Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    The Big Bang Theory
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
The Big Bang Theory
 Login/Join
 
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AJJ:
Could someone please post the checklist here as I'm having a problem opening the PDF file. Thumb Up


Autographs
A1 Johnny Galecki (Rare)
A2 Jim Parsons (Rare)
A3 Kaley Cuoco (Rare)
A4 Simon Helberg (Rare)
A5 Kunal Nayyar (Rare)
A6 Kevin Sussman (Uncommon)
A7 John Ross Bowie
A8 Laurie Metcalf (Uncommon)
A9 Brian George
A10 Alice Amter
A11 Courtney Henggeler

Wardrobe cards
M1 Sheldon’s Bathrobe
M2 Sheldon’s Purple Undershirt
M3 Sheldon’s Blue Undershirt
M4 Sheldon’s Plaid Pants
M5 Howard’s Purple V-Neck
M6 Howard’s Orange Button-up Shirt
M7 Howard’s Maroon Turtleneck
M8 Howard’s Green Pants
M9 Leonard’s Dress Shirt
M10 Leonard’s Red T-Shirt
M11 Leonard’s Green Hoodie
M12 Raj’s Purple Jacket
M13 Raj’s Yellow Shirt
M14 Raj’s Green Shirt
M15 Penny’s Hoodie
M16 Penny’s Sweatpants
M17 Penny’s Top
M18 Sheldon’s Pajamas (Binder Exclusive)

I see lots of dup autos in the future of those breaking cases of this...unfortunately.
 
Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DewMan
posted Hide Post
If there is a significant difference between the rare and common autos, it's kind of disappointing to see that there might be the possibility of only one or two main cast member autos in a whole case with multiples of the four lesser autos pretty much guaranteed.

Making some assumptions about the relative quantity of rare and uncommon autographs, I am guessing most case breaks will go like this with excellent collation:

2 Brian George
2 Alice Amter
2 John Ross Bowie
2 Courtney Henggeler
1 Kevin Sussman
1 Laurie Metcalf
2 Galecki, Parsons, Cuoco, Helberg, or Nayyar
 
Posts: 712 | Location: Western US | Registered: August 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Thanks Chuck.

____________________
"No time like the present to change the future"
 
Posts: 4593 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Well I am a big fan of BBT and I had to look up some names. For those like me:

Courtney Henggeler played Missy Cooper, Sheldon's twin sister in one episode.

Brian George and Alice Amtor are Raj parents, Mr. and Mrs. Koothrappali.

John Ross Bowie is of course Barry Kripke.

To have no autographs from any of the well known guest stars is disappointing. To have all 5 stars done as rares is worse. This type of formula means that you can break multiple cases and still be short cards to complete the autograph list. I suspect it to be similar to the case breaks of the Vampire Diaries, only here there are 5 stars instead of 3, so the odds are even greater. Frown
 
Posts: 8059 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I thought the auto. list was going to be a little larger. And then they made all 5 main cast cards rare is making me think twice about buying a case. The last thing I want is to get a bunch of double autographs.
 
Posts: 97 | Location: United States | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of ScoobyDew79
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Well I am a big fan of BBT and I had to look up some names. For those like me:

Courtney Henggeler played Missy Cooper, Sheldon's twin sister in one episode.

Brian George and Alice Amtor are Raj parents, Mr. and Mrs. Koothrappali.

John Ross Bowie is of course Barry Kripke.

To have no autographs from any of the well known guest stars is disappointing. To have all 5 stars done as rares is worse. This type of formula means that you can break multiple cases and still be short cards to complete the autograph list. I suspect it to be similar to the case breaks of the Vampire Diaries, only here there are 5 stars instead of 3, so the odds are even greater. Frown


Most of the well known guest stars didn't appear in the first couple of seasons, with the notable exception of Summer Glau in season 2. Wheaton and Sackoff didn't show up until Season 3, Takei, Stan Leee, LeVar Burton until season 4...And I'm leaving plenty of others out I know.
 
Posts: 43 | Location: Oxford, Mississippi | Registered: December 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Yup, seasons 1 and 2 were a bit thin on notable guests, but for subsequent sets the list gets much better (who wouldn't want another Dushku auto?).

For seasons 1-2 the auto line-up is pretty good and I don't mind that they made the main cast tougher to get, the market would be pretty flooded and the cards wouldn't hold much value if a case had a full run of autos with 1 duplicate.
I'll probably buy 2-3 boxes then fill in what I need after that.

