way, and as a promo to a dealer:

Like Dave, I had also wondered what you meant by "their latest promo ad." So do you mean vertical instead of horizontal? Smile Cause that's the only difference I see between their site and Cryptozoic's site. They've copied and pasted the text and images, images that were posted here in late April (page 1)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
They've copied and pasted the text and images, images that were posted here in late April (page 1)

It's my understanding that blowout product announcements like that are furnished by the publishers...

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
I hope that is not all we are getting! If the announcement was from Cryptozoic surely they would have info about memorabilia cards as well. Can't believe they are going with one auto/one memorabilia card per box and are only giving info on 4 autos Shake Head

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
I hope that is not all we are getting! If the announcement was from Cryptozoic surely they would have info about memorabilia cards as well. Can't believe they are going with one auto/one memorabilia card per box and are only giving info on 4 autos Shake Head

They're still waiting on Sheldon autos to come in. I think Scott mentioned that at the Card Talk breakfast in Allentown.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Judging by how anxious collectors are over the details, Cryptozoic has hit on a gold mine with this license.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:

Well I don't know what will be in the final release, but if you told me that there is nothing more than those 4 autos I would still be happy enough to buy boxes.

There are 5 main characters in this ensemble cast and 4 of them are signing. That's the equivalent of getting 80% of the stars with no commons taking up all the hits. If there is going to be only one autograph per box, how can you complain about pulling a star over an extra?

Now if I find out that there are common signers at one autograph per box, that would be different and less desirable to me.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
There are 5 main characters in this ensemble cast and 4 of them are signing

When the one that is not shown is the star of the show, that's a problem. Dexter without Dexter, Spartacus without Spartacus, etc.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
There are 5 main characters in this ensemble cast and 4 of them are signing

When the one that is not shown is the star of the show, that's a problem. Dexter without Dexter, Spartacus without Spartacus, etc.

While I get your point, Sheldon is neither Dexter or Spartacus. He is probably most people's favorite character on The Big Bang, but the show depends heavily on the chemistry of the whole group. Sure it would be fantastic if Jim Parsons signed for the card set, but it doesn't mean that the set depends on his autograph being included when you have the other four. I'm just saying that I would be happy pulling any of them. Smile

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:

There are 5 main characters in this ensemble cast and 4 of them are signing. That's the equivalent of getting 80% of the stars with no commons taking up all the hits. If there is going to be only one autograph per box, how can you complain about pulling a star over an extra?

Now if I find out that there are common signers at one autograph per box, that would be different and less desirable to me.

Sorry don't agree with that - at the prices quoted for boxes what will we be getting from a case of 12 boxes - 3 auto's of each? does that mean that they have signed 1,500 cards each to match the 6,000 box run? Can't see the excitement in that - if it is only 4 auto's per case then the price point is high. There are a lot of good "extras" in this series, so the need for fillers is less. I totally agree that getting the 4 to sign (and as Ted has said they are hoping for all 5 to sign) is very impressive - my main point of the original post was to question whether the blowout cards advert was the "final" product. Having seen Cryptozoic at Philly, I don't believe it is - so not complaining YET Big Grin

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
so not complaining YET Big Grin

...but on the verge Wink

Really wouldn't mind pulling any of the following:

Melissa Raunch
Mayin Bialik
Sara Gilbert
Kevin Sussman
Laurie Metcalf
Wil Wheaton
Katee Sackhoff
George Takai
Summer Glau
Eliza Dushku

Not too shabby for back-ups Thumb Up Wouldn't mind a sound card with "Penny...Penny...Penny" or the run-down for "Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock"

Might buy a box or two Big Grin

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I asked via Facebook if they had any updates, and the following is the reply:

Cryptozoic Entertainment wrote "None at the moment. We're spending this time getting our ducks in a row regarding our autographs and such, as well as slinging BBT quotes at each other across cubicles. =)"

To me, this suggests there may be more autos to come.

Dave

Posts: 168 | Location: Green Hammerton, Yorkshire, UK | Registered: November 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post