Just for something different next set I'd like to see something like having all the signers sign a small number in red ink and make that a case hit, just a little something extra to make case busting more interesting.

____________________
"Man muss entweder der Hammer oder der Amboss sein" (you must be the hammer or the anvil)

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)


 
Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScoobyDew79:
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:

To have no autographs from any of the well known guest stars is disappointing. To have all 5 stars done as rares is worse. This type of formula means that you can break multiple cases and still be short cards to complete the autograph list. I suspect it to be similar to the case breaks of the Vampire Diaries, only here there are 5 stars instead of 3, so the odds are even greater. Frown


Most of the well known guest stars didn't appear in the first couple of seasons, with the notable exception of Summer Glau in season 2. Wheaton and Sackoff didn't show up until Season 3, Takei, Stan Leee, LeVar Burton until season 4...And I'm leaving plenty of others out I know.


I agree that the first 2 seasons were light, but in addition to Glau, Sara Gilbert (Leslie), Sara Rue (Leonard's doctor friend), Brian Wade (Penny's boyfriend) and Christine Baranski (Leonard's Mother) had notable appearances. You have only 11 signers here, with 5 being rare and 2 more limited. If you buy by the box or case getting multiples of the 4 commons is far more likely because the pool is so small.

I can see collectors buying the individual autographs, but I can't see buying many boxes or cases trying to find the rares. You could spend way more money and your doubles and triples will just be low priced commons.
 
Posts: 8059 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of watchers of watchers
posted Hide Post
What is sad for me is that this was the set to bring me back to nonsports cards, I see that most of Crypto releases just dont hold any value and with the exception of the walking dead are dropping in prices and in most cases are below original selling cost? And at least with the dead set you had a chance at a sketch card with the limited autos in that set, I fear because of all the delays in this set they are holding back autos of the main five to make the next release tempting, but if it pans out the autos are as scarce as we think I would not waste my money on any of Cryptos releases and go back to football. I wish I could say something else and saw something that would bring promise to this side of card collecting but its just not there.....did any one ever ask Scott about sketch cards for this set? I doubt you could get an answer thou....

____________________
Remove no spam for email
 
Posts: 330 | Location: th,indiana,usa | Registered: June 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The Vampire Diaries is also holding value very well for the most part (especially the main cast members).
 
Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by watchers of watchers:
What is sad for me is that this was the set to bring me back to nonsports cards, I see that most of Crypto releases just dont hold any value and with the exception of the walking dead are dropping in prices and in most cases are below original selling cost? And at least with the dead set you had a chance at a sketch card with the limited autos in that set, I fear because of all the delays in this set they are holding back autos of the main five to make the next release tempting, but if it pans out the autos are as scarce as we think I would not waste my money on any of Cryptos releases and go back to football. I wish I could say something else and saw something that would bring promise to this side of card collecting but its just not there.....did any one ever ask Scott about sketch cards for this set? I doubt you could get an answer thou....


I agree with Chuck. If anything, besides the CBDLF release, the Cryptozoic sets seem to be doing REALLY well in holding their value. It doesn't look like it, but many of the prices are just settling into their "real" value now that the initial demand crunch is over. Unlike sports cards, for the most part non-sport values don't keep skyrocketing for many reasons- for example, there isn't a constant flow of athletic events to stem interest in a player. non-sports tend to have a large jump in value when the set first releases, and then it valleys once demand has been met and there is some product left, and then the values come up a bit more once the excess product is gone and sellers become more set on their prices.

It seems like many people are upset that the big 5 are gong to be rare, but remember that this wont be a 1/1 situation or a situation where prices are artificially inflated by holding back some of the cards to be released with a new logo or by putting the sticker on a new card. For the most part, the words "rarity", "scarcity", etc mean something different in non-sports than it does for sports cards. I know from my personal experiences with sports cards that sometimes I would have a better chance winning a lottery than I would getting a scarce card, where in non-sports for the most part I have a fighting chance to get some really good pulls, and have made some great pulls where I beat the odds, like I did with my two sketch pulls from two boxes of the Walking Dead.

In short, don't give up and start complaining until you see how things go. As they say in Vegas, "you're never going to win the jackpot on slots if you refuse to ever put a quarter in one". Or, as Han Solo put it, "Never tell me the odds" Big Grin

____________________
billylomas1 on Epack

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/
 
Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post



Member
Picture of SBelcher
posted Hide Post
Listed as Rare with little context and no production numbers: People complain about then being "too rare".
List them as Common (again, with no numbers): People complain "My Jim Parsons/Kaley Cuoco Auto won't pay for my case!!!".
Be happy we're even seeing a release for this show, I'm sure it was a licensing nightmare.
 
Posts: 281 | Location: Indiana | Registered: April 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
I think you guys should be happy that they were able to get ALL the main cast to sign in the first place, it's alot more then some other sets ever get...
 
Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
I think you guys should be happy that they were able to get ALL the main cast to sign in the first place, it's alot more then some other sets ever get...


I agree *cough* Smallville *cough* Buffy *cough*
I'm happy as heck this set is being made, and I'm looking forward to future sets.
Dance

____________________
www.misslizzyscollectibles.com
Twitter: @MLCollectibles


 
Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
Picture of Scott Gaeta
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by watchers of watchers:
What is sad for me is that this was the set to bring me back to nonsports cards, I see that most of Crypto releases just dont hold any value and with the exception of the walking dead are dropping in prices and in most cases are below original selling cost? And at least with the dead set you had a chance at a sketch card with the limited autos in that set, I fear because of all the delays in this set they are holding back autos of the main five to make the next release tempting, but if it pans out the autos are as scarce as we think I would not waste my money on any of Cryptos releases and go back to football. I wish I could say something else and saw something that would bring promise to this side of card collecting but its just not there.....did any one ever ask Scott about sketch cards for this set? I doubt you could get an answer thou....


- No autos were held back for future sets. We got the main cast to sign as many as they were willing to sign and were pretty fortunate that they all agreed to sign at all.

- Sketch cards are not possible for this title.

- We are sold out of all our cases and had to allocate some late accounts that tried to increase their numbers at the last minute.

Best,

Scott

____________________
_______________
Scott Gaeta
Cryptozoic Entertainment
 
Posts: 112 | Location: Irvine, CA.  | Registered: February 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of TWS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DewMan:
If there is a significant difference between the rare and common autos, it's kind of disappointing to see that there might be the possibility of only one or two main cast member autos in a whole case with multiples of the four lesser autos pretty much guaranteed.

Making some assumptions about the relative quantity of rare and uncommon autographs, I am guessing most case breaks will go like this with excellent collation:

2 Brian George
2 Alice Amter
2 John Ross Bowie
2 Courtney Henggeler
1 Kevin Sussman
1 Laurie Metcalf
2 Galecki, Parsons, Cuoco, Helberg, or Nayyar

Nope! Opening cases now.. Looks like one rare autograph per case of the main cast. Lots of Courtney Hennggeler, Brian George and Alice Amter.. Still an awesome release! Also the cards are perfect.. No problems with any damaged cards.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TWS,
 
Posts: 2099 | Location: none | Registered: September 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of watchers of watchers
posted Hide Post
I see some were already on ebay, and at one per case only deep pockets are guaranteed a good auto glad I cancelled will post my football break when it comes...

____________________
Remove no spam for email
 
Posts: 330 | Location: th,indiana,usa | Registered: June 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of TWS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by watchers of watchers:
I see some were already on ebay, and at one per case only deep pockets are guaranteed a good auto glad I cancelled will post my football break when it comes...

Yep, I saw those too.. A Rejash sold for $125 but I'm thinking that's so low with one rare per case..
 
Posts: 2099 | Location: none | Registered: September 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Like the Vampire Diaries this is going to be a very expensive master set.

Have to think there is a real chance of less honest dealers cherry pickung cases with only one big hit.
 
Posts: 2460 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of watchers of watchers
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TWS:
quote:
Originally posted by watchers of watchers:
I see some were already on ebay, and at one per case only deep pockets are guaranteed a good auto glad I cancelled will post my football break when it comes...

Yep, I saw those too.. A Rejash sold for $125 but I'm thinking that's so low with one rare per case..


It actually sold for 97.00 his BIN price was 125.00 he accepted 97.00

____________________
Remove no spam for email
 
Posts: 330 | Location: th,indiana,usa | Registered: June 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16  
 

Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    The Big Bang Theory

© Non-Sport Update 2